TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW HOOD SCOOP

shelbygt350s

Looks like a better solution,and guessin here,a perm solution. Did you do the grinding/fab work on the 2 sides,or did you receive it like that?

The old/original scoop,the bolt receiver housing,my opinion,is too deep,which makes the outside naturally,want to flare up. I only saw it once,and it was at the Ford body shop. I woulda loved to have taken a steel rule to it,to confirm my beliefs.

Hmmm,thinkin here,if I'm able to be at the shop when the new 1 is installed,I'll check out the underside of the old. Not that it matters,SAI is resolving it. Just for curiosity sake.

AFBLUE:

I am not so sure that we will see any problems with our 08's. I expect that they had already corrected the problem on our cars.

With that said, I will still keep an eye on my hood scoop thru the next year when (and if) it ever warms up again. (Darn Nebraska winters).

Enjoy your nice weather while you can.

I've been watching my hood scoop like a hawk, looking for the slightest sign of warping/lifting.

Nothing so far, but it hasn't been hot here.

It looks perfect to me.

AFBLUE:

I am not so sure that we will see any problems with our 08's. I expect that they had already corrected the problem on our cars.

With that said, I will still keep an eye on my hood scoop thru the next year when (and if) it ever warms up again. (Darn Nebraska winters).

Enjoy your nice weather while you can.

got mine back today with the new riveted scoop installed, awesome finally after 9 months my Shelby is the way it should be :). they also replaced the Shelby lettering on trunk and 3 letters moved side to side very easily, now all tight

Archived