TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Knight Rider (K.I.T.T.) is a Super Snake Mustang!?

Flyingbadgers2001

I was browsing the Yahoo page when I saw an icon for the New Knight Rider tv-movie. For the '80's old school' folks out there we remember David Hasselhoff and the black Trans Am. Well now it's a black Mustang which ironicly looks like a Shelby Super Snake GT500! I would have to ponder a guess that perhaps the Shelby folks had their fingerprints on the design of this Mustang for the NBC tv-movie. I would post pics but I have a hell of a time trying to post pics on this site. My advise is to goto the Yahoo.com main page and type in the search window, Knight Rider TV-Movie-Mustang, etc.. I only saw two pics. A front shot of the GT500 style fascia with the Super Snake hood and 2 air spoilers all black'd out with extremely large side air scoops the other pic was a rear shot of a different Mustang which was also black but the 20' rims were chrome instead of gloss black and the rear spoiler was a standard type of spoiler that can be seen on other Shelby GT 500. So my guess is that one pic shows the car in the extreme crime fighting mode while the other pic shows the Mustang in a more tame mild mannered mode. Im then assuming this car morphs somewhat then? Take a look and tell me you think? Personally I like the exposure the Mustang will get, I just hope the tv-movie wont suck. I wonder if this car has a dash plaque? JUST KIDDING!!!!!!! Im not trying open a can of worms on that issue!:lol:

Scroll down a little under this link. Some full pics. The "attack" version looks like "Knight Ricer" :P

K I T T

There are 3 cars/versions. A remote controlled car with no driver. An attack/trick version with a big ricey wing. And a Stock/Street version which is actually a V6 with GT500 body parts/emblems. They forgot to swap out the V6 spoiler for a GT500 one which is how I know it is a V6.

Archived