TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Guys lets clear up Shelby misinformation!

Guest evilchris

Guest evilchris

It seems like a lot of people really think the Shelby is a completely different car than the Mustang. Some seem to think it has different measurements, ie more interior space, different frame, chassis, etc. Some think it it goes down some special high quality line, away from the "mass produced" Mustang GT's and V6's.

Lets clear up this misinformation! Some may pay a HUGE ADM due to this thinking!

The Shelby goes down the SAME LINE as Mazda's, Mustang GT/V6, and at the SAME SPEED! As shown in bold moves 4, they install the engine in the same time it takes to install the other two Mustang engines.

It is also well known that the chassis/frame is stronger than in 05/06. But, ALL CARS benefit from this. Why? Ford doesn't make a "Shelby chassis". They make a Mustang chassis and don't know what car it will end up in until it is pulled and hits the line.

Any car with altered suspension from the norm ( Mustang GT ) feels totally different. This leads people to think it's a totally different car. However all mount points and everything else from an engineering standpoint on the Shelby's suspension is the same as Mustang GT. It just has different springs and dampers. That's why it feels "totally different".

The interior is for the most part EXACTLY THE SAME. The Shelby has seats with increased side bolsters, and a different steering wheel. Everything else it has can be found on GT's, including most of the leather except for the leather on the e-brake handle. Yes even the aluminum pedal covers. You can actually get a GT more loaded than a Shelby! No power passenger seat, electrochromic mirror, and heated seats for Shelby's!

If Ford changed all kinds of things from a production standpoint and built it with more regard, it would have a much higher sticker and maybe be WORTH the $70k dealers are charging. But it has the same MSRP that a 280HP 2005 Thunderbird did, remember that.

I STILL LOVE THE CAR, but for what it is! I don't have any misconceptions about it and you shouldn't either!

It seems like a lot of people really think the Shelby is a completely different car than the Mustang. Some seem to think it has different measurements, ie more interior space, different frame, chassis, etc. Some think it it goes down some special high quality line, away from the "mass produced" Mustang GT's and V6's.

Lets clear up this misinformation! Some may pay a HUGE ADM due to this thinking!

The Shelby goes down the SAME LINE as Mazda's, Mustang GT/V6, and at the SAME SPEED! As shown in bold moves 4, they install the engine in the same time it takes to install the other two Mustang engines.

It is also well known that the chassis/frame is stronger than in 05/06. But, ALL CARS benefit from this. Why? Ford doesn't make a "Shelby chassis". They make a Mustang chassis and don't know what car it will end up in until it is pulled and hits the line.

Any car with altered suspension from the norm ( Mustang GT ) feels totally different. This leads people to think it's a totally different car. However all mount points and everything else from an engineering standpoint on the Shelby's suspension is the same as Mustang GT. It just has different springs and dampers. That's why it feels "totally different".

The interior is for the most part EXACTLY THE SAME. The Shelby has seats with increased side bolsters, and a different steering wheel. Everything else it has can be found on GT's, including most of the leather except for the leather on the e-brake handle. Yes even the aluminum pedal covers. You can actually get a GT more loaded than a Shelby! No power passenger seat, electrochromic mirror, and heated seats for Shelby's!

If Ford changed all kinds of things from a production standpoint and built it with more regard, it would have a much higher sticker and maybe be WORTH the $70k dealers are charging. But it has the same MSRP that a 280HP 2005 Thunderbird did, remember that.

I STILL LOVE THE CAR, but for what it is! I don't have any misconceptions about it and you shouldn't either!

I agree with everything you said Evil except for the electrochromic mirror, that comes with the Premium Interior package on the Shelby. It is exactly like the 66-70 Shelby, same frame, same body - some different suspension parts, scoops and ducts, of course it's not worth what some scumbag dealerships are asking,but it's one hell of a car for MSRP, which I am paying.

svtkeith

I keep going to my (not so) local dealership and asking about the GT500...and they keep pointing at the GT(40) that they currently have in their showroom :doh:

You mean it's a MUSTANG!?!?!? :blink: (insert sarcasm here). :poke:

A "completely different" car refers to the feel and roadability of the car, not particular body parts. Kinda like way back when we would say that some Chevy and Pontiac cars were the "same" car. As I said before, drive it and let us know what you think. Until you do, your comments are conjecture, and I really don't know what you are getting so excited about. Everything is subjective, isn't it?

Now you wouldn't happen to have a legal background, would you?

Guest evilchris

A "completely different" car refers to the feel and roadability of the car, not particular body parts. Kinda like way back when we would say that some Chevy and Pontiac cars were the "same" car. As I said before, drive it and let us know what you think. Until you do, your comments are conjecture, and I really don't know what you are getting so excited about. Everything is subjective, isn't it?

Now you wouldn't happen to have a legal background, would you?

Hah! No I don't, my sister howver is an SEC attorney.

I just think a lot of the hype and misinformation about this car has led to the ADM's we see, so I like to swat it down when it's inaccurate. I'll lap up the accurate hype no problem.

«truncated»

¿Are you sure about that? I seem to remember a video about the struggles of getting the larger engine installed on the production line.

