TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Docket set for Barrett-Jackson.....

mywickedshelby

Interesting that the Shelby GT500KR’s proceeds will only go to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation instead of Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation. Barrett jackson has been such a supporter of CSCF. I had to check (as per web) but the offerings of FORD GT, GT-H coupe, Gt-500, and SGT proceeds went to CSCF. The GT-H convert was split between both agencies. Both are worthy causes, just interesting that it has changed. I know CSCF took some totally unfounded bad press awhile back, hope that didn't have any thing to do with it.

Barrett jackson has been such a supporter of CSCF.

It was Ford & Shelby that donated the previous auction cars so that all auction proceeds could go to the Carroll Shelby Childrens Fund.

If BJ was such a supporter of CSCF then why didn't they waive their "auction fees" or donate the fees to the CSCF from those cars? Lets just say BJ made quite a few dollars off those cars, which they have every right to, but to say they are such a supporter of CSCF seems to me a stretch.

Steve

It was Ford & Shelby that donated the previous auction cars so that all auction proceeds could go to the Carroll Shelby Childrens Fund.

If BJ was such a supporter of CSCF then why didn't they waive their "auction fees" or donate the fees to the CSCF from those cars? Lets just say BJ made quite a few dollars off those cars, which they have every right to, but to say they are such a supporter of CSCF seems to me a stretch.

Steve

It was my understanding that BJ did waive their "auction fees". The buyer still paid them but BJ donated them to CSCF. So the SGT that sold for 600K, ended up giving 660K to CSCF. But that doesn't mean BJ has not benefited by having them sold at their auctions. It creates a lot of buzz for them, CSCF gets a higher bid than otherwise possible, Ford gets some advertising, and Ron Pratte gets a new car. :lol:

If you find this not to be the case, let me know, I was just curious if someone new why the change away from CSCF...

Archived