TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Let's See Your CS6/CS8's

MustangD

Hi all,

I am new to these boards. I have a 2005 GT Mineral Gray and am seriously considering a CS8 conversion. I would love to see everyone's CS6/CS8's for inspiration. Thanks!

Take a look in the gallery section...you might find a couple there but I don't think there has ever been very many built in either version and I have one of the few and possibly the only convertible that I know of.

If I were to take a guess from what has been posted over the past couple of years I'd have to say there is less than a dozen complete CS6/CS8 packages and maybe as many again without the supercharger.

It's an expensive conversion so be prepared but when it's done it's well worth it to have a very unique vehicle.

On page 13 or 14 in the gallery you will find my white 06 CS6.

Take a look in the gallery section...you might find a couple there but I don't think there has ever been very many built in either version and I have one of the few and possibly the only convertible that I know of.

If I were to take a guess from what has been posted over the past couple of years I'd have to say there is less than a dozen complete CS6/CS8 packages and maybe as many again without the supercharger.

It's an expensive conversion so be prepared but when it's done it's well worth it to have a very unique vehicle.

Thanks for the input. I will check out the gallery. How much did the painting/install for everything set you back you?

Amy - do you have any "official" numbers on how many CS6 and CS8 packages have been sold, and cars built?

Checked out your ride. Very nice!

Wow, over 100 views and only one response? There must be much less CS6/CS8 owner's than I originally thought. Could there be a reason for that??? hmmm.... interesting.

Full CS6/8's are hard to come by. The cost for the "Turn Packages" are pretty hefty and they don't include paint and prep. or labor for installation.

To have my hood, scoops, fascia painted cost me around $2k however I also changed my rear fascia which was not required since I have a GT. This kit is probably best suited for those who will do most of the work themselves. One thing is for sure, the full cars are "unique" as there won't be many of them.

OK.....YOU ASKED FOR IT !!!!!!!!!!!

As I previously explained there has always been a lot of chatter on this forum but mostly from individuals such as yourself looking for answers before they take the next step...but...not too many do.....hmmmmm

The main reasons I believe there have so few cars produced are the cost of components and installation and the lack of recognition from SAI.

The forum focus has also changed to the Shelby site on Stangs unleashed or what ever the flavor of the week is today...lol...but that could also be a reason for the lite responce.

The current cost for the CS6 turn 2 package is around $14,000.00 which is about $2,000.00 + less than when the original package was offered.

I live in Canada and although the dollar is now at par when I bought it was a 20% + exchange rate and not in my favor..lol.....

I didn't get the 8.8 rear end or Razor wheels from Shelby as the freight was insane but just in freight and duty for the other items it was about $1,500.00.......

The hood is very rough from SAI and to get the hood perfect like a factory item took over 20 man hours at a body shop so you can do the math on that one yourself....

Oh yes.... the factory V6 drive shaft is only rated at 240 HP ...oops....guess they forgot to tell us about that before I blew the drive shaft through the floor....add $2,000.00 to repair the floor to factory and install a 1pc. steel 600 hp 1 piece race shaft...

Exhaust installation.....$250.00

Suspension installation.....$350.00

Supercharger installation, brake installation, rear end modification...$3,000.00

(through Ford Racing dealer Dixie Ford and that was a mega deal......the service manager nearly had a heart attack when the hours came in so have everything quoted in writing before they get the vehcile)

Body Shop: $6,000.00 (includes hood modifications & installation, front fascia, rear fascia, floor repair, paint, gold Lemans stripes......the car was perfect when I picked it up and the floor was like new....)

"Big thanks to CarStar in Barrie Ontario..."

Front grill , letters & Pia lights (God help you is all I can say......personal time of about 15 + hours to get right..(if you even get that far)

Trunk lettering....don't use a center punch..(even lightly)

20 x 9 Boss rear wheels + 20 X 8.5 boss wheels & rubber $2,600.00 ( now that SAI offers the 20" Razor in silver I think I'll order these in the Spring.)

Shelby Cobra badging, sill plates, map light cover, faux gas cap under hood and all other accents.. $1,000.00

New programmer (Shelby one is way too restrictive and I bumped almost 40 hp with a different one)

+ dyno time and set-up $900.00.

Down sized supercharger pully and more dyno time $350.00.....

Are you starting to see a pattern here...lol.....

Recognization from SAI........???????????? Well...according to SAI.....we have very pretty cars that we can customize to our own taste..

There is more focus on a GT Mustang with a K&N breather kit and beautiful hood scoop......

Isn't that right guys...you all love your hood scoops..??????????

Well...the car will never be certified or sanctioned Shelby....that was never promissed but a plaque was...sooooo...

we could get an enthusiast plaque.... when they work all the bugs out but I can show you a dozen e-mails where instruction was given to issue one in the past and guess what ???????

I'm still waiting........

I'm also still waiting for my certificates of authenticity that they promissed with every component purchase........are you starting to see a pattern here....

My almost loaded V6 rag top taxes & all out the door was about $32,000.00 and to date I probably spent another $30,000.00 + with more to come.

