TEAM SHELBY FORUM

#87 Coming HOME!

philip 87

Just finalized the deal for #87.

I can't wait to get her home and parked in the garage. Tomorrow I hope.

It is understood from the family that if they are looking for me.......I'll be sitting in the garage with

the Shelby! Clean as a whistle with 10,880 k miles.

I never dreamed I would own a Shelby like this!

I am happy to join you all in this wonderful world of SHELBY AMERICAN HISTORY.

P.S. Dealer gave me ALL the Hertz paperwork.....Very Cool.

Just finalized the deal for #87.

I can't wait to get her home and parked in the garage. Tomorrow I hope.

It is understood from the family that if they are looking for me.......I'll be sitting in the garage with

the Shelby! Clean as a whistle with 10,880 k miles.

I never dreamed I would own a Shelby like this!

I am happy to join you all in this wonderful world of SHELBY AMERICAN HISTORY.

P.S. Dealer gave me ALL the Hertz paperwork.....Very Cool.

Welcome and congratulations. We are glad to have you here. Enjoy her and, as soon as possible, post some photos for us to see. Jim

Great photos. She is pretty in those photos but she will be beautiful in your garage. Where in the country are you located? At least there is no snow in the photos. Jim

Hi Someday13. Thanks alot. I really enjoy being a part of this forum

Regarding cheaper Shelby GT-H mustangs. I have learned that cheaper is not always better. I did have sveral choices of 5 GT-Hs, all between 33K and 40K but after talking, writing, listening, looking, Etc. I decided to buy this one. In the same range. Did I overpay?

I did not post what I paid for it. I feel I paid a fair and reasonable price.

The dealer also gave me ALL paperwork including the Manheim auction receipt. I did some investigative work regarding this and was told it is very likely true about it's sale price to the Ford dealer. I don't know for sure. Anyway, If true, the dealer lost a good amount of money. If anyone on this site has input on this topic, please respond as I like listening ahnd learning about all this good stuff. LOL Interestingly, besides the remaining 3 year/36 K remaining warranty this car also comes with a magnificent extended warranty of the complete power train for as long as I own the car and serviced at this dealership. No joke. Went thru all details with dealership and all in Writing. The attachment I posted of the auction was only to shows pics and details. If you check it again,you will see the auction did not meet it's reserve. I have seen a few while searching for one and they were all pretty much 18-25K miles and showing dents and such. This one #87 has 10.8K miles and clean. Thanks, Philip

Hi Someday13. Thanks alot. I really enjoy being a part of this forum

Regarding cheaper Shelby GT-H mustangs. I have learned that cheaper is not always better. I did have sveral choices of 5 GT-Hs, all between 33K and 40K but after talking, writing, listening, looking, Etc. I decided to buy this one. In the same range. Did I overpay?

I did not post what I paid for it. I feel I paid a fair and reasonable price.

The dealer also gave me ALL paperwork including the Manheim auction receipt. I did some investigative work regarding this and was told it is very likely true about it's sale price to the Ford dealer. I don't know for sure. Anyway, If true, the dealer lost a good amount of money. If anyone on this site has input on this topic, please respond as I like listening ahnd learning about all this good stuff. LOL Interestingly, besides the remaining 3 year/36 K remaining warranty this car also comes with a magnificent extended warranty of the complete power train for as long as I own the car and serviced at this dealership. No joke. Went thru all details with dealership and all in Writing. The attachment I posted of the auction was only to shows pics and details. If you check it again,you will see the auction did not meet it's reserve. I have seen a few while searching for one and they were all pretty much 18-25K miles and showing dents and such. This one #87 has 10.8K miles and clean. Thanks, Philip

Well WELCOME to the family ! I asked about the price because i paid shy 50 n im VERY HAPPY price is not so much the issue !! We'VE got a piece of history , n i did see yr car in S.I VERY NICE ! It's bitter sweet that the price softened up ,im glad you got a good deal . Im out in L.I. maybe we"ll run into one another at a show BELLMORE RR stations a nice place to go on fridays nights in the nicer months!!

Congratulations on the purchase. I picked up # 374 about a month ago and have enjoyed some nice rides each week. I am sure you will enjoy and I agree I like reading all of the stories about the car's, folks rental details, Upgrades, etc.

Keep it clean and out of the snow !

Enjoy !! :rolleyes:

Thanks Moe! Shortened your name because,ironically,I call everybody Moe! And Congrats to you as well. I am very happy with this car. I plan on some SAI upgrades in time. e.g. billet hood pins, underhood Shelby billet fluid cap set, ect.. No performance mods, just asthetics. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Archived