TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My "Other Mustang"

66DNA

Thought it would be fun to see what "other Mustang and/or Shelby" we own.

What drove us to drive the new 07 and 08 Shelby.....

Here are a few photos of my 68 Mustang. One of my Christmas presents to myself was having the engine bay detailed this winter.

I'd love to know what other Mustangs and/or Shelby rides everyone has.

Off-topic, but fun nevertheless!

Happy New Year Everyone - hope to see you in two weeks in Vegas!

Todd

19681.jpg

100_3127.jpg

100_3607.jpg

100_3606.jpg

PS: My little 1965 Red Barracuda with Super 225 Slant 6, 65K documented miles. I want to sell this car so that I can get my Supercharger! Will sell for $15,500. to a Forum Member - have it on craigslist for $17,500.

100_3615.jpg

I currently only own 07SGT0701, but I have had a few other horses (wish I still had them all):

My first car ever:

65coupe.jpg

Highschool driver:

67coupe.jpg

Others I have owned through the years:

65fb.jpg

65350.jpg

66k.jpg

66fb.jpg

69mach.jpg

I'll post the rest of them in my next post.

The rest of them:

(One of my favorites (68 GT-500 #0996)

68GT500.jpg

91vert.jpg

92vert.jpg

97saleen6.jpg

roush1.jpg

PB260002.jpg

Sadly no pics but I've owned a few mustangs the highlights would be

98 Cobra Vortech, Eibach, SVT Side pipes, R code Wheels etc...

69 428 drag pack Mach 1 Ram Air, front & rear spoilers, ford off road cam, first car motor I ever did I was 16

65 289 HiPo convertible 7k rally pack largely stock

Now...go easy on me....

My only other Mustang was the 1974 Mustang II I owned in college...

It served me well...I had it for 8 years.

med_gallery_8757_201_108668.jpg

My wife's 06 Gt. Had it almost 2 years and she's got a whopping 7,000 miles on it.

100_0786.jpg

03 Mach i sold when i ordered my SGT.

mach-carcruise.jpg

Just for good measure a pic of my SGT, just in case you guys forgot what they look like. :P

100_1158.jpg

All 3 good looking cars. I really like the black SGT with the chrome wheels as apposed to the black wheels. Really nice.

Jim

Here's my old 96 GT and new 08 (along with my son's mustang).

DSC01916.jpg

The 96 GT was the first mustang I owned, but the one that started it all for me was my dad's 1965 smoke gray Fastback Mustang GT. First ride of my life was in this car. He sold it to his brother when I was less than a year old and my uncle used to take me for rides in it when he was in college.

A photoshop of what his looked like

dadsGT.jpg

I gave this to my daughter for her 16th b-day, It is still fun to drive, except for the non power brakes

Very nice :) My first decent car was a 67 coupe 289 3sp not the greatest combo but the glass packs more then made up for any other issues the car might have had lol at 16 the sound effects were a pretty high priority :D

1st mustang, first car I ever drove was 7th grade Dads 66 mustang coupe (car was dk green and cool w/american mags) Had a few fords, most recently, 66 galaxie 500xl (green) and a 60 Custom cab short bed truck (red/wht) both were fun. Even had a 74 ltd that really was mint and owned by nuns for real since new, 2 door.

Forgot, you guys have some SERIOUSLY cool cars!

The black 65 fastback looks very familiar. IT looks to have a Limestone county tag on it. Did you buy it out of Athens, maybe about 10 years ago?

Hi Jayson,

The fastback is actually a 66 A code automatic, night mist blue with a blue and white pony interior. I did buy it in Athens in 1999. I sold it to a guy in Florida in 2000.

Almost all those cars are from North Alabama or Middle Tennessee. I grew up in Florence and lived in Huntsville and Nashville during the time I was collecting old Stangs.

All 3 good looking cars. I really like the black SGT with the chrome wheels as apposed to the black wheels. Really nice.

Jim

Thanks Pastor. They aren't chrome though. They are the factory polished aluminum. Part of the deal was for the dealer to swap them out, since i am not wild about black wheels. These will do until i put aftermarket 9" dish on all fours.

Hi Jayson,

The fastback is actually a 66 A code automatic, night mist blue with a blue and white pony interior. I did buy it in Athens in 1999. I sold it to a guy in Florida in 2000.

Almost all those cars are from North Alabama or Middle Tennessee. I grew up in Florence and lived in Huntsville and Nashville during the time I was collecting old Stangs.

I remember that car. I think I even stopped to look at it once. I remember thinking it was black because it was sitting in the shade under a tree and being surprised that it was dark blue.

We definitely shared some stomping grounds. I grew up on the river in Rogersville and dated a girl in Florence all through my high school years. I also worked in Athens from 91-00 for Harris Welding Supply and BOC Gases. I made sales calls all over the Tennessee river valley and was constantly on the lookout for old Mustangs.

this is my favorite of all time (so far). i sold it to buy the place my wife and i now live. i had always wanted a BOSS 429 since i was 10 years old.

michael morris

IM000026.jpg

Nice car. I would like to have a 70 Boss 302, since i am a little more partial to high revving small blocks, but they are getting to be more than i want to spend.

Here's my DD: 2000 V6'er with a ton of mod's. I've had this car since new, and just turned over 100,000 miles. Believe it or not, this car almost handles as well as my SGT.

28636.jpg

Gone but not forgotten: 1992 5.0 LX Sports Coupe. My youngest son bought it from me to make room for the SGT, it only has 90,000 miles on the clock.

40246.jpg

Beautiful 68 Todd. MM It had to hurt to let that BOSS9 go (beautiful car) My first Mustang was a 67' coupe that I built myself when I was in high school (I have to figure out how to take the old pic's and put them on the computor :huh: )

Wife's 66' I bought her for Christmas 92' restored by 95' P1010038.jpg

My 73' 17,000 mile original convertible (special order car by Dealer in MI. sold new in 05' B73.jpg

Eleanor and my son & girlfriend for Homecoming. Survivor, driver quality, rust free AZ. car th100_1165.jpgMy 70

http://http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/..._Lynn1/70-2.jpg' alt='a>'>

Cars I wish I still had, 73' Q code bought from Rick Schmidt NPD museum. FL. car Every option incl. pw seat.th100_0670.jpgp><p>73

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w251/Ke.../th100_1436.jpg' alt='a>'>

Also had many others I wish I still had, 69' GT conv. Rotisserie restored, M code, Fact. air, P.S. P.D.B.

73' Blue Glow, Q code, 4 spd, white deluxe int. Rustfree, beautiful car

01' gray GT 5 spd. w/Bullit wheels

65' coupe, rust free restored, 351 windsor, 4 spd.

77' White Mustang II Cobra, 302, 4 spd. neat car (after high school)

And quite a few more Mustangs and others, I'll have to dig out the photo album. I bought my 1st car, A 56' Ford Victoria 4 dr. htp. when I was 9 years old (not kidding), Kinda been hooked ever since :D

Happy New Year everyone and be safe!!!!!!!!! Brance

Archived