TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAI Brake Duct Kit

mffarrell

Does anybody know if there will be a problem with the Brake Duct hoses plumbing and the S/C intercooler getting in the way? In other words, can you have a SAI Brake Duct Kit coexist with a SAI/Paxton SC?

I thought someone mentioned that the Brake Duct hoses will get in the way of the intercooler?

Does anybody know if there will be a problem with the Brake Duct hoses plumbing and the S/C intercooler getting in the way? In other words, can you have a SAI Brake Duct Kit coexist with a SAI/Paxton SC?

I thought someone mentioned that the Brake Duct hoses will get in the way of the intercooler?

I don't think that is the case. I went up to SAI personally a month ago and went over the punch list with John. I am getting both items and he did not mention a problem. I know Socal has both. Perhaps he could weigh in on this one.

Jim

They don't interfere. But I'll tell you it's tight in the lower grill with the lights. It sounds like someone is getting ready to get some serious mods on their car. Perhaps we can help you spend your money at the B-Day bash to complete that must have mod list. As far as the Shelby installed Paxton, I believe they do tap in for oil source on the SC for the #1200.

Hope this helps. See ya in Vegas.

They don't interfere. But I'll tell you it's tight in the lower grill with the lights. It sounds like someone is getting ready to get some serious mods on their car. Perhaps we can help you spend your money at the B-Day bash to complete that must have mod list. As far as the Shelby installed Paxton, I believe they do tap in for oil source on the SC for the #1200.

Hope this helps. See ya in Vegas.

Dave, yes I am doing a few mods. SAI will complete most of them, when I am out in LV next week. I am still undecided about the S/C. If I decide to go with a S/C, it will be the Shelby/Paxton, and I will probably install it myself...just trying to get my car prepped. I am going with the non-S/C gauge pod, brake duct kit, lower driving lights, and I plan on installing a boost gauge probably on the pillar. I hope that SAI will sell a standalone boost gauge.

Also, I plan on having the rear seat delete option as well.

I will see you next week!

I have the driving lights & brake ducts on mine. The brake ducts dead end into the outer edges of the intercooler. I'm going to try and modify for the duct work. Let ya know what happens :)

Archived