TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Plaques

07 Shelby GT Owner

Why are the numbers on my shelby plaques red? Why does my Shelby have a black lower valance in the front and not a white one from the Shelby photo on the Shelby website? And why does my Shelby have a different lower valance where the exhaust comes out the back?

Do you have some pictures of your Shelby? Please post if you do.

Why are the numbers on my shelby plaques red? Why does my Shelby have a black lower valance in the front and not a white one from the Shelby photo on the Shelby website? And why does my Shelby have a different lower valance where the exhaust comes out the back?

Welcome aboard,

That is the way the production cars come. I think you are comparing your car to the pictures of the prototype cars.

My CSM numbers are also red. The valances were not painted on the production cars. Probably because of the cost and effort. Also, it may have been a nightmare with road debris if they had been painted. The rear valance in the prototype pictures are those of the standard Mustang GT. Our Shelby GTs got the front and rear valances designed for the California Special. The valances come on the cars from the Ford factory.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you want to look at it, production cars are rarely exactly the same as the prototype cars. Remember one other thing, the Shelby GT went from planning to production in 100 days. A chore unheard of in the automotive industry.

IMG_0585.jpg

Welcome aboard,

That is the way the production cars come. I think you are comparing your car to the pictures of the prototype cars.

My CSM numbers are also red. The valances were not painted on the production cars. Probably because of the cost and effort. Also, it may have been a nightmare with road debris if they had been painted. The rear valance in the prototype pictures are those of the standard Mustang GT. Our Shelby GTs got the front and rear valances designed for the California Special. The valances come on the cars from the Ford factory.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you want to look at it, production cars are rarely exactly the same as the prototype cars. Remember one other thing, the Shelby GT went from planning to production in 100 days. A chore unheard of in the automotive industry.

All true...the prototypes have been used, and are still used, in many press and marketing pieces. If you want to know why the 07 diecast is wrong, just take a look at it and the prototype!

The only correction to the above is the rear fascia. It was designed for the GT500 and later used on the CA Special and then on the SGT. Small thing but just a note!

All true...the prototypes have been used, and are still used, in many press and marketing pieces. If you want to know why the 07 diecast is wrong, just take a look at it and the prototype!

The only correction to the above is the rear fascia. It was designed for the GT500 and later used on the CA Special and then on the SGT. Small thing but just a note!

oh, you perfectionist. :P

Not to get off topic but I think the diecast are also wrong because they just used the GT-H design that they already had. The changed the hood and repainted it. That would make sense since they also leave of a prominent design que in the Hurst shifter for an automatice. i am hoping the 2008s are better so I can rebuild my 2007 diecast.

Archived