TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where to place boost gauge?

mffarrell

I am having the SAI gauge pod installed with fuel pressure, oil pressure, and oil temp. Where would be a good place to install a standalone boost gauge? I am thinking maybe at the pillar or behind the steering wheel?

Can I just purchase only the SAI boost gauge, so it matches my other three gauges?

I am having the SAI gauge pod installed with fuel pressure, oil pressure, and oil temp. Where would be a good place to install a standalone boost gauge? I am thinking maybe at the pillar or behind the steering wheel?

Can I just purchase only the SAI boost gauge, so it matches my other three gauges?

I put mine on the pillar using the Speed of Sound gauge pods.

Wado, were you able to purchase a SAI boost gauge, or did you you use another brand? Where did you purchase the Speed of Sound gauge pods?

Thanks!

Mike

I bought the pods from lethal performance and I used Autometer Phantom II's.

I have my boost gauage in my S/C truck on the pillar. It works well there. I felt that having it on the steering wheel makes you drop your eyes off the road more than the pillar.

The boost gauge is a 2 5/8" Autometer Carbon Fiber series gauge. Unfortunately this seems to be a SAI item only and I have not seen them avalible individually. I would check with Bud. On the Speed of Sound A Pillar pod, it is the best. They utilize the Factory Ford A pillar and modify it to fit their pods. But they only make it for the 2 1/16" gauge. And Autometer does not make the "signature" gauge in that size.

Archived