TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I got my autographed visor this week.

ShelbyGT#3658

Visor removal...what's involved.....Do's and Don't etc? Is it spring loaded?

Thx,

Rich

Oh,and if Sue gets hers signed,should it be signed with the name Sue,or god forbid,Ralph??

Keep in mind folks, this is coming from a grown man that plays Battlefield with a nic of Big Balls !

About 3 weeks ago, I sent my passenger side visor in to be signed by Mr. Shelby. I got it back this week. It's awesome!!!!!!!! :D It came with a letter of authenticity and a Christmas card. If you guys haven't done this yet I highly recommend it.

Did you donate money to get this autographed?

Just picked up mine yesterday at Sunrise Ford in North Hollywood... in addition to the passenger side visor already bieng signed by Carroll Shelby (Limited California Edition in Grabber Orange), also ran into Mickey Rouke who had just test drove the car... In addtion to Mick letting me have 1st dibbs on this car... he also signed the driver side visor. We BS'd for about 2 hours talking everything from where he grew up... how he got into acting... his pro boxing career... he even invited me over to his house for fight night to watch the up coming Felix Trinad and Roy Jones Jr. boxing match... and meet his running crew. Talk about a totally class act... "The Mic" was down to earth, old school type of guy. I'm getting this gut feeling that some day soon, he's going to land lead role in some "John Blaze" type flick... BTF up in Hollywood and will be geting his trophy stack on at the Academy and Oscars.

Mickey was awsome... passing on the opportunity to buy the car so that I could have it... again, he is a TOTAL CLASS ACT!!!

Right out of the gate, and given it's low serial, this Shelby now has one of the greatest "Stories/Histories" behind it out of all of the 219 Grabber Orange Limited California Edition which are the only ones Carrol Shelby officially signed (Serial #1 Excluded).

p.s. Car will not be for sale until I'm 75 (30 years from now)... and maybe, just maybe, not even then.

Hey welcome to the site! Saw your car on ebay for quite a while.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...emZ160167334697

Roger that, Thanx...

I saw where it was listed on ebay way back in October on one of the Mustang forums...

On the thread, some were saying they wanted $8K - $12K over MSRP for it, couldn't believe they hadn't sold it.

Good thing I had already been pre-approved with Navy Federal and I'm glad I bought late in the year as things are moving slow at all dealerships (XMAS) and selling SGT-C(s) below MSRP... this one included.

I think I called 20 different dealerships in So Cali and the next lowest serial 0022 is also at Sunrise Ford.

If anyone's interested in a SGT-C... ask for a gentleman by the name of Mr. Strasser in their

Internet Department and tell Jim sent you... they are flexible on thier SGT-C(s)... "they have 5 more".

Anyone looking to get one of these... most sales persons do not understand the true/potential value of the Shelby GT-C(s). The majority of them that I spoke with on the phone didn't even know that Mr. Shelby had signed the passenger visors on them or what a CSM number was for that matter.

Being that it's the end of the year, it's a good time to strike while the iron is hot and save money $$$!!!.

If one plays his cards right... using a reasonably priced (MSRP) GT 500 that are availble on the internet to parry down the price of a Shelby GT-C in addition to the prices for a new 2007 Shelb GT(s)... one should come up somewhere in the $38K-$40K price range for a 2008. (Below MSRP)

Mossy Ford had a new 2008 GT 500 (Alloy) for $47K with no mark up (End-of-the-Year clearance) and the salemen could not fathom why I still wanted a "Shelby GT" out of SAI vice a "SVT Cobra" from Ford.

...I had already been pre-approved with Navy Federal and I'm glad I bought late in the year

I'm a member too. I went through Ford Credit though as they were having 3.9% on the 2008 SGTs back in November. If you are in the military, I hope your Ford dealer remembered to give you the military discount too ($500 typically).

I'm a member too. I went through Ford Credit though as they were having 3.9% on the 2008 SGTs back in November. If you are in the military, I hope your Ford dealer remembered to give you the military discount too ($500 typically).

I'm retired Navy... I asked about any discounts including student ($500) and they stated that was only for GT Mustangs.

Nevertheless... I'm still happy to get the car for under MSRP considering Citrus Ford wants $25000 over MSRP ($67K plus) for #0010.

Congratulations on getting #0001 Vista Blue... Well Done!!!

R/ J

• 2 weeks later...

Guys

I removed the passenger side visor for this. The air bag issue on the dash stopped me from going forward. Was very easy even for me. Good luck. Also coated it with a matte finish to protect it. It is much clearer in person than you see on here. My phone camera is not too good. Whe whole process took about three weeks. Good luck. Steve

Archived