The last dyno run was 380 RWHP with 6 pounds of boost but with the new pully we should be in the 425 to 435 RWHP with 9 to 10 pounds of boost and that's in an automatic vehicle.....(I'm still waiting to blow something else up..lol.....)

Trust me.....this car hauls ass.........

I have a 5.7L Hemi truck and this little v6 car puts my truck to shame..

Actually... I went for a spin in a 500 HP GTO a month or so ago and with the exception of the sheer rattle & roll my CS6 and the GTO were both great runs

All I can say to you is if I had my time back I'd be driving a GT-500....Shelby or not it's a great bang for the buck and a fantastic vehicle....(you GT-500 owners should be very proud...F**K those purists)

I'm now thinking about looking at a 2009 SRT8 Challenger 426 Hemi 4 speed......

I don't think I'll ever part with this CS6...I've just got tooooooooooooo much involvement with this project..but I think Shelby has over-saturated themselves in the "me-too" market and all the generic vechicles will fall off.... Shelby or not......

If you build a CS6 or CS8 at least it is on your own terms and your own way and it is one hell of a unique vehicle.....priceless......gee....sounds like a M/C commercial..lol....

There has been more than one company over the years that would pay anything to have not so receptive tirals back in the fold.....

I will never discourage anybody from investing the time and effort into one of these vehicles as I'm still pumping cash into mine ......but it is a lot of work and a lot of money for what you derive from the investment...

But then there is the Terlingua option...........?????..what's a Terlingua..???...I don't know.......I think it's a sort of CS looking car..that... hey increased the boost so higher HP.... made the brakes better..they made the hood scoop functional..custom seats...cool paint......Oh wait...it's like the SS package on a GT-500...but no it's not........the CS6 cars don't exist.............so this is a whole new concept...........??????

Sorry.........

Wow. Interesting read. Thanks.

Please don't pull the post. It has a negative tone but it has good information. The $14,000 kit is only part of the puzzle, there is a lot of time and labor cost needed to make it work.

Then there is the issue of the driveshaft. Your real world experience shows it is worthwhile to upgrade the driveshaft upfront rather than incur an unexpected expense down the road.

robin

I think it all comes down to the uniqueness of the car. The CS6/CS8 is a "Kit" and (as of now) does not have a CSM number (therefore it does not have a spot in the Shelby Registry). This is understandable since the car is not built at SAI. Do to this, as ShelbyV6 put it, there is a "lack" of recognition. This doesn't mean that SAI has the car on a blacklist and will not recognize it. The fact is, if SAI didn't recognize the car, they wouldn't bother selling the kit and they most certainly wouldn't have made a dash plaque for it, right?

Basically, it comes down to taste. Personally, I don't like Mustang mods that

1. Modify the look of the car too much (taking it away from its muscle car roots)

2. Lack performance

3. Change everything under the hood but keep the original look of the car

I found the Shelby CS6/CS8 kit to be an excellent blend of cosmetic and performance. It keeps the orginal shape of the Mustang, while making it noticeably different. I also have a passion for the Shelby brand, had a Mustang GT that I got a great deal on, and I love having a car that I won't find in every fourth driveway. So for me it was a no brainer (not to mention the 2007 GT500's were going for $75,000 CDN at the time <_< ).

Yes, the kit is expensive (i paid $20,000 CDN at the dealer for Turn 1, installed/painted)... Yes, some people will still say it's not a registry car... But let me tell you that the recognition from the car community is great. On several occasions I have already had people I don't even know ask me if i'm the same person that owns the Shelby CS8 built at Sterling Ford, and it hasn't even been on the road yet.

Bottom line: it looks great, it performs great, it's unique, it's a Shelby kit desgined and sold by SAI. And lets not forget the CS logo on the trunk that vette owners will be seeing a lot of :P

Just my personal opinion on the matter :)

Kevin

Kevin, your post sums it up on pretty much how I feel about my car. Even before I bought my 06 I searched around for what I planned to do and I went with this kit however back then the "Turn" kits weren't specified yet nor was a CS8. My goal was to maintain the modern hints the S197's have while giving it a touch of old school late 60's Mustang muscle. This kit is that look to me.

ShelbyV6's post is good as negative press isn't always bad if presented in a professional manner. There is a positive side to it as others can see some of the pit falls and if they choose this kit they can avoid those mistakes. I am unsure but it appears since last year the under side of the CS6 hood has been modified since I ran into the clearance issues with my SC. I know others that have had similar issues as well and recently I spoke to someone with this hood on a SGT with a Whipple with no issues at all, no modifications to the hood needed. I guess from build and others as well changes where made.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd thought you would find it an entertaining read....it falls into the sad but true column...

I pulled the original post and I would appreciate it if you would do the same......

I think the CS6/CS8's look awesome! If you like it, that's all that matters.

For my money, at $60k+....

08SGT vert with Paxton SC with enough left over to buy a new RAM pick up with a hemi...(almost)

my .02 I would keep what you have.

Archived