TEAM SHELBY FORUM

engine removal

fatboy_merged

ok someone told me that the mustang's engine has to be removed through the bottom of the car instead of conventionally through the top. is it true? just curious.

The Ford Tech sheet 303-01B-1 states that it comes out from the top. Hope this helps.

ok someone told me that the mustang's engine has to be removed through the bottom of the car instead of conventionally through the top. is it true? just curious.

Horsepower TV did a Mustang GT stroker motor build up and took the motor/trans out of the bottom of the car while it was on the lift.

It looked EASY....of course, all build shows on TV look easy! :blink:

When I was at the Livonia, MI, Roush facility a few years ago all the engines that were being modded came out from underneath. I think they remove them this way just for ease, better to scratch the underside versus the top of the car.

Now be glad they don't remove the Mustang engine like the F-150 engine. I saw one at the local dealer before with the cab/front end removed to replace to the engine.

thanks for the info... my uncle told me that they made them to where u can only remove them from underneith so you couldnt pull them out yourself, that you would have to take it to Ford to get it fixed (using the car lifts).

later on i was thinkin that it wouldnt make any sense because i could take it to ANY shop that has a car lift.

i think he was jealous...he's a huge chevy guy...so...yeah... :rolleyes:

i'll burst his bubble next time i see him :lol:

Archived