TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roll Bar

mffarrell

Kinda hijacking this thread...

I hope to see you on the road. I live in Suisun and drive my Black SGT to work in Martinez quite a bit!

I will be on the lookout for you! Are to going to Carroll's BD bash? I am driving to LV two weeks from this Friday.

I am looking to install this entire setup when it's released. I think this roll bar is a 2 point but the 4 is really what I am looking for also. I'll bet they have their trailer set up at the Speedway on Saturday. You can bet I will be asking.

http://02057a8.netsolhost.com/gallery/gall...elby/index.html

See you in Vegas. :)

Roger

I am looking to install this entire setup when it's released. I think this roll bar is a 2 point but the 4 is really what I am looking for also. I'll bet they have their trailer set up at the Speedway on Saturday. You can bet I will be asking.

http://02057a8.netsolhost.com/gallery/gall...elby/index.html

See you in Vegas. :)

Roger

Roger,

That is so cool! I would like to get the rear seat delete, just like my 66 GT350.

Roger,

That is so cool! I would like to get the rear seat delete, just like my 66 GT350.

Exactly what I was thinking when I had first saw this product. Seeing as how they are located in Vegas and working with SAI I will bet we see one at the track. I wonder if I could buy one and install it while I'm there ;) Will this ever end :)

Exactly what I was thinking when I had first saw this product. Seeing as how they are located in Vegas and working with SAI I will bet we see one at the track. I wonder if I could buy one and install it while I'm there ;) Will this ever end :)

Man, by the time you are finished with your mods, you may have a $100K invested in your ride. I say go for it!

I won't be far behind you...

B)

Man, by the time you are finished with your mods, you may have a $100K invested in your ride. I say go for it!

I won't be far behind you...

B)

Does that mean you will be going for the S/C at the Mod Shop? Say yes . . . you know you want it. :lol: Jim

Does that mean you will be going for the S/C at the Mod Shop? Say yes . . . you know you want it. :lol: Jim

Jim,

I am still not sure. I would like to track my car first, to see how it performs before I do a S/C. A S/C is great on the drag strip, but I am not sure about the track. I have a S/C on my 66 GT-350, and sometimes it hesitates when I get on it coming out of a tight turn.

Maybe you will let drive yours before I decide? j/k

Jim,

I am still not sure. I would like to track my car first, to see how it performs before I do a S/C. A S/C is great on the drag strip, but I am not sure about the track. I have a S/C on my 66 GT-350, and sometimes it hesitates when I get on it coming out of a tight turn.

Seeing as how mine is going into the Mod Shop the same day yours is, that won't work but it sounds like Roger can fix you up with a little boost during the weekend. You gotta do it. ;) Jim

Seeing as how mine is going into the Mod Shop the same day yours is, that won't work but it sounds like Roger can fix you up with a little boost during the weekend. You gotta do it. ;) Jim

Jim,

Where are you going to have your "tuned" and dynoed, once SAI installs your S/C?

Jim,

Where are you going to have your "tuned" and dynoed, once SAI installs your S/C?

I have two places. One is where Clink takes his car (can't remember the name of the place as I write this). The other is a facility where they restore and modify cars -- high end stuff. I know the paint guy there and he offered to have their guys take a look at it. Further, I would like to hear from others in terms of whether they fool around with the SAI tune at all. Much to learn before I get the car back. Jim

I have two places. One is where Clink takes his car (can't remember the name of the place as I write this). The other is a facility where they restore and modify cars -- high end stuff. I know the paint guy there and he offered to have their guys take a look at it. Further, I would like to hear from others in terms of whether they fool around with the SAI tune at all. Much to learn before I get the car back. Jim

From what I was able to glean from all the S/C posts, just about everybody tuned thier engines and gained anywhere from 50 - 100HP.

Jim,

I think with all the GT/SC cars in Vegas, it's a must you go for a ride in one. Second and third gear is quite the rush. The car just keeps pulling. I don't think you'll find a lot of hesitation. I think once somebody gives you a ride, there will be no question that you'll want the SC. This way you can blame the person that gave you the ride, when explaining why you ordered the SC to your wife. We haven't regretted it.

Good luck, see you in Vegas,

Dave

I think with all the GT/SC cars in Vegas, it's a must you go for a ride in one. Second and third gear is quite the rush. The car just keeps pulling. I don't think you'll find a lot of hesitation. I think once somebody gives you a ride, there will be no question that you'll want the SC. This way you can blame the person that gave you the ride, when explaining why you ordered the SC to your wife. We haven't regretted it.

Good luck, see you in Vegas,

Dave

ughhhh this is my fear.....when i come back ....Ralph just won't seem the same ! :o

Archived