TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pics of the new 2-piece hood scoop installed

Crucible

I used to think that some of you owners were being babies about these hood scoop issues...that was until I took delivery of mine. I think when you are on a long interstate drive you can't help but stare at it and it starts to get on your nerves...so now I'm interested in the fix too!

I used to think that some of you owners were being babies about these hood scoop issues...that was until I took delivery of mine. I think when you are on a long interstate drive you can't help but stare at it and it starts to get on your nerves...so now I'm interested in the fix too!

I think you have a good point there. :)

Im waiting to get all my ducks in a row for the mod shop in Vegas so when i take it back for mods, the scoop will be done at the same time. :D

I think you have a good point there. :)

Im waiting to get all my ducks in a row for the mod shop in Vegas so when i take it back for mods, the scoop will be done at the same time. :D

What? You're getting mods? Supercharger? Then your Black will be faster than my White! :lol:

Ilmor, I think your the only one NOT getting a s/c :D Haha, and swede I hope will meet me in Vegas to get his when i get mine haha :D

Ilmor says he never goes over the speed limit :D Thats gonna be tough with a blower.

Ilmor says he never goes over the speed limit :D Thats gonna be tough with a blower.

He can't even get out of 2nd. gear.......................... :lol:

What? You're getting mods? Supercharger? Then your Black will be faster than my White! :lol:

Nahhhh,

Just shorting the time the white cars see my tailights.................... :P

j/k

• 2 weeks later...

What is meant by 2 piece hood scoop?

The new fix for the lifting scoop problems is a two piece unit. external piece is like what we have now but maybe a different material and then there is a core piece that goes inside between the hood and the first piece as a sort of filler. Of coarse the main improvement I believe is that the scoop is completly riveted on rather than a few bolts and fake rivets. There is a picture of the new scoop pieces in one of these posts. I had my dealer order my replacement and it just arrived a couple of days ago, now I'm waiting for several days of sunshine so the mud dries up on the gravel roads so I can take it in to have it installed.

The new fix for the lifting scoop problems is a two piece unit. external piece is like what we have now but maybe a different material and then there is a core piece that goes inside between the hood and the first piece as a sort of filler. Of coarse the main improvement I believe is that the scoop is completly riveted on rather than a few bolts and fake rivets. There is a picture of the new scoop pieces in one of these posts. I had my dealer order my replacement and it just arrived a couple of days ago, now I'm waiting for several days of sunshine so the mud dries up on the gravel roads so I can take it in to have it installed.

Thanks Shelby Don. I missed that the scoop might be a different material in addition to the rivet fix. I'll have to look for the post.

Phil

Archived