TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just picked up # 5696!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MessyMarvin

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I picked up my Shelby GT yesterday, it is white, came with IUP, wheel locks, Anti-theft, Sirius, heated seats, and the Shaker 1000. I got it for x-plan minus the $1000 bonus cash and 0% financing for 60 months. The front Grill did not have the old one behind it, first Shelby I looked at that did not, maybe because it such a late model? I test drove a Roush 427 the same day, it was a beast. It would have only been a couple grand more, but at the end of the day the Shelby looks better, handles better, and it is a Shelby. I can just Supercharge my Shelby and it will just as fast, maybe faster, than the Roush. For now it is staying stock with the exception of some Shelby parts. I ordered the Shelby Signature Mats, the lower Grille insert, rear License Plate Holder, and the Hood Pin Kit. I also ordered the 1/18 Diecast and 3-1/64 Diecast cars, one for me and one for each of my 2 year old twin boys!!!!!!!!!!

I am still debating the Shelby Print for $599. Anyone that has done this please give input.

Sun came out a couple hours ago, must go for a ride now.................

I will post pic's later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to be an official member now, look forward to getting to know you all!!!!!!!!!!

Bill

I picked up my Shelby GT yesterday, it is white, came with IUP, wheel locks, Anti-theft, Sirius, heated seats, and the Shaker 1000. I got it for x-plan minus the $1000 bonus cash and 0% financing for 60 months. The front Grill did not have the old one behind it, first Shelby I looked at that did not, maybe because it such a late model? I test drove a Roush 427 the same day, it was a beast. It would have only been a couple grand more, but at the end of the day the Shelby looks better, handles better, and it is a Shelby. I can just Supercharge my Shelby and it will just as fast, maybe faster, than the Roush. For now it is staying stock with the exception of some Shelby parts. I ordered the Shelby Signature Mats, the lower Grille insert, rear License Plate Holder, and the Hood Pin Kit. I also ordered the 1/18 Diecast and 3-1/64 Diecast cars, one for me and one for each of my 2 year old twin boys!!!!!!!!!!

I am still debating the Shelby Print for $599. Anyone that has done this please give input.

Glad to be an official member now, look forward to getting to know you all!!!!!!!!!!

Bill

congrats. i know you got a great deal!!!!!

michael morris

Bill

Congrats Bill, and welcome to the family.

Get the print, it's awesome. The Shelby one comes with a badge with your name and car number and is signed by Shelby. The Ford one is without.

You say the Shelby handles better than the Roush?

Details please.... What was on the Roush etc...?

Dan :huh:

Dan,

The 427R Roush does not come with the suspension that the Stage 3 has. I think it comes with the regular GT suspension, but the upgraded suspension is an option. I must say the Off-Road Roush exhaust on the 427R was the best sounding I have heard. It smoked the Stage 3 Exhaust. The dealer started both of them for me, but I only drove the 427R. The power difference was substantial, but I am not a drag racer, this is my weekend Toy. Plus like I said earlier, if I want more power, I can add a Supercharger. With Tasca so close I would not even have to ship my car. Tasca can do Superchargers now, correct??

Wow-must be one of the last '07s. 5speed or auto? ENJOY!!

5-speed, I have had more manuals then Auto's in my history of many cars. My DD is an Auto Honda Accord, I actually just bought it last month.

Guest Pixelsmack

VERY NICE!

I too am a recent owner. I came from a heavily modified '07 Mustang GT. Frankly living with SOCAL roads everyday the Shelby GTs suspension is perfect.

It's firm yet compliant. My old '07s was rigged for tearing it up at Willow Springs and this made it a nightmare on city streets.

Archived