TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Minor appearance mods

2007_Shelby_GT

The fun begins! A couple of early Christmas presents...

Power Plug (Cobra)

http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang2005_power_outlet_plug.shtml

Sequential Lights

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/shop/...ct_detail&p=120

Both items add a nice touch!

Clark,I'm interested in that too. Does it actually light up,and,do you have the URL where you purchased it?

Thx,

Rich

Rich,

The link is listed. MGW does great work. Excellent Mustang Shifters. I do not belive it is illuminated.

Roger

I have had my sequential signals a while now, very easy to install and I get a lot of compliments about them. CDC is a great company to deal with.

Ordered my red/chrome eject button just a moment ago, thanks to this thread. Thanks!

Merry Xmas gents!

• 2 weeks later...

Does it come with instructions...Don't want to screw this up. :blink:

You just need to meet me and you would not ask that question. :rolleyes: It did not come with any but I wrote these for those who follow: take off the rubber cover over the power outlet that came with the car, stick the Eject button in the hole, alight the Eject button so it is straight. Don't know about you, but I am exhausted. :lol: Jim

You just need to meet me and you would not ask that question. :rolleyes: It did not come with any but I wrote these for those who follow: take off the rubber cover over the power outlet that came with the car, stick the Eject button in the hole, alight the Eject button so it is straight. Don't know about you, but I am exhausted. :lol: Jim

:lol::lol::lol:

LOL Not been here long but I'm truly going to miss this Site.

me2!

Knock...knock!

IT'S NOT THE "SITE" IT'S THE PEOPLE!!!! :angry:

Yeah, I'll miss the CGI errors...uh huh... <_<

You're right it is the people. All the people.

Ok, I'm just going to come out and say it. When we all move over there, we are going to have to deal much more often with something that is a rare occurance over here. Derogatory comments about our cars and people getting their panties in a wad.

Most people on the other site are not SGT owners and some don't share our views on why are/were attracted to the SGT. There are many (probably most) on the other site that are very nice, polite, encouraging etc. But there is also a significant number that for whatever reason will feel compelled to start some <bleep>.

We are obviously proud of our cars and when we express that pride on here, most of the readers are in agreement. We don't have to worry that we have somehow slighted a GT 500 or Mustang GT owner, because we made a different purchase decision.

For example, many of us are proud that our cars were assembled by SAI. On the other site, this pride causes some to respond defensively or negatively because their car wasn't. This may be due because the SGT owner expressing this view is over zealous. Few if any on this site would think twice about it, but on the other we must more careful about how we say things because they may be taken as boastful or negative.

I for one am going to miss having a place where I can relax with my fellow SGT owners, without someone popping into a thread because we've pissed them off or they just want to get a dig in on us.

I already deal with SGT negativity as a moderator on TMS, and I love coming here to be with folks that share my love of the SGT. I just have a feeling that when it comes to SGT discussions, the other site will be more like TMS and less like shelbyautos forums. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm basing this on what I have already observed.

JMO.

I have been posting on the "other" forum for awhile now (some of you may have noticed I haven't been here too much lately), and I will say that no one has responded with a single negative comment about me or my SGT that I can think of. I've come back here more recently when I realized that so many of you were not making the move over there yet.

I think some important things to remember (whether one agrees or not) is that all Shelbys are true Shelbys, regardless of where they are made, and that each person's Shelby (whether it be a Cobra, or GT500, or SGT, or CS6 or Dodge or whatever) or regular Mustang is special to him or her and all should be treated with respect. These things seem to be the ones that people become the most sensitive about.

Ok, without sounding too much like an idiot.....

I'm taking this place is shutting down soon and most are going to the "Stangs Unleashed" forums? Is that now the official Shelby forum? What's the skinny on the move?

Somehow or another the plan, as I understand it, is to move all the forums and discussions on this site over to the stangsunleashed (Team Shelby) site, hopefully w/out losing anything or missing a beat! The Team Shelby site becomes "official" as of 1/11/08, unless that date has changed, so I assume all this will happen by then!

Getting back to the original topic - I do like the power point caps and sequential tail lights!

this site is "merging" with stangsunleashed to become the new forum home known as Team Shelby.

We have been told these forums will merge and none will disappear, but many are anxious about the loss of our little small town family...........supposed to happen right around the big Birthday party.

....looks like we were all typing at the same time!

love the plug and I am (for the 1st time) really considering the sequentials.....(thanks herpony68.)

Did mine about 3 weeks ago Michael. Simple plug and play if you go with the CDC unit. It replaces the entire harness and you reuse the bulbs in the originals. Simple install. Dramatic effect.

Archived