TEAM SHELBY FORUM

purchased the big orange air jack

fatboy_merged

ok just purchased the Titan exhaust air jack.... http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/sto...Category%20Page

i know this has been discussed in another thread but... anyone else have this? and have they tested it?

this thing is HUUUUUUGE. :o :blink: has a large surface area.... not sure where the best place is to lay under the car

Sweet. Wondering what the weight on a motorcycle jack is? Id go check but im a little lazy this last at night and its too cold out. But the bike jacks have very low profiles, if rated properly.

Ok, I looked and wouldnt try using it to lift the SGT. My bike jack is only rated at 1500lbs.

I got this jack a few weeks ago. I posted on the fact that it works well and inflates quickly (can't find my own post to save my life). It is very low weight but quite rugged. It comes with its own storage bag for the jack, the hose and the attachments. I put mine in the spare tire well that is populated on SGTs with only the inflator and the slime can. Plenty of room for all of that. For those of us who do carry a spare, I do not know of any other solution that will actually fit under the car, particularly if the car is sitting even lower than normal because of the flat. Jim

I got this jack a few weeks ago. I posted on the fact that it works well and inflates quickly (can't find my own post to save my life). It is very low weight but quite rugged. It comes with its own storage bag for the jack, the hose and the attachments. I put mine in the spare tire well that is populated on SGTs with only the inflator and the slime can. Plenty of room for all of that. For those of us who do carry a spare, I do not know of any other solution that will actually fit under the car, particularly if the car is sitting even lower than normal because of the flat. Jim

I use the standard Ford scissors jack, but carry a piece of stiff foam (3"x12"x12") to drive the wheel with the flat tire up on. Then the scissors jack fits fine at any of the jack points. The foam is similar to the foam that they make my Race Ramps out of. The scissors jack was $35 and the foam was a piece I had from another project. Very light weight and compact and simple!

I have/use this;

http://www.garrettwade.com/jump.jsp?itemID...temType=PRODUCT

It's powerful enough to lift a 4500 pound car (front and rear wheels together, or, two front and two rear together) from the center of the car.

I used it on my three 2003 Marauders to rotate tires, and to clean front and rear wheel wells together while I had the cleaning stuff out. I wouldn't trust it for long periods, just long enough to get jack stands under the frame, but it allowed that, and somewhat effortlessly I may add.

My Kenny Brown Marauder S was only 4.5" off the ground at the B pillar, and I didn't have much to pick from (not even the factory jack fit) until I found this. If it fit under my Marauder, and lifted it high enough to add jack stands, my SGT is a "no sweat" lift.

Archived