TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT engine

RogerS

Good article.

I know exactly what he means about that growl bouncing off the concrete walls.

I park in a parking garage at the hospital. ( I have a special spot lol ) When I get off work and start the car, I have scared more than one person if they are walking by lol. If you would see the smile on my face when I do that...hahaha. The day's stress is gone when I start him up ! :lol:

Good article.

I know exactly what he means about that growl bouncing off the concrete walls.

I park in a parking garage at the hospital. ( I have a special spot lol ) When I get off work and start the car, I have scared more than one person if they are walking by lol. If you would see the smile on my face when I do that...hahaha. The day's stress is gone when I start him up ! :lol:

Sue,

Are you having Ralph's scoop surgery done at your hospital? Love to see that OR. :lol: Jim

Good article even if the used the old HP figure (325 instead of 319).

When driving to Fort Story to get the Light house pictures, I really got on it hard for the first time. I just had to giggle when that exhaust roared to 6000rpm at full throttle!

I love it!

It sounds so tame at idle.

Told ya...

And here she is, naked as any engine can get.

http://www.karkraft.com/New%20Parts%201204.jpg

What a beauty, eh? Hard to believe she is more than 10 years old now, with 2V and 4V head options to boot. And such a sweet engine too. Only 281 CID, but capable of over 400 RWHP/400 RWTQ.

GudLawd..Wish I had such an engine back my youth. The money I spent on building small block GM engines in the '60s could have bought this whole car!

Good article even if the used the old HP figure (325 instead of 319).

Don't know where you got this 411 and I don't care. Brake HP is one thing, but my SGT produces 275+ RWHP, 300+ RWTQ on a real world dyno, and this is very respectable power. Besides, it's not HP, but TQ that moves the car. You can have all the HP in the world, but torque is what pushes you forward.

BTW, thanks for changing your sig pic, I was growing tired of the cartoon...

Archived