TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Horn button and Trunk lock button, PLEASE!

philip 87

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/SQLC...arge/100448.jpg

Hi Guys and Gals. I am ordering these hubcaps for my GT-H #87 and thought how nice this would look on the horn button and trunk lock trim.

Hoping Amy can make these happen :rolleyes: for us.

Philip

hey guys...I'm just a jealous SGT owner that rented my far share of these, and wishes I could have bought a GT-H, but I'm not really liking these. The Gold lettering, while matching the tape stripes, doesn't match the painted wheel. <_<

As for the other stuff, I think it's more powerful to leave it all as it was. I thought it looked nice and would have rather had the pony ribbon on the back of my car than the BUTT UGLY "GT" one. The rear deck of the car already says "SHELBY" do you really need it on the cap too 12" lower?

I don't know...in the end their cars owned by individuals and we all have an opinion so I guess as long as you're happy that's all that matters!

Ditto - with only 500 or so cars out there, being an individual really means something with a GT-H. Shelby made those add-ons figuring there would be some sort of market for the pieces.

I'm with Matt though, I'm not a big fan of having logos plastered all over my car. I know what it is and so does everyone else, no need to have multiple identifiers broadcasting the same thing.

Hey Matt,

Glad I am not the only one who thinks the painted wheel does not match the GT-H. I like the Bullitt look, but I get annoyed when I look at the car and see wheels that absolutely are nowhere close to matching. I'm picking up a set of the 18" polished Bullitts (looking for a takeoff set if anyone knows of one!) as soon as possible as I think the polished will tie back to the other chrome bits on the car without introducing another color. The 18" Bullitt should preserve the original look and I think these GT-H centers will finish out the package.

But that's just me.

When I was at SEMA Amy Boylan told me that "Carroll modified every car he ever owned. It's yours, make it what you want." If you think about it, the entire existence of Shelby is based on modifying cars from their original state, why not continue the trend?

That whole discussion made it easier for me to plan out the few subtle mods that I have coming this spring.

Hey Matt,

Glad I am not the only one who thinks the painted wheel does not match the GT-H. I like the Bullitt look, but I get annoyed when I look at the car and see wheels that absolutely are nowhere close to matching. I'm picking up a set of the 18" polished Bullitts (looking for a takeoff set if anyone knows of one!) as soon as possible as I think the polished will tie back to the other chrome bits on the car without introducing another color. The 18" Bullitt should preserve the original look and I think these GT-H centers will finish out the package.

But that's just me.

When I was at SEMA Amy Boylan told me that "Carroll modified every car he ever owned. It's yours, make it what you want." If you think about it, the entire existence of Shelby is based on modifying cars from their original state, why not continue the trend?

That whole discussion made it easier for me to plan out the few subtle mods that I have coming this spring.

+1000

Yeah you're right. What the heck, do with it what you want, life is too short and I can't own all 500 and keep them the way I want, so who am I to say! ;)

I think the chrome or polished would look better. Of course you could always have your wheels coated with shiny gold! Whoa baby! :blink:

Archived