TEAM SHELBY FORUM

100 Miles and I have a noise

bmw0323

Ok I have 100 Miles and I have clunck from the under the car :rant: . Sounds like hollow like. I dont want to take it back to dealer.

Sorry...deleted this post because it was rude and uncalled for. That said, why don't you want to go to a dealer? You have a warranty.

bj

Guest evilchris

Well this is certainly not good for expectations...squeaks and rattles...yikes.

All s197's have a few quirks. Most are livable.

All Mustangs have quirks.

I don't consider quality control issues quirks. A quirk is a peculiar trait, such as the fact that there was no "off" switch on the heater blower in my '71 Vega. It was designed that way to save cost (piece of junk, but all I could afford at age 16). A squeak or clunk that bugs the crap out of me all the time is a major nuisance....not a quirk...and it could be foretelling of a worse problem. Hopefully it's something that's easily fixed...and they make adjustments in production to stop this on future GT500s.

Dave

Guest evilchris

I don't consider quality control issues quirks. A quirk is a peculiar trait, such as the fact that there was no "off" switch on the heater blower in my '71 Vega. It was designed that way to save cost (piece of junk, but all I could afford at age 16). A squeak or clunk that bugs the crap out of me all the time is a major nuisance....not a quirk...and it could be foretelling of a worse problem. Hopefully it's something that's easily fixed...and they make adjustments in production to stop this on future GT500s.

Dave

They havent eliminated the fuel filler tube issue yet which has been seen on 07's already. 3 year old issue now. Had it on the GT-H I rented even. The "fix" that works is put the nozzle upside down, lol. You won't think you have it, 20 fillups np, then BOOM there it is!

Dave

Terry1234, :fan: post your info if you do go to dealer.. evilchris sounds like he has the info

that will help.. anything that that you know about this evil will be greatly appreciated :banghead:

I will be getting mine Wed. 8/02, so if I have this problem, I want to address this right away...

Thanks again evilchris in advance :rockon: Good luck getting that fixed Terry1234 :shrug:

They havent eliminated the fuel filler tube issue yet which has been seen on 07's already. 3 year old issue now. Had it on the GT-H I rented even. The "fix" that works is put the nozzle upside down, lol. You won't think you have it, 20 fillups np, then BOOM there it is!

Evilchris is the fuel filler tube a tsb to the service people at ford . Can you please tell me what the exact problem is all about , thanks for any info .

Guest evilchris

Evilchris is the fuel filler tube a tsb to the service people at ford . Can you please tell me what the exact problem is all about , thanks for any info .

There was a TSB for cars built before 4/05, and now Ford claims "problem solved". They put in a revised gas tank. Problem is, the issue still exists. What happens is you can only put in a few cents at a time and the pump clicks off, thinking the car is full. Ford claims it's the gas stations fault, something about the pressure they use. Funny that ONLY THE S197 MUSTANG generally has this problem. If you run into a station where you get this issue, turning the nozzle upside down remedies the issue. It's freaking annoying though.

There was a TSB for cars built before 4/05, and now Ford claims "problem solved". They put in a revised gas tank. Problem is, the issue still exists. What happens is you can only put in a few cents at a time and the pump clicks off, thinking the car is full. Ford claims it's the gas stations fault, something about the pressure they use. Funny that ONLY THE S197 MUSTANG generally has this problem. If you run into a station where you get this issue, turning the nozzle upside down remedies the issue. It's freaking annoying though.

Thanks for the info

Dave

Terry, I think the blower switch not having an off position was a government requirement at the time. It's interesting that you had a 71 Vega. So did I. I've still got mine.

"Funny that ONLY THE S197 MUSTANG generally has this problem"

My last car had this problem. My Inf. G35 Coupe was SUCH A PAIN that i took it backt to the dealer 10 times for the fuel cut off. I had enough and fixed it myself the is a small hole to let the air displaced by the fuel out so i made that hole as big as i could but sticking a screwdriver in the hole and it went way. IT SUCK PUTTING IN .50 cents click .22 cents click .05 cents click get mad kick car hurt foot 1.23 yes on crap click. :rant:

"Funny that ONLY THE S197 MUSTANG generally has this problem"

My last car had this problem. My Inf. G35 Coupe was SUCH A PAIN that i took it backt to the dealer 10 times for the fuel cut off. I had enough and fixed it myself the is a small hole to let the air displaced by the fuel out so i made that hole as big as i could but sticking a screwdriver in the hole and it went way. IT SUCK PUTTING IN .50 cents click .22 cents click .05 cents click get mad kick car hurt foot 1.23 yes on crap click. :rant:

Looks like we should scrap the group therapy idea and get a podiatrist on board so he can fix our feet after we kick the car 100 times. :lol:

Dave

Looks like we should scrap the group therapy idea and get a podiatrist on board so he can fix our feet after we kick the car 100 times. :lol:

Dave

Lesson learned the hard way(most of mine are)at early age #238 "Do not kick an inanimate object, it can't possibly scream louder than me when I break two toes." :censored: lawnmower :rant:

600 miles and no "clunk" from mine. Only odd sound is the ceramic clutch. Mostly when cold (not always) I hear a sound that I can best describe as a vacuum leak. You know, that hissing sound that occurs if you remove a vaccum line from a running engine. And no, I'm not being funny when I use "Hissing" to describe the sound.

Regardless, the sound only lasts for a few moments, and according to the owner's supplement, it's normal. So considering that it's a normal sound for this car, I'm cool with it. Besides, a hissing sound from a Cobra makes sense to me.

On the other hand, if other owners here tell me that they are not hearing that sound, then damn the supplement, I'll take the car in for inspection right away.

Anyone else hear this sound, or am I special?

Son of GT -

The sound is there. I don't think it goes away. It's easist for me to hear when I pull out of the garage or pull in. It does sound like a vacuum leak. I only hear it as the clutch is being let out to engage it. In other words, while the pedal is moving. I assume it's the hydraulic clutch cylinder operating. I read the comment in the owner's manual to apply to the engagement of the clutch in first gear and the resultant shudder or chatter. I think I'm getting better at it, but still only batting .500 or .600 in smooth, fast starts. slow starts are cake.

Son of GT -

The sound is there. I don't think it goes away. It's easist for me to hear when I pull out of the garage or pull in. It does sound like a vacuum leak. I only hear it as the clutch is being let out to engage it. In other words, while the pedal is moving. I assume it's the hydraulic clutch cylinder operating. I read the comment in the owner's manual to apply to the engagement of the clutch in first gear and the resultant shudder or chatter. I think I'm getting better at it, but still only batting .500 or .600 in smooth, fast starts. slow starts are cake.

This is all great info. I will probably pick up my car today. Now I know what to listen and look for. If I heard a hissing sound and a clunk at the same time I might think the world was coming to an end.

A little off point for this topic but, did everyone get all of the documentation they wanted when they took delivery?

Thanks again

Larry

Archived