JB

Guest evilchris

¿Are you sure about that? I seem to remember a video about the struggles of getting the larger engine installed on the production line.

JB

Yeah there's always a struggle when you do something the 1st time. Watch the video again, and the gentleman explains that this engine MUST BE installed in the same amount of time on the line.

Yeah there's always a struggle when you do something the 1st time. Watch the video again, and the gentleman explains that this engine MUST BE installed in the same amount of time on the line.

Must be and being are two entirely different things. There isn't any evidence the Shelby engine is installed in the same amount of time of the other two engines.

Just splitting hairs with you being you are clearing up Shelby misinformation!

JB

JB

Yes, they do go down the same line. That's why there was so much emphasis put on getting the engine installed in the same amount of time as other cars. But all of the stuff they have been saying about extra quality control because of the visibility of these cars has, in my opinion, been disproven by the 2 cars that were delivered to Colorado on Thursday. It didn't seem as if anything "special" had been done to the cars once they were assembled. I'm just glad I got the one with the paint defects and not the one where the coolant hoses weren't fully attached.

And EC is right. This is good to know. Don't assume that your car is perfect because of any extra effort in the qualtiy dept. Check it over very carefully when you get it.

Yes, they do go down the same line. That's why there was so much emphasis put on getting the engine installed in the same amount of time as other cars. But all of the stuff they have been saying about extra quality control because of the visibility of these cars has, in my opinion, been disproven by the 2 cars that were delivered to Colorado on Thursday. It didn't seem as if anything "special" had been done to the cars once they were assembled. I'm just glad I got the one with the paint defects and not the one where the coolant hoses weren't fully attached.

And EC is right. This is good to know. Don't assume that your car is perfect because of any extra effort in the qualtiy dept. Check it over very carefully when you get it.

old guy,

forgive me if you've discussed this on another post, but could you elaborate on paint defects, etc, seems like you're less than satisfied with your Shelby?

CC

old guy,

oops, found another posat where you go into detail--sorry.

old guy,

oops, found another posat where you go into detail--sorry.

Sounds like you're preaching to the choir...I would tend to think most people on these boards know exactly that and then some about Shelby's.

Guest evilchris

Sounds like you're preaching to the choir...I would tend to think most people on these boards know exactly that and then some about Shelby's.

Actually you're completely wrong. A lot of people here are old school Mustang fans from the 60's era who have no clue on the current generation. You're new here, read a few posts and you'll see a ton of misinformation.

Actually you're completely wrong. A lot of people here are old school Mustang fans from the 60's era who have no clue on the current generation. You're new here, read a few posts and you'll see a ton of misinformation.

Hey Christopher, I try to stay away form posts your involved in but I have to say this. Your opinons are like Camero's on this site..... Lot's of people have em'..........

"Your sister lays down smack for the Southeastern Conference. Go dawgs; woof woof woof." :hysterical::hysterical:

lawdude, So. Ga. is home...... Go Dawgs!!!! :rockon:

Sorry If I'm out of the way on this...... No offence to any one or evilchris, but downers went out in the 60's.

Guest evilchris

Hey Christopher, I try to stay away form posts your involved in but I have to say this. Your opinons are like Camero's on this site..... Lot's of people have em'..........

"Your sister lays down smack for the Southeastern Conference. Go dawgs; woof woof woof." :hysterical::hysterical:

lawdude, So. Ga. is home...... Go Dawgs!!!! :rockon:

Sorry If I'm out of the way on this...... No offence to any one or evilchris, but downers went out in the 60's.

Please refute any opinions I posted, otherwise go elsewhere with your flames.

Please refute any opinions I posted, otherwise go elsewhere with your flames.

FLAMES AGAIN! My gosh. You may want to remove the 'evil' from your pseudonym.

'lambbo' wrote "Sorry If I'm out of the way on this...... No offence to any one or evilchris, but downers went out in the 60's."

JB

Chris lighten up.

You f*^#ed up too, on the electrocromatic mirror. Ease off. This isn't gospel here.

You have good opinions, if you want someone to listen, quit insulting them. You aren't just stating facts, your flaming. You started out okay when you came back. You are regressing my friend. Just stop putting people down. Disagree, but have some respect.

Guest evilchris

Chris lighten up.

You f*^#ed up too, on the electrocromatic mirror. Ease off. This isn't gospel here.

You have good opinions, if you want someone to listen, quit insulting them. You aren't just stating facts, your flaming. You started out okay when you came back. You are regressing my friend. Just stop putting people down. Disagree, but have some respect.

There are no put downs or flames in my post. If you feel there are, please report them to a moderator.

Is that the only line you read??? Listen to what people say. We are trying to be polite here, that's all.

EC is making us think about a lot of things, and after receiving my car I would say we ought to be discussing some of the issues he's bringing up. Don't worry about EC. He may be evil, but I think deep down he's probably an ok guy with a lot of well deserved skepticizm about this car.

He goofed on the mirrors but got the QC stuff dead right when none of us were questioning it. Give credit where credit is due.

We don't need yet another thread turning into a flame war.

Over and out!

Archived