TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Driveway Clearance with the Shelby GT

ApexStang_merged

Can you guys give me some feedback on any driveway / front fascia issues you guys might be having? I have a 07 Mustang GT and have upgraded to the Shelby GT / Cali Special front and rear bumpers.

I need a slight drop of about 1" all the way around but I am slightly concerned with the clearance with the front fascia.

My driveway is not a severe slope, but it is something I need to be concerned with.

Here is a pic of ride just for giggles and xxxxx.

ApexDecember07Mustang028-blur.jpg

Can you guys give me some feedback on any driveway / front fascia issues you guys might be having? I have a 07 Mustang GT and have upgraded to the Shelby GT / Cali Special front and rear bumpers.

I need a slight drop of about 1" all the way around but I am slightly concerned with the clearance with the front fascia.

My driveway is not a severe slope, but it is something I need to be concerned with.

Here is a pic of ride just for giggles and xxxxx.

ApexDecember07Mustang028-blur.jpg

I've seen you at Stangnet! :)

I'm not sure about the clearance in terms of inches, but I do know you have to be careful, every time you park and pull into driveways.

When I first got my car, I chewed up the front bumper pretty badly at my work, and at a parking space curb.. All of the damage is on the bottom of the bumper.. it doesn't show unless you are underneath the car.

Because of how good the car will look lowered, I think a few scrapes are worth it..

That is a sharp GT350 tribute car. Sometimes i back into driveways when i have clearance issues.

Thanks man. I appreciate that. I usually catch hell from some regarding the whole deal with me doing a GT350 tribute. Hell, many don't even know what a G.T.350 is. Mine is missing the periods in between the GT. I need to get it to say G.T. 350 like the original, but oh well. :)

I really don't want to scrape and wouldn't mind backing in. Hell, I'm convincing my wife we need a new house anyways! I'll be sure to find one with a perfectly flat driveway. :lol:

Hey 1965 Coupe. Yeah, I hang out at Stangnet quite a bit. Also have been posting more and more at MustangForums as well. I love this forum as well because I always like to see the different mods folks are doing to the Shelby's.

When I measured my car's front end clearance it was 5.5 inches max, which is not very much at all. I try to angle any approach that even looks dangerous or avoid it all together and never pull all the way up to any curb or parking lot concrete block (I avoid all parking lots I can too). So far I have not scraped the Mustang. You have to go slow on those speed dips that they have on some roads as well or you could tear heck out of things there too. Ahhh, the burdens of owning a SGT are heavy. :)

According to the literature I have, we have the FRP suspension package # M-2005-FR3, page 19 of the 2007 catalogue. The specs on this kit say the suspension is lowered 1.5" from stock measurements.

I too have scraped my chin on parking curbs and speed bumps, but nothing visible without climbing under the car. I believe there are some government specs for this kind of stuff now, but what property owner is going to replace his parking curbs because one of his customers has a lower car? Just have to be careful, eh?

According to the literature I have, we have the FRP suspension package # M-2005-FR3, page 19 of the 2007 catalogue. The specs on this kit say the suspension is lowered 1.5" from stock measurements.

I too have scraped my chin on parking curbs and speed bumps, but nothing visible without climbing under the car. I believe there are some government specs for this kind of stuff now, but what property owner is going to replace his parking curbs because one of his customers has a lower car? Just have to be careful, eh?

Hmm...1.5 inches lower is what I was looking for. I am thinking of a 1 inch drop up front and maybe a 1.5 inch drop in the back at the max. I am looking at the H&R Coil Over or Eibach Coil Over products. Maybe the Steeda springs as well since they are a very moderate drop.

Hmm...1.5 inches lower is what I was looking for. I am thinking of a 1 inch drop up front and maybe a 1.5 inch drop in the back at the max. I am looking at the H&R Coil Over or Eibach Coil Over products. Maybe the Steeda springs as well since they are a very moderate drop.

With the coil over setups, as I am sure you know, you are able to adjust to your liking both height and performance wise. So you will be good to go. The springs on the Shelby GT as stated will give you about 1.5" and are Eibach products. Be carefull if you are just installing springs as the H&R Super Sport springs settle a LOT and will drop the car in the weeds and you WILL have issues with that front facia. Nice looking ride! :)

i have a steep driveway and what makes it worse is the anoying street gutter in front of it...luckily i already filled the rain gutter few years earlier with concrete to smooth out the aproach (easier on the ball joints), otherwise i would never been able to even pull into the driveway with my Shelby unless i did it backwards but then i would face the problem of goin nose first back onto the street. i still have to pull in and back out at a sharp angle and even then i still clear the driveway with only 1 inch to spare.

the ground clearance is one thing that i hate about the car. it looks great but its almost impractical...and i dread the day i get a flat tire.

Ditto what everyone else has said. No big problems if you take it slowly and at an angle. One comment though: curbs in parking lots are the worst; I pretty much back into all spots now.

And your "350" looks great. Nice job.

Btw, does "Apex" in ApexStang relate to driving through corners or your location (Apex, NC?)?

My GT/CS had Steeda's susp. package and never scraped.Of course pull in slowly on a angle.Dont have 4 passengers and luggage and you will be OK.

DSC00272.jpg

As you can see my front end was fine for over a year.

Nice looking GT/CS, especially with those wheels. I considered getting a white convertible when my first ordered SGT did not work out, and I'm still a little jealous of your two-toned interior....

Archived