TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lucky southerners

ShelbyGT/SC

Ohhhh Adam...I feel your pain. I remember those days when I lived near Chicago ! :o

Hope this helps remind you that there is sun out there !!

101.jpg

Sorry...couldn't resist !!

OH YOU ARE A WITCH!! i am a southerner but i dont have it that good!!

yea it was almost 70 degrees here yesterday but thats even rare for arkansas. but i just woke up and its 23 degrees now

:huh: :blink: :blink: :blink:

at least up north its consistently cold...in arkansas the weather just teases us. all nice one day and the next its old man winter crawlin up your shorts.

and at least yall got something to keep your car under or in...mine has to stay outside to bare the extreme temp changes. i'm goin to have to wax it again. hope it turns nice again today.

Great pic Sue. I am so jealous. But then a few months ago I can remember someone who was willing to ship her car up north to protect it from the hurricane. Rub back atcha LOL.

blah blah blah :P

Does that gold thing on your car pick up satellite signals?? :lol::lol::lol:

Okay, more on the story of you lucky southerners.

Other than the work behind the scenes over the last month or so in getting things ready for the birthday bash, I officially began getting ready for the bash yesterday.

I started pulling out my trailer so I could bring my car to a car wash to prep it for the event. From post #1 above, you saw the trailer was in about 14+ inches of snow. I figured it would be simple pulling that trailer out even with the snow because of the 4-wheel drive and the weight of the truck. Boy was I in for a surprise. It took me over an hour to pull it out. I had to use my snow blower to help. And then I still dug up my yard.

Well, at least I got it out and got the car washed. There is an indoor self wash place I found nearby. As I was pulling the car out of the trailer, a guy came over to chat for a little while. Naturally I couldn't just say hello, no not me, I had to tell him the whole story about the SGT and my Tasca Shelby. But it didn't seem to bother him, he seemed to be very interested especially since he was a Corvette guy.

Well, for those of you down south, while you're out enjoying the cool breeze tonight or the nice sunny day tomorrow, think of these pics and what we have to go through up north.

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

Living not far from you I know what you mean. At least most of it washed away because of the rain. Otherwise, it might of been much worse. Glad you got her out and washed up.

By the way, does Tasca install Superchargers for Shelby????

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I had well over 14 inches out there. When it rained the other day, it got rid of a bunch of it, but it made it more icy and slippery.

Yes, Tasca installs S/C's for Shelby, however, I think it is only for the GT500's (for mods to Supersnake, 40th anniv) or the CS6/CS8. Last I heard back in September, I don't think they are doing any Shelby mods like that for the SGT's under the Shelby Mod Shop agreement.

I'd say that's a good question for Amy, Bud, John or Crispy. There is a pinned post up at the top of this foum for John Walker. Try asking that up there. There is also a location on the Team Shelby (stangsunleashed) site for questions for Amy Boylan - found here:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...p?showforum=114

Here is the press release:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...showtopic=10743

Guest Pixelsmack

I am originally from Michigan and I tell ya....I haven't been back in 11 years and don't miss it a bit.

It's Dec 30th and 67 degress with sunny skies here in SOCAL. I love it. ;)

3.jpg

Okay, more on the story of you lucky southerners.

Other than the work behind the scenes over the last month or so in getting things ready for the birthday bash, I officially began getting ready for the bash yesterday.

I started pulling out my trailer so I could bring my car to a car wash to prep it for the event. From post #1 above, you saw the trailer was in about 14+ inches of snow. I figured it would be simple pulling that trailer out even with the snow because of the 4-wheel drive and the weight of the truck. Boy was I in for a surprise. It took me over an hour to pull it out. I had to use my snow blower to help. And then I still dug up my yard.

Well, at least I got it out and got the car washed. There is an indoor self wash place I found nearby. As I was pulling the car out of the trailer, a guy came over to chat for a little while. Naturally I couldn't just say hello, no not me, I had to tell him the whole story about the SGT and my Tasca Shelby. But it didn't seem to bother him, he seemed to be very interested especially since he was a Corvette guy.

Well, for those of you down south, while you're out enjoying the cool breeze tonight or the nice sunny day tomorrow, think of these pics and what we have to go through up north.

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....you knocked over Frosty in that 4th pic.

shame on u :angry: :P

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....you knocked over Frosty in that 4th pic.

shame on u :angry: :P

LOLActually last week's rain destroyed most of Frosty. My other son who plays football finished him off with a nice tackle. Only thing was since it rained the snow was icy so he hurt his shoulder. LOL

Sue, You & Ralph look so happy :) down there in balmy Florida. On the other hand up here in WI. here's a picture of White Lightnin when he got delivered. I got to drive him all the way across my parking lot, very carefully load him on my flatbed and take him 2 miles to my home to put him away :( I did spend that first night sitting in him for about an hour getting the seat of the pants feeling :lol: And for all you that live where you can drive your cars, well it must be nice :P Anyway, enough of my babaling, Everyone have a Happy New Year and a GR8 time at the birthday bash, Wish I could have gone and met you all but I'm sure they'll be other events (just not as significant as The Man's! Please wish him a Happy Birthday from me)

Thanks to all and again have a Happy and Safe New Year! Brance

P1010029_0001.jpg

We are pretty lucky to be in a climate where we can drive each day ! :lol:

But on the other hand..just think of how many more miles us southern people are going to have on our cars :blink: :o

Could be a bad thing..or maybe a good thing :lol:

Either way...your car looks awesome....enjoy it !!!

Sue

Adam, I am probably misunderstaning you but Tasca is not installing S/C for the SGT's?????

As for the snow, I am irrittated as well but for different reason. We had all this wonderful snow last month and now that I am ready to go snowmobiling all we are getting is rain and mix. We have lost alot of it up heer in Southern Maine. I had plans to go to Millinocket Maine this weekend....north about 3 hours of Portland...but cancelled because they got rain in that storm last week too and they lost alot of snow. I postponed until this weekend coming. My 2 sons and I are dying to go so I hope they get all snow this week.

I have a lot of respect for this Aodwyer guy. He stores his GT/SC in a really nice, enclosed trailer. He hooks up to the trailer with is his Ford truck (what else?), blows and shovels snow and finally after an hour of work gets the outfit extracted and hauls it to a car wash. He unloads the Mustang, washes it, and reloads it (I assume) and returns home. And to think some of my family and friends call me persnickety about my stuff! A less fastidious guy might have waited until the car was in Nevada before washing it up. I bet it was not too dirty to begin with. Way above and beyond the call in my opinion. I bet he washed the dirt off that trailer too.

I have a lot of respect for this Aodwyer guy. He stores his GT/SC in a really nice, enclosed trailer. He hooks up to the trailer with is his Ford truck (what else?), blows and shovels snow and finally after an hour of work gets the outfit extracted and hauls it to a car wash. He unloads the Mustang, washes it, and reloads it (I assume) and returns home. And to think some of my family and friends call me persnickety about my stuff! A less fastidious guy might have waited until the car was in Nevada before washing it up. I bet it was not too dirty to begin with. Way above and beyond the call in my opinion. I bet he washed the dirt off that trailer too.
Thanks. There is more to my madness but that surprise will be shown at the Bday Bash. LOL

Archived