18" Silver Razors or 18" Antracite CS66s

AFBLUE

Aftermarket wheels on 08 SGT  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which look better?

• 18" Silver Razors
    • 18" Antracite CS66s

That's friggin' awesome!

IMHO - I'm partial to the Razors - but she's your baby and what sets her apart from the rest is on you.

I'm still on the fence about chrome/silver though. I keep my car very clean and hardly ever drive it since I'm only home 1 week each month every year and I live in Minnesota - that narrows my driving down to about 5 weeks a year or so!

So maybe Chrome is for me?

Happy shoe shopping AFBlue!

Trevor

Went back and edited pix in post 1. Put the photoshoped wheels on a real vista blue 08 SGT picture.

Original pictures were the black car in post 2, but with a color shift to my best guess of Vista Blue.

Add spoiler and you will be set.

I'm a spoiler delete man. Like how the SGT looks like a 66 GT 350.

Blue, I like the stock wheels. They all look awesome! I personally think if you are going to change the silver razors or then again the chrome 66's are sweet also! But it's your car and whichever you choose will look sweeeeet :D Ixna on the spoiler (you'll spoil it) :lol::lol::lol:

I'm the lone vote for the 66's Mark. With the quater window trim really harkens back to the 66. I will tell you that the quality of the Carroll Shelby wheels if outstanding. Lots of detail and a nice touch on each wheel is a small inset plaque of Carroll's signature.

It's all in the look YOU are striving for. Happy shopping! This is the fun stuff. :)

I am glad you posted pics of all three wheels , I am a big fan of the razors, however after seeing the three options, i think you are a winner without spending a dime.

My sole and honest opinion is Keep the wheels on that you have now !!

After seeing the razors it somehow flattened the sharpness and wow factor that i STILL see with the original wheels.

I wouldnt try fixin this problem cause their aint one !!

Its your choice, i just dont think you are gaining much on the appeal factor .

I am glad you posted pics of all three wheels , I am a big fan of the razors, however after seeing the three options, i think you are a winner without spending a dime.

My sole and honest opinion is Keep the wheels on that you have now !!

After seeing the razors it somehow flattened the sharpness and wow factor that i STILL see with the original wheels.

I wouldnt try fixin this problem cause their aint one !!

Its your choice, i just dont think you are gaining much on the appeal factor .

Well that is also the best choice for my wallet. :D

AFBlue,

You could always look into 20" Shelby Torq-Thrust M wheels - They almost look identical to the OEM Wheel but come in 20" and have the optional Rear size avail.

Tire Rack has them - Front: 20"X8.5" (P255/35R20) / Rear: 20"x10" (P275/35R20)

Now that I've seen them - I might decide to go chrome after all.

Somehow - I don't feel like we're helping you out much. :D

Trevor

post-5172-1148615065_thumb.jpg

AFBlue,

You could always look into 20" Shelby Torq-Thrust M wheels - They almost look identical to the OEM Wheel but come in 20" and have the optional Rear size avail.

Tire Rack has them - Front: 20"X8.5" (P255/35R20) / Rear: 20"x10" (P275/35R20)

Now that I've seen them - I might decide to go chrome after all.

Somehow - I don't feel like we're helping you out much. :D

Trevor

post-5172-1148615065_thumb.jpg

20" wheels are like drugs. Just say no to 20s. :D

I prefer the stock to those 2 choices on the blue. How about tossing on a set of the Alcoa/SS wheels for S & G's? I really love those wheels personally. Just curious how they would look on the blue.

I don't have a good angle or the shade looks off for a photoshop (i.e. it doesn't give you an accurate portrayal of how they would look) but here's some on a Vista Blue GT 500KR

http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc301/GT500VISTABLUE/

I prefer the stock to those 2 choices on the blue. How about tossing on a set of the Alcoa/SS wheels for S & G's? I really love those wheels personally. Just curious how they would look on the blue.

You know, I really want to like the CS66s. It obviously would go with my 1966 GT 350 theme/fetish. But they just don't get me excited. They are ok, but I don't look at them and go "wow! those are hot".

Plus, I bet they are a bear to clean. I think I will go with stock for now, and may look at the silver razors later.

Thanks for all your inputs.

Thanks for this thread. I have been trying to evaluate purchase of CS66s in 18" or 19". The CS66 image looks shinier than I imagined the anthracite would be. I really like the CS66 as for me it is most evocative of the classic Shelby "10 spoke".

For now I guess I will stick with the stock rims as they are beautiful and I prefer to stay with 18" for ride and handling reasons. And I think they look as good as the Razors. The main reason in my mind to consider 20s is if you need the big brakes although no question they look hot.

You know what I think would be good for Vista Blue? Deep Dish 18" bullitts. I'll photoshop some tonight or tomorrow (unless car comes and then you won't hear from me for a long time ;) )

Hi Mark,

Well, if you do that, there will be two '08s like that. I am so convinced about it that I am driving up to where pottydr lives (a few hours away) and we are going to put his deep dish Bullitts from his white SGT on my car. Pretty cool of him to offer. I will not be able to do that before he and I head to Las Vegas for the B-Day Bash. But I will get to look at them up close and personal in Las Vegas. I am convinced they will look great. Go for it. Jim

You know what I think would be good for Vista Blue? Deep Dish 18" bullitts. I'll photoshop some tonight or tomorrow (unless car comes and then you won't hear from me for a long time ;) )

I had the exact same thought. So with a lot of help from Wayne Morris Ford, I bought the American Racing Torq-thrusts 18" chrome deep dish (9" front & 10" rear) and had them and a mounted set of BF Goodrich tires shipped to SAI. The wheelset has been sitting in the Mod shop waiting for my Shelby since around mid-November. It was very important for me to have the wheels be installed on the car "at the factory".

I can't wait to so my car roll off the car carrier with them on! I've worked out with Bud to have the original Bullits and tires shipped to my house, so I'll have that set as well.

Well, if you do that, there will be two '08s like that.

So make that three Jim.

Archived