TEAM SHELBY FORUM

S H E L B Y Dyno-Day!

Carl Bishop

I tried to post this in the general forums but I wasn’t allowed for whatever reason? <_<

I’d like to throw out an idea for a Shelby get together here in NC, this is would be open to anyone willing to make their way here. My son works for a local Mustang/Ford speed shop in the Raleigh area. I would like to plan a S H E L B Y dyno-day at his shop. This would be open to any or all, classic or new Shelby’s. The more the merrier! I’m shooting for third weekend in February (2/16) to take advantage of the cool weather. I know he’ll work with us on a great price for either 2 or 3 pulls depending on the number of cars that signed up for the day.

If you are interested, please post up here or send me an email at my92notch@yahoo.com. I’d like to have a minimum of 10 cars committed before putting a stake in the ground.

Carl

I tried to post this in the general forums but I wasn’t allowed for whatever reason? <_<

I’d like to throw out an idea for a Shelby get together here in NC, this is would be open to anyone willing to make their way here. My son works for a local Mustang/Ford speed shop in the Raleigh area. I would like to plan a S H E L B Y dyno-day at his shop. This would be open to any or all, classic or new Shelby’s. The more the merrier! I’m shooting for third weekend in February (2/16) to take advantage of the cool weather. I know he’ll work with us on a great price for either 2 or 3 pulls depending on the number of cars that signed up for the day.

If you are interested, please post up here or send me an email at my92notch@yahoo.com. I’d like to have a minimum of 10 cars committed before putting a stake in the ground.

Carl

You may want to post this here as well:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showforum=94

I'd really like to see the results from this event. It would be interesting to see the differences between the stock N/A SGTs and the the SGT S/C's, and the differences between the Paxton/Whipple.

I wish that I could participate - my, yet to be named, SGT is in hibernation until spring.

Have Fun!!

Providing I have the car by then (should in January), I'm interested. I'll see if I can talk AFBLUE into going.

We can wait until your car arrives!

I spoke to the owner of the shop this afternoon, he's psyched about hosting an event like this. Come on guys' let get this going! I'm going to tap the local guy's I know around here also.

I was just over today talking Brent Hughes at Dynotuned Performance.

http://www.dtpracing.com/

I will probably take my car over to Dynotune and get a baseline run and then let him custom tune my car with the SCT XCal 3. I'm gonna shop around and see who has the best deal on the XCal 3. Looking at getting the car tuned in January.

AFBLUE,

On dyno-days: They are usually just as much of a social event as anything else. This is a great opportunity for Shelby owners to meet and get together to talk shop as we run our cars through the ringer.

On dyno-tuning: I recommend shopping around for the XCal3 as you said. However, I also recommend waiting on the tune until late spring - early summer. During the winter and early spring the air is cold and dry (read optimum atmospheric conditions for your engine). Make Brent earn his (big) money and have him tune your SGT when the air is warmer and more humid (less than optimal conditions for your engine) so that when the weather does turn cooler again, your engine will run even better. Not to mention, if you're like me, you're going to drive your car more often in the summer than the winter.

On Dyno Tuned Performance (Brent Hughes): Though pricey, Brent is the only person I'll let tune my Shelby. I'm running his tune in my 2001 Mustang GT. He's one of the best tuners I've ever met - not to mention he's accomplished and nationally recognized as such in the Mustang community. He's definitely worth the money.

We can wait until your car arrives!

Thanks.

Kevin

1234, Schedule permiting, I will do the dyno days. Got nothing on the schedule now, but my schedule is very unpredictable.

FYI: Dynotuned performance is having one (They are in Chesapeake) in February. If you register on their site, they will send you an invite.

I told Brent I had heard he was a nationally recognized tuner. He was humble about the comment.

Archived