TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Disconnecting the battery

sdear

Laughing......I know what you mean.

Quick story: I had a 2006 Mustang GT before the Shelby. I was out of town on a business trip when my wife decided to take the GT to the store to buy me a pressure washer for Father's Day. When she removed the box from the trunk, she set it behind the car, then proceeded to back over the pressure washer. When I returned from my trip, I knew something had happend, my wife was too quiet. Upon inspection, the rear bumper was torn up........ :angry:

The moral of the story: Remove the Battery Cable AND Hide your keys!!!!!!!!

:D

Have a safe trip!!!

As it has been stated, you will not lose any tuning. However, you will lose your "adaptive memory" which retains the tweaks the EEC has made to the tune over the last 300 hours of drive time. This is okay, in fact, it's prolly good to clean out this memory bank every so often. All you'll need to do to start rebuilding it, is a few WOT passes down an on-ramp. Run Ralph through his gears, I am sure you will enjoy this.

As it has been stated, you will not lose any tuning. However, you will lose your "adaptive memory" which retains the tweaks the EEC has made to the tune over the last 300 hours of drive time. This is okay, in fact, it's prolly good to clean out this memory bank every so often. All you'll need to do to start rebuilding it, is a few WOT passes down an on-ramp. Run Ralph through his gears, I am sure you will enjoy this.

You know..it's funny you said that....just got home from doing a little shopping...and did exactly that getting on the interstate. There is NOTHING in the world that puts a smile on your face more than that !

It will probably be good for my car to erase the old memory....when I got the car, the clutch and shifting was different to me than what I was use to. I drove it like the little old lady that I am ...but now I drive him much better . Maybe erasing that won't be a bad thing :lol:

I would think the memory thing,would matter in regards on if you had an automatc tranny. Remembering driver habits and shift points.

Auto tranny shift points, rev limiter, and likewise stuff are in the tune and permanent until you change them. Adaptive memory records a lot of 411 that changes day to day, driver to driver. Things like spark and timing in the event you get a load of bad gas, or, if it's really hot and humid on a particular day. It also records high RPMs, WOT, hard braking events, fuel trim, AFR, IAT, EOT, ect.

Think of it as a "black box" like on an airplane, and yes, the data can be downloaded by Ford. If you show up at a dealership with a blown engine, the adaptive memory can tell the wrench what you were doing when it blew. You can read it yourself, with a Davis CarChip...Peek here?

http://www.davisnet.com/drive/products/carchip_products.asp

Archived