TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Quarter Window?

Revans310_merged

For two weeks now and I still can't make the decision.

Quarter Window Trim from shelbyperformanceparts.

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/List...dow%20Trim.aspx

or

Custom Painted Window Louvers.

http://www.dgcustomauto.com/product.sc?cat...1&productId=230

What ya Think.

The louvers look cooler but they also restrict your vision.

If you think you are going to go with the louvers why not try using some painters tape and/or cardboard to simulate the louvers and try driving around for a few days and see if the increased blindspot area is acceptable to you.

Steve

or

What ya Think.

Tough choice. The classic Shelby GT sticks with the windows. The louvers, however, are made by a company from which I bought pre-painted mirror sleeves for my outside mirrors and they are the best of quality. While I have to stick with the window trim because I am of the old school, if someone got into my garage and put on the louvers, I could live with it. Good luck with this one. :) Jim

Same problem I had, Trim looks old school but the rest of the trim is black. Louvers are nice & old school also but restrict vision, Shelby plates are awsome (especially painted body color) but also restrict vision. Tough call. Good luck! :) I'm going stock for now. :D

The bride likes the louvers better than the trim.

I however, prefer this painted body color

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...ow%20Cover.aspx

Your going to find this Funny but I bought a Pair and had my Friend hold them up to the Car and everyone around said it just didn't look right on the Grabber Orange Car. :(

Going to see how much it would cost to have them Painted...Thx

Those windows do nothing for visibility. I have the covers and never even think about them. The only thing is if you do decide to go with covers use a mild dish soap/ water solution on the window before you try to affix the cover. It allows you to move it around and get it on right. if u dont you may end up with one edge striking the body therby sticking out.

The bride likes the louvers better than the trim.

I however, prefer this painted body color

Newporttrip001.jpg

blockoffs007.jpg

blockoffs001.jpg

Your going to find this Funny but I bought a Pair and had my Friend hold them up to the Car and everyone around said it just didn't look right on the Grabber Orange Car. :(

Going to see how much it would cost to have them Painted...Thx

They would look great on a GO car. But it all depends on the look your after. Race or nostalgia. You could always just do the quarter window trim only. AKA 1966.

There is about 8 hours of total labor in masking the "Shelby" and each pop rivet. But I'm not normal either!

Wow that L@@ks Perfect worth the Time, Going to show my Painter this Pic.

Just a tip, regular masking does not work very well. I ended up going to a model hobby shop and purchased a liquid mask for enamel paint. Took a model car paint brush and placed 4-5 coats each area I wanted exposed. Great thing about it is that cleans up with water if you miss prior to painting. Then the color coats. The most time is in peeling the mask off with an exacto knife. Any remaing mask wipes up with water. Then have your painter put 3 coats of clear over everything. That will protect the exposed aluminum in the lettering and rivets.

Hope this helps. I you would like more info just PM me with your contact info and I'll get back to you.

Totally awsome. That's the look i was going for. I'm getting the block outs without the "shelby" lettering and doing the same to the rivets as you did.

Great job !!

Thank you. It was exactly the look what I wanted. It was not avaliable so we modifird it. :D

It just doesn't look right.

100_0467.jpg

Your right :blink: You have to paint them. :D

Another tip. retape the inside with "new" 3M tape and 'Pre-bend" or form the plates to the windows, for a better fit, prior to painting.

How about another suggestion, do th same to the gas door cover :)

Just a bad angle for the Gas door it really looks nice looking straight at it...But couldn't hurt to ask the Painter it would look awesome painted like the cover. :)

I'm all about the "clean look". Those 1/4 windows need to be painted orange.

Hey, do this. Take a nice side pic of your car and have someone photoshop the 1/4 windows body color. Also, have them do the same to the gas door.

The louvers look cooler but they also restrict your vision.

If you think you are going to go with the louvers why not try using some painters tape and/or cardboard to simulate the louvers and try driving around for a few days and see if the increased blindspot area is acceptable to you.

Steve

Great idea Steve, block off the windows and check for effect.

I installed the Shelby brushed aluminum panels, and I didn't notice any loss of vision or enhanced blind spot. The RV mirrors are very generous and when angled just right, no blind spot at all.

Beautiful job Roger! :D

Only 8 hrs in them/...huh?

You are out of control! :blink:

Thanks Mike. Yup out of control all right. What you and I discussed last evening...............I ordered and will have on next week. The thing I told you I was going to wait until spring to install ! Yup out of control :P :P :P

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/List...dow%20Trim.aspx

or

http://www.dgcustomauto.com/product.sc?cat...1&productId=230

What ya Think.

Revans, I have the quarter window trim. Here is a couple pictures of my car. Dave

car_pictures_17.jpgcar_pictures_17.jpg

rossgt I talked to my Painter today he is going to paint them the same color as the car to look just like yours for $150...I thought is was a little high but it's my Christmas Gift to myself so it's all Good. :)

Oh the wife is getting me the Sequential tail light turn signal Kit so I'm happy about that. :)

Excellent, Merry Christmas! What a wife! My wife just tells me order what you want and I'll wrap it! :lol::lol: Get the ones from Classic Design Concepts CDC. Did it the other evening. Took about 45 min. taking my time. Plug and play. Just follow the directions. The tools however are wrong. You need the 11 mm and a small screwdriver for the push pins that's it. Oh..........on each retaining stud there is a black sealer for waterproofing. Save that sealer and replace under the nut when you re-install! Just a tip.

Good luck, post the pics when done. I think you made the right choice. It's going to look aswesome! Can't wait to see it on the GO! B)

Revans, I have the quarter window trim. Here is a couple pictures of my car. Dave

car_pictures_17.jpgcar_pictures_17.jpg

Love that quarter window trim Dave. I think AFBLUE is doing the same on his Vista Blue.

Wow that L@@ks Perfect worth the Time, Going to show my Painter this Pic.

If my car was grabber orange...I'd do exactly this treatment - but paint in matching grabber orange.

On your car it looks saweet but I'm already $100 in the hole for the Shelby covers so why not go the distance and have them painted to match the Car.

I was going to buy the exact same color as yours but when I seen the GO it was all over.

Thanks Revans, I think it looks retro, like the 66. I like the contrast with the 35% tint on the windows.

Dave

Love that quarter window trim Dave. I think AFBLUE is doing the same on his Vista Blue.

Thanks Ross, I also ordered some more billet goodies for the interior and some engine dress up washers and bolts. Car is in storage now for the winter. Iowa has been hit pretty hard with ice & snow already. Now to save for those 20" CS 40 wheels!

Dave

Thanks Revans, I think it looks retro, like the 66. I like the contrast with the 35% tint on the windows.

Dave

Thanks Ross, I also ordered some more billet goodies for the interior and some engine dress up washers and bolts. Car is in storage now for the winter. Iowa has been hit pretty hard with ice & snow already. Now to save for those 20" CS 40 wheels!

Dave

Those wheels will look AWESOME on the White! Very B)

Dave

Dave

+1 on tint looks great on a white car.

Archived