TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anybody rockin the CDC wing?

SGT3517

Go ahead! Do it! Then we'll know!!

I would like to see someone (SAI) come out w/ a tail lamp kit also that looks like the Shelby's of old.

I think I'm the black sheep of the group because i used the Roush wing. Most of the Shelby guys are only using Shelby product.

Wado - As I too was sitting by the way side, but I had to speak on this one. Your car is one of the most beautiful Shelby GT's I have seen via the wheels! However you blew it in my opinion i.e.: When you added a Roush wing instead of the Shelby GT500 wing or another Shelby product. I know your going to flame me but don't you think an American home would look out of place in Roman neighborhood in ROME? I thought you'd say yes and that is how I feel about your Rousch wing.

Sorry. But do yourself a favor and remove that thing and install a GT500 spoiler, you'll be glad you did as then you'd be 100% Shelby and every body elese would notice it too.

Again go ahead a flame away. I call'm as I see em'.

Nice wheels, I just love that set up!

If everyone had the same taste the world would be boring :blink: I like the wing and I'm man enough to handle others not liking it :D

Good on ya Wado :D The idea of changing your car to suit someone else's taste ;)

Jim

It's funny that the lack of a wing on this car seems to always be a point of discussion / contention. I know that this car is supposed to emulate the GT 350 but like many here I think this style of Mustang looks much better with a spoiler. Since I have gotten my car in July I have been on the fence between the GT500 and CDC ducktail. I like the CDC as it has more of a retro Shlelby look than the GT 500. Then again this is modern redo of the original classic Mustang and I also like the GT 500 wing. I have even considered the Steeda street wing which is a nicer interpretation of the stock Mustang GT wing. Decisions, decisions...

One more thing I forgot to mention is that if considering the CDC ducktail check with your state as this wing covers the third brake light. I checked the NY dmv website and it said that two brake lights are required so covering the center light should not be a problem here. Not sure if any states disallow covering it.

One more thing I forgot to mention is that if considering the CDC ducktail check with your state as this wing covers the third brake light. I checked the NY dmv website and it said that two brake lights are required so covering the center light should not be a problem here. Not sure if any states disallow covering it.

More fuel for the fire: https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1208#9039 Cervini 3 Piece Type II Ducktail Wing. It's on their B2 Body Kit. The thing I like about the Cervini spoilers is they have a cutout for the CHMTL (center, 3rd brake light). However, if your heart is set on CDC (I've seen one on a lowered Mustang GT and it really looks nice!) CDC makes a CHMTL center mount with LEDs that mounts inside the rear glass up near the roof. Again that looks nicely done as well (It was on the same lowered Mustang GT I saw). Just depends on how much work you want to do.

One of these options is on my short list for this spring. I plan to buy one, set it on my SGT every night and just look at it for a week, then get it painted, repeat above setting and looking process for another week then decide if I want it installed. One thing I'd have to do is re-install the Shelby lettering on the back trunk lid. The Steeda ducktail mentioned above would not have that issue, but I like the classic ducktail better. Oh ya, and stripes, those need to be applied to this style spoiler too!

Todd Butler

csm1638

I dig the Spoiler-Delete so much....that a buddy and I are going to form an official club.

By April, you can visit: www.spoilerdelete.com and join!

:lol:

SpoilerDeleteAmerica.jpg

...and I'm NOT even joking!

;)

We created a Board of Directors....

then deleted it!

We were going to charge $49. per year to join, but then decided to delete the fee!

Come April....www.spoilerdelete.com

B)

I like the wing on the CS8, minus those 2 little things that look like they are trying to hold it up. It would be a very hard decision if I went this route. I would love to keep mine all relatively stock...but my addiction to modding is so great. All my previous stangs I have modded. If I got the CDC wing I would get the Black vinyl stripes(Like on the Black Roush 427R), 5% tint, Custom black faced 20 with a nice lip, and the Black Shelby billett grill. Of course this is all down the road....probably 2 years...but none the less its a tough decision. Leave stock or make it personalized.

I dig the Spoiler-Delete so much....that a buddy and I are going to form an official club.

SpoilerDeleteAmerica.jpg

;)

then deleted it!

We were going to charge $49. per year to join, but then decided to delete the fee!

B)

I posted a reply, then I deleted it.!! :lol::lol:

SpoilerDeleteAmerica.jpg

;)

then deleted it!

B)

Are you going to include a registery and later refuse to give it back to Mr. Shelby?

If so, I'm in. I am a spoiler delete fan myself, and I join all sorts of stupid clubs...

In April, I'll announce the official launch of www.spoilerdelete.com

T-shirt, Director's Chair, Baseball Cap.....anything else for the show & shines!

"I'm Spoiler Delete and I'm Proud" may be our early motto!

or:

"I once had a spoiler"

Archived