TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripes is home!

MattInDetroit

Just a quick note to let you all know "Stripes" came home today after more than a week in the shop. It had the hood stripes replaced, the hood scoop replaced, and the shifter vibration fixed. All is done and it looks GREAT! Thanks for SAI for re-engineering this and sticking with the problem until fixed and to Victor Ford in Wauconda for doing such a careful job. I'm VERY happy! :D

Way to go Jeff...very happy for you !!!

It's nice not to see daylight through that scoop isn't it?

LOL..yeah, the entire way back home I kept looking at the side of the scoop as I drove. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Just hope it stays that way! :)

Glad to hear it came out great. I must say it has been very nice not having people upset about the scoop in a while now. :)

yeah..but now what do we talk about? :(

Just a quick note to let you all know "Stripes" came home today after more than a week in the shop. It had the hood stripes replaced, the hood scoop replaced, and the shifter vibration fixed. All is done and it looks GREAT! Thanks for SAI for re-engineering this and sticking with the problem until fixed and to Victor Ford in Wauconda for doing such a careful job. I'm VERY happy! :D

Jeff, that's great news. I'm glad you got it fixed the way you wanted. I know at one time you said you had quite a process with Ford Racing getting them to replace your stripes. Can you share what you finally had to do to convince them? I'm asking because I have submitted a claim through my dealer and sent pictures, but the pictures don't show the scratches the same way a visual inspection would. Thanks,

Dave

Glad to see you are happy.I detail For Victor Ford and they are a great bunch of guys.They actually treat cars like its theirs.My Shelby came from there.Good luck with the new scoop.

Wait do I know you? Were you at the car show this year? The guy with 250mi on the car and NEVER been washed or dusted?

Jeff, that's great news. I'm glad you got it fixed the way you wanted. I know at one time you said you had quite a process with Ford Racing getting them to replace your stripes. Can you share what you finally had to do to convince them? I'm asking because I have submitted a claim through my dealer and sent pictures, but the pictures don't show the scratches the same way a visual inspection would. Thanks,

Dave

Yes. I had the same problem. The pictures didn't show what you could seen in person. I'll PM you. <_<

Yes i was at the show. I had a white GT/CS and I had a blue canopy next to it.

Show Car Detail.I was by the quik lane.

Aww...cool! I remember you now!

There was a guy there that had a black SGT that had 250 miles on it and a coating of dust. He bought at VF in April and had NEVER washed or dusted it and he was in the show! We were all joking htat one day he would be able to sell it with the original dust!

:-)

After my ride home this AM I need to get my car detailed!

ugh...

Mine goes in on Jan 2nd for a new scoop. Once this is fixed, the car will be perfect! :D I can't wait and only hope the dealer doesn't screw it up somehow. :)

Well, then they can just get you a new hood and redo it!

:)

Hi Jeff,

I'm so glad to hear everything is working out. I plan to start the process to get my scoop replaced in the next few weeks. I'm looking for a qualified dealer to do the work. Did Victory do the work in-house or do they send out the work to a separate body shop? I'd prefert to take the car to a place whose done a few of these replacements. I do not know of a dealer near me, in Deerfield, whose done any scoop replacements. Have you heard of any closer to my house who've done the work?

Thanks,

Bennett

Jeff

Glad to hear about success. Assume this is the final fix....can you tell us what is different? rivets? please pass along some pics....thanx Steve

Jeff

Glad to hear about success. Assume this is the final fix....can you tell us what is different? rivets? please pass along some pics....thanx Steve

HI what did you do about the existing bolt holes in the hood when hood is open you can see bottom of scoop because of the old bolt holes i would say there is nothing you can do except replace hood .mine stays the way it is .i like the way the new scoop fits PARR FORD did a good job

Hi Jeff,

I'm so glad to hear everything is working out. I plan to start the process to get my scoop replaced in the next few weeks. I'm looking for a qualified dealer to do the work. Did Victory do the work in-house or do they send out the work to a separate body shop? I'd prefert to take the car to a place whose done a few of these replacements. I do not know of a dealer near me, in Deerfield, whose done any scoop replacements. Have you heard of any closer to my house who've done the work?

Thanks,

Bennett

hey Bennett!

Hope all is well! It's Victor Ford, an SVT/Ford Racing/Saleen dealer, and no they out sourced it. They have a guy they use for more complicated work and he builds fiberglass and plastic kit cars so her was perfect to mess with the scoop and as i said he did a great job. The plus for you making the drive would be a dealer and a body shop that has at least done this once and based upon what I see did it right!

It's a 30 min drive for me past two other dealerships, including the one I bought it at, but it was worth it!

-Jeff

Jeff

Steve,

I will post some pics in a few days when I get it car cleaned. it started to snow as I was driving it home! Ugh! I'm going to take it out and clean it as soon as the roads dry and I will post pics. This is "supposed to be" the FINAL fix. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays as nice as it is now!

-jeff

HI what did you do about the existing bolt holes in the hood when hood is open you can see bottom of scoop because of the old bolt holes i would say there is nothing you can do except replace hood .mine stays the way it is .i like the way the new scoop fits PARR FORD did a good job

I haven't opened the hood yet to look. Maybe Sue has? Hummm...maybe I can point to the holes and claim it's functional now! :D

Archived