TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT for sale.......$33,500.00.....

mywickedshelby

I was thinking it would be a good deal for someone looking for an SGT, not to hear you whine about value

sorry about your luck~

I was actually thinking the same thing. I have a friend who is waiting for a dealer to meet his price on a new 2007 Shelby GT. However that $33.5K on a car with 2000 miles would probably be good for him if it wasn't so far away.

I am getting a little sick of posting used car pricing of Shelby's. They will drop and i don't have to be reminded every couple of days. It's like watching the stock market everyday it makes no sense.

If you think you feel bad watching prices go down, think how the guy feels having to sell his Shelby after enjoying only 2000 miles. :(

I dont feel bad for them though. They should have known better. A fool and his or her money. As I have said months ago if you really wanna be p*ssed off think of the value of your house taking a dive the past year. Thats where the real hurt is. Otherwise enjoy your ride and drive and smile :)

yeah I agree, I was thinking of that before after the first response, wow how pissed would you be then?

But then again, if you paid an ADM to be first or one of the first, that money is gone forever, you got your value, being one of the lucky few....I guess.

Think about the first GT-H's going for 70k, 80k, 90k?

Now you can get one for half that. When they are all gone, the prices will got back up, but those first few will be waiting a long time to see those prices again.

Think about us poor Northerners Michael! We cant drive it in the winter. We should have gotten these things for half the price those West coast guys paid! LOL ;)

Hey! Good point! I drove mine yesterday to drop it off at the dealer to have my scoop replaced. I REALLY miss driving it. While it was fun to drive but I hated taking it out of the warm garage all clean and detailed over the salt and sanded roads. Ugh..

Hopefully I will pick it up tomorrow with a new scoop and two new hood stripes. yeah!

I drove mine on Sunday, and we have 3ft of snow already...............I drove it down my driveway and into my enclosed car trailer, hauled it two miles to its new heated garage. :)

As far as the values of our homes and cars go........................yeah your home value has dropped some but will always bounce back, and your Shelby will be worth more in 10-15 years than a standard GT, ya just gotta wait that's all.

As for the housing market, i lucked out and tripled my investment.

As for the GT-500, i knew paying sticker would still be a bad investment as far as a return. I didn't buy it for that, i bought it for fun. Sometimes you can't put a price tag on fun, especially if you were driving a beater car for the past 18 years. This is the 2nd new car i ever purchased for myself. My '89 F-150 was my 1st and i still have it. I got my monies worth out of it and i plan to do the same with this car. In between all of that, there's a $2000 beater to do battle with the daily commute and winter weather.

I am sure our vehicles will be worth more than a standard GT in 15 years, but unfortunately that is not saying much. A 15 year old GT will probably be worth very little, depending on condition. Unless mint, not much, and maybe not much more for the GT. 15 year old Shelby GT 350's were worth very little. It took closer to 25-30 years before they started to appreciate.

Hey! Good point! I drove mine yesterday to drop it off at the dealer to have my scoop replaced. I REALLY miss driving it. While it was fun to drive but I hated taking it out of the warm garage all clean and detailed over the salt and sanded roads. Ugh..

Hopefully I will pick it up tomorrow with a new scoop and two new hood stripes. yeah!

You drove over salted roads???!!!??? :o

I don't mind rain on the paint, but salt on the undercarrage? :unsure:

I woulda waited for spring! lol :D

Dan

Yea mine is all covered up in the garage. The only snow she sees is when I open the door and from the snowblower parked next to it. Ill have to get Shelby decals for it :) I cant wait to get the scoop done in the spring though. I have been thinking of having the stripes painted when I do this. I think it would be worth the $$ in the long run.

As for the housing market, i lucked out and tripled my investment.

As for the GT-500, i knew paying sticker would still be a bad investment as far as a return. I didn't buy it for that, i bought it for fun. Sometimes you can't put a price tag on fun, especially if you were driving a beater car for the past 18 years. This is the 2nd new car i ever purchased for myself. My '89 F-150 was my 1st and i still have it. I got my monies worth out of it and i plan to do the same with this car. In between all of that, there's a $2000 beater to do battle with the daily commute and winter weather.

+1, you can't put a price on fun!

my .02

I relate it to the same as my house or even the stock market....my house has gone up, some say it has gone down some lately, but it doesn't matter to me....I'm not selling anytime soon. Yes, I could score a great deal on a new or used SGT now...and yes we could of maybe waited. As they say...timing is everything. But I'm not selling my SGT any time soon....so going down....or up...it just doesn't matter much to me. We should all be aware that cars depreciate before appreciating. The SGT is no exception. I do feel for those that must sell their cars now...it couldn't be a worst time. Sorry if anyone of you are in this situation. I hope not.

I think a lot of factors were not in the SGT favor to support the higher prices at the start (again just my .02).

• No advertisement (Limited edition SAI car just can't match the FORD advertisement of the GT-500).

• Many buyers (including some dealers, and I'm being nice) just don't "get" the car, buyers stop reading at the 319hp.

• The long wait for the early cars and the glut of 2007 cars produced late in 2007 did not help (heck, 2008 were coming out).

• The SAI Mod shop was late to the game and many buyers did not know of the options that could of been purchase/installed by SAI.

• Dealers large ADM (and prices varied so much between dealers).

• Maybe even the limitation of car colors gave reason for people to buy other cars.

• And let's face it...problems like the scoop lift problem also did not help.

One thing I can say....I get the same reaction where ever I go....and that is...that it's one nice ride. I got to think that will pay off some time down the road...but it's a long road and there are no promises. I know its difficult to watch the falling prices...but try to look past it...enjoy the car for now, we can all worry about the prices in later in our old age. Maybe :rolleyes: I will be saying someday..."I should of made mine a SGT S/C...those guys are getting more than 50K than a non S/C SGT now...what was I thinking...I should of bought two." :D

As per the SHELBY MUSTANG VALUE GUIDE CHART (page 162) of the recently released special edition of the Shelby 2007 Annual magazine (of course, keep in mind, these are Shelby's guesses..and they are in the business to sell cars).

2007 Shelby values:

• GT500 - 65K (2017) 225K (2027) 300K (2047)
  • GT500 40th - 86k (2017) 250K (2027) 350K (2047)
  • Shelby GT - 40K (2017 ) 80K (2027) 100k (2047)
  • Shelby GT S/C - 50k (2017) 100K (2037) 150k (2047) <-----see, we should of gotten the S/C installed

2008 Shelby values:

• GT500 - 75K (2017) 225K (2027) 300K (2047)
  • GT500KR - 85k (2017) 265K (2027) 350K (2047)
  • GT500SS - 105k (2017) 325K (2027) 450K (2047)

Archived