TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member, Just purchased Torch Red Coupe

GT500Ron

I live in Western Washington State that requires front plates be displayed without tabs. Are owners getting away with not displaying their front plates in Washington and other states with this requirement. I just can't bring myself to install it but I don't want to pay fines either.

I'm new to the site and Shelby or Ford. I jumped ship from the Mopar world. Well, I still have my 1968 Dodge Charger RT and a 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser. I just don't think the new Mopar SRT 8 Chargers or Magnums even come close in performance or styling to the Shelby GT 500. I even posted my decision on dodgecharger.com and got a lot of support and a few "get the hell off this site" responses.

I'm new and looking for any information or suggestions that might help me to enjoy my wheel hoping, tire smoking, kick ass Shelby GT500 even more.

Are owners getting away with not displaying their front plates in Washington and other states with this requirement. I just can't bring myself to install it but I don't want to pay fines either.

Welcome to the site. Nice Car. This ebay ad has expired but the same item may be listed again

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?s=&...indpost&p=31097

I can't speak for your state, I'm in NY and we also require front plates, in the past 30 years of driving cars like this I have NEVER installed the front plate and NEVER will. Knock on wood, never got a ticket, was told by one officer that stopped me specifically for this, "at least carry the other one in the car", which I now do. I'm sure it all depends on the State and the officer at that very moment.

I can't speak for your state, I'm in NY and we also require front plates, in the past 30 years of driving cars like this I have NEVER installed the front plate and NEVER will. Knock on wood, never got a ticket, was told by one officer that stopped me specifically for this, "at least carry the other one in the car", which I now do. I'm sure it all depends on the State and the officer at that very moment.

+1 Same here, carry the front plate in the car. Have yet to be stopped for it :P

I live in Ontario Canada. We must have front plates as well. My son is a police officer but not in my home town. I coach minor hockey and the father of one of our players is a senior O.P.P. officer in my area. They both told me the same thing. "If you are an idoit and they stop you and decide to throw the book at you it is a $110.00 fine." But if they are "throwing the book at you" the $110.00 fine is the least of your worries. They both also said you may find one of their colleques who will give you the fine because he/she can.

My GT500 is now in storage for the winter. I did not put the plates on this past summer nor did I get a fine. I will not put on the front plates until I am forced to do so.

So I guess I am taking a change and so be it.

I live in Western Washington State that requires front plates be displayed without tabs. Are owners getting away with not displaying their front plates in Washington and other states with this requirement. I just can't bring myself to install it but I don't want to pay fines either.

I'm new to the site and Shelby or Ford.

I'm new and looking for any information or suggestions that might help me to enjoy my wheel hoping, tire smoking, kick ass Shelby GT500 even more.

From TX- It's reqired here also. Had my car since Aug 07 - 2500 miles - no front plate.

Never will. Ticket or not. No problems, when I drive I dont even think of it, but I do keep it in car.

Careful guys and gals putting ANYTHING on your front or rear dash areas....they become deadly projectiles in an accident......

The "head"line would read, "this devoted Shelby fan opted to keep the front end clean looking and didnt install their license plate on the front of the car. Unfortunately, they were decapitated during a traffic accident."

Archived