TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which is better? SGT or SGT/SC?

AFBLUE

Let's see if we can get someone banned in this thread. :D

Obviously I'm joking.

Just making light of all the urinary olympics going on at stangsunleashed that pop up between SGT and GT500 owners and among the cobra roadster owners, SAAC vs Shelby (on multiple sites), and arguments in the WRX vs Shelby GT thread in the Shelby GT section on themustangsource.com.

I'm gonna miss this little friendly site.

Just making light of all the urinary olympics going on at stangsunleashed that pop up between SGT and GT500 owners and among the cobra roadster owners, SAAC vs Shelby (on multiple sites), and arguments in the WRX vs Shelby GT thread in the Shelby GT section on themustangsource.com.

"Urinary olympics?"

Ha! I like it!

Jer

Everyone knows the GT/CS is more of a "real" Shelby!

Right? :unsure:

What you fail to acknowledge my good friend is that it's not the forums, or where they're located, or how they are managed, but the members that contribute. In this case some of our best, most passionate, and knowledgeable SGT enthusiasts, make only a passing appearance on the Team Shelby forums. I for one am confident that once more of them move over, by choice or by merger, things will change for the better. Every so often there is the occasional malcontent that like to drop flame bombs and watch the show or stir up the pot, but there is strength in numbers and you have two moderators over there that are old hands over here. I still spend more time here but it's because of all of you not because of the few crazies over there. ;)

Right? :unsure:

What you fail to acknowledge my good friend is that it's not the forums, or where they're located, or how they are managed, but the members that contribute. In this case some of our best, most passionate, and knowledgeable SGT enthusiasts, make only a passing appearance on the Team Shelby forums. I for one am confident that once more of them move over, by choice or by merger, things will change for the better. Every so often there is the occasional malcontent that like to drop flame bombs and watch the show or stir up the pot, but there is strength in numbers and you have two moderators over there that are old hands over here. I still spend more time here but it's because of all of you not because of the few crazies over there. ;)

Its a dead zone over there. The only traffic there will be the same people when we move.

+1...Well said and my feelings exactly.

I'm a moderator on a gaming forum so i've seen it all, however.....

This car business is a hobby of mine....one where i turn to in order to get away from everyday BS. What i don't want to see or hear about, especially since we're all supposed to be on the same team, is a comparison to which one is better...blah, blah, blah. The bottom line is this: I wouldn't trade my car for anyone elses on the board. This car is suited for me and will undergo changes that reflect what i like. Hey, i may even offer up for an even trade my shaker 500 stereo head. I noticed the ones in the SGT's are plain black. Unlike mine, which has a small chrome ring around a few of the knobs. It just doesn't match the rest of my interior. My air vent rings have the brushed aluminum finish whereas the air vent rings on the SGT's have the chrome finish. I think the shaker 500 with the chrome rings around the buttons would look much better in the SGT vs the GT-500.

Anyone else notice that difference?

A Shelby GT/SC is nothing more than an option, just like manual trans/auto, Shaker500/Shaker1000, heated seats, etc. The heated seats is the option you couldn't get when we ordered ours. The real difference is the cost, they are all REAL Shelby's. (Have you hugged your Shelby today?) :P

...I for one am confident that once more of them move over, by choice or by merger, things will change for the better...

There seems to be a constant tension just below the surface, which occasionally bubbles up and explodes whenever someone feels their car's pedigree is being slighted (be it GT 500, Cobra roadster, SGT, etc).

I hope you are right.

If its an option put on by someone other then Shelby is it still even a Shelby?

I had a Paxton S/C put on my SGT right after I bought it and I'm not sorry I did,I'm 66 years old. Were do you think I'm going to be 20 to 40 years from now? I do I'll be taking a dirt nap. I love my SGT and drive it every change I get. It the most enjoyable car I've ever owned. So I don't care who think it's a real Shelby or not, To me it's a S/C Shelby. Carl

I cant agree with you gyus more. Thats why I am still heer and not going to the new site hardly at all. And MM you are hung like the King of the feild mice ;)

Reminds me of one of those Chuck Norris facts. Chuck Norris isn't hung like a horse. Horses are hung like Chuck Norris. :D

Reminds me of one of those Chuck Norris facts. Chuck Norris isn't hung like a horse. Horses are hung like Chuck Norris. :D

Can't say I've heard much about Chuck Norris, 'cept maybe for his round-house kick. Can horses do that?

Anyway...My favorite has always been "Water's cold" followed by "And, it's deep too..."

Carry on, gents.

I'm not too excited about switching forums, it seems like every time I go there I read the "mine is better, yours sucks" crap. Here, there seem to be only SGT owners talking about OUR cars (well, except for the infamous SaleenKing). There, it seems like a free-for-all with alot of thread crossover that takes away from what I went there for in the first place. I'm not looking forward to this forum's demise.

I'm not too excited about switching forums, it seems like every time I go there I read the "mine is better, yours sucks" crap. Here, there seem to be only SGT owners talking about OUR cars (well, except for the infamous SaleenKing). There, it seems like a free-for-all with alot of thread crossover that takes away from what I went there for in the first place. I'm not looking forward to this forum's demise.

Well, you can include me (GT-500 owner) as another non SGT owner posting here.

I just ventured over to the other forum to take a peek and see what's going on.

Well, you can include me (GT-500 owner) as another non SGT owner posting here.

I just ventured over to the other forum to take a peek and see what's going on.

Personally I like the cross flow of information, judging from what I've seen on the GT-500 forum they seem to have some problems unique to those cars but the info and the fixes very often go both ways. There is a lot of good info on the 500 forums.

That is NOT a radio from an SGT. The SGT comes with a Shaker 500 (standard) WITH, for 08', the chrome edged knobs.

Matt, check your PM's

That pic was from an eBay ad and i noticed the same radio (with black knobs) from a SGT on the showroom floor at my local dealer that i looked at yesterday. Pretty coincidental that both have black knobs.

Edit to say....we're both probably correct. I bet i was looking at 07's instead of '08's. Perhaps they changed over to chrome trim for the '08 model year??

Matt, check your PM's

That pic was from an eBay ad and i noticed the same radio (with black knobs) from a SGT on the showroom floor at my local dealer that i looked at yesterday. Pretty coincidental that both have black knobs.

Edit to say....we're both probably correct. I bet i was looking at 07's instead of '08's. Perhaps they changed over to chrome trim for the '08 model year??

You are correct! The 08's have the silver trim. I'm with you...I can do without it, but then again I have Nav so I can stop asking for directions <_<

Don't use the "view new post" link. Simply look through the 3 or 4 sections in the Shelby GT forum. Their off topic forum can be pretty entertaining at times. It is going to happen soon. One of their staff said the merger will happen sometime between Christmas and the Birthday Bash. So get ready.

Archived