TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hopefully somebody can help me with my 07 sgt

HERES THE SCOPE. WHEN I PURCHASED CSM 2191 FROM THE DEALER I REQUESTED THE GT 500 SPOILER TO BE INSTALLED AS PART OF THE BUYING AGREEMENT. THAT WAS MAY. SEPT I GET A CALL THEY GOT THE SPOILER AND FINISHED PAINTING IT. THE GUY RUNNING BODY SHOP LEFT TO START HIS OWN SHOP NOW THERES NOONE I WOULD TRUST TO INSTALL THIS. BEINGS HOW I WORK AT A BODY SHOP I CHOOSE TO INSTALL THE SPOILER MYSELF. THE STRIPE KIT THEY ORDERED AND GIVE TO ME TO INSTALL WASN'T EVAN CLOSE TO THE CORRECT LENGTH OR WIDTH. KNOW THE DEALER HAS BEEN TRYING TO GET ME THE CORRECT STRIPE WITH NO LUCK. IMAGINE THAT. I TRIED TO EXPLAIN TO THEM THAT THE SPOILER CAME FROM A GT 500 AND THEY MIGHT HAVE TO GO THROUGH SHELBY TO OBTAIN THE CORRECT SIZE. KNOW ITS ALMOST JANUARY AND I HAVE A BLACK SPOILER ON THE CAR (SINCE SEPT) WITHOUT A STRIPE. IF ANYBODY CAN HELP ME TRY TO GET THIS STRIPE TO COMPLETE THIS ADDITION I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. THE DEALER HAS NOW CLUE SO IM LOOKING TO SOMEONE ELSE FOR ANSWERS. IF I COULD DIRECT THEM TO THE RIGHT PLACE TO GET THIS MY CAR WOULD NO LONGER LOOK UNFINISHED.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

I FORGOT TO ADD THAT THE CAR IS BLACK WITH SILVER STRIPE

If need be,I'll take our stripes to the body shop,and have en scanned. Then possibly they can fax you the scan data. (wifey still not sure bout puttin 500 spoiler on car)

On another note,it's not a 3M product. You could try using a 3M product etc,but the color is a tad off,and over course of time,1 might weather better/worse than the other 1.

It's not 3M, but if you call SPP parts they will cut them and send to you. The stripe kit comes in several pieces..so make sure whoever installs them knows what they are doing.

I'm not guessing lol I've already done the upgrade 3m is a perfect match and better quality then what is stock.

I read here many times the 3M is an exact match, but didnt want to "wade in" (or wado in) having no direct personal experience.

We have a very large graphics department at work and I programmed a new HVAC system for them not long ago and got to know the manager there. When I had stripe issues I went to him and he gave me the run down on vinyl. I later found out that my dealer hires their striping out as well and I met the man who does theirs when he laid my spoiler down. Anyone with a plotter can do stripes and our graphics people consider the 3m 7year film to be the cadillac of films. I've had a LOT of cars over the years and vinyl stripes were something I never gave a second thought. My Shelby has some of the worst quality stripes I've ever seen seemingly susceptible to stains and wanting to lift at corners, I don't hold out much hope for the long term viability of the factory stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help . I contacted SPP today and talked with Randi. The info is on the way for me to pick out exactly what stripe i need. If i have any more concerns i will talk with our local graphics company about making some. Thanks everyone for the input.

I got in touch with Randi and got the info sent to me and if i understand it correctly i have to buy the whole kit and its around 500.00 dollars. It baffles me that this can be done in the mod shop and obsivously there not using the whole stripe kit. Im gonna try to use the graphic shop as my last resort. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

I got in touch with Randi and got the info sent to me and if i understand it correctly i have to buy the whole kit and its around 500.00 dollars. It baffles me that this can be done in the mod shop and obsivously there not using the whole stripe kit. Im gonna try to use the graphic shop as my last resort. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

You can get the stripe kit for JUST the GT 500 spoiler...you do not need to buy the whole kit. Call them again.

Good luck,

Sue

You can get the stripe kit for JUST the GT 500 spoiler...you do not need to buy the whole kit. Call them again.

Good luck,

Sue

Here is the email I got when I inquired about this awhile back.

--

My part number for the spoiler stripe is SGT-907 and retails for $50 flat. Currently I'm out of stock but was expecting some yesterday that never showed up. I'm hoping that means they will be here today. Thanks so much!

Keith S. Criswell

Shelby Performance Parts, LLC.

702-405-3501

kcriswell@shelbyperformanceparts.com

Personally it wouldnt bother me wether its $50 or $500. You now have the info and Id take it straight to the dealer. Tell them you want the stripes with in 2 weeks and youll install them. You took on the mod yourself but I would think they should still be responsible for purchasing the parts as "part of the buying agreement".

Best advice I can give you on stripes is keep on the dealer, call them everyday. I had an issue and was beginning to get upset with SAI, as the dealer blamed them, and it was never SAI's fault.

Archived