TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My "Other Mustang"

66DNA

I remember that car. I think I even stopped to look at it once. I remember thinking it was black because it was sitting in the shade under a tree and being surprised that it was dark blue.

We definitely shared some stomping grounds. I grew up on the river in Rogersville and dated a girl in Florence all through my high school years. I also worked in Athens from 91-00 for Harris Welding Supply and BOC Gases. I made sales calls all over the Tennessee river valley and was constantly on the lookout for old Mustangs.

Jayson,

I can't believe we have never met. I lived in Rogersville on county road 77 near the river.

Did you know Marty Cosby?

Besides #3040, my wifes daily driver is this '05 which was one of the first batch of '05 verts to come to our city. Every year, we drive celebrities in the Pro Footbal Hall of Fame parade since we live in Canton,OH.

DSC00191.jpg[/img]

We had a past enshrinee in 2007.

DSC00190.jpg[/img]

I had been on a roll with pro cheerleaders and had one Kansas City cheerleader, then TWO Eagles cheerleaders 2006. It's a fun time in Canton.

Jayson,

I can't believe we have never met. I lived in Rogersville on county road 77 near the river.

Did you know Marty Cosby?

I didn't know a Marty Cosby but Steve Cosby had a boat a few slips up from us at Wheeler. I think his parents lived just North of Rogersville on 207.

Now...go easy on me....

My only other Mustang was the 1974 Mustang II I owned in college...

It served me well...I had it for 8 years.

med_gallery_8757_201_108668.jpg

Groovy man........is that a perm?

Hey everyone!

I posted this Topic before leaving for a four day vacation. Awesome response!!

Love the cars.

Keep em posting!

Todd

Man that 68 looks like a real beauty. You do a ground up on it ?

I cannot take personal credit for the work done on my car. I bought the car from a retired airline pilot on Vancouver Island (Victoria area) who had completed a near-ground up restoration about two years and two thousand miles back.

Through the Greater Vancouver Mustang Association (of which I am a member) I met a great guy who specializes in engine detailing. Well, engine make-overs would be a better way to put it. He worked on the engine bay a little over 40 hours...removed and bead-blasted everything - powder coated the exhaust manifolds...new nuts and bolts, hoses, clamps, etc. etc. He's really knowledable with the correct way of doing things.

Me, I'm just happy as can be.

The interior of the car is nearly as nice as the engine bay now too.

All ready for the summer! (hoping we don't get as much rain in the Vancouver, BC area this summer as we did during the summer of 07. If I'm not mistaken, of the 10 weeks of summer, we had rain on 7 of the weekends! YIKES.

PS: No photos to show for it, but my first car was a 65 Mustang coupe - 3-speed on the floor. I paid $900. for her when I was 15. She sat in my driveway for a year. I would shoot hoops and listen to the car's 8-track dreaming of the day I would turn 16. Had to sell her to pay for college.....

I recently sold my 67 Mustang coupe and my 67 Plymouth Fury 111 Convertible to buy my 68 GT Fastback. Next, I have to sell my little 65 Barracuda so that I can pay off my SGT and then talk the wife into letting me get in line for a supercharger! ;)

B)

OK! Now that we've posted our "former cars" ..... I thought I'd post my "next" Mustang!

:o

12-ford-mustang-giugiaro-concept-1.jpg

16-ford-mustang-giugiaro-concept-1.jpg

17-ford-mustang-giugiaro-concept-1.jpg

B)

Photos of my 67 Coupe that I sold in early 2007 (for my SGT fund)

...sometimes you just wish you didn't sell, but I'd need a barn to hold all of my dreams!

26_1.jpg

80_1.jpg

Photos of my 67 Coupe that I sold in early 2007 (for my SGT fund)

...sometimes you just wish you didn't sell, but I'd need a barn to hold all of my dreams!

26_1.jpg

80_1.jpg

This looks like the '67 from Northcoast Mustangs. If it's the same one, I was high bidder on it at one time and almost picked it upwith the second chance... looked like a real nice car, especially for me who actually likes this color.

This looks like the '67 from Northcoast Mustangs. If it's the same one, I was high bidder on it at one time and almost picked it upwith the second chance... looked like a real nice car, especially for me who actually likes this color.

Yes, this was the car! I was also bidding when I struck a "buy it now" figure.

Good thing you didn't buy this one! trust me.....(I've PM'd you to fill you in on my dealings with Northcoast Mustang).

Enough said.

Not perm enough...i've been slowly losing it... :lol:

Your doing great if you you still have some left.

Archived