TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Hood Scoop

Hood Scoop Fix I had the new scoop put on yesterday by Big Valley Ford in Stockton and they did a very good job it looks great. The new scoop has a pad under it so it can't warp. I'm very happy Thanks SIA. They have a 08 GT500 for $5000 over MSRP.

Please elaborate on pad-material and how it is attached?

Could you please tell me procedure to have repair done I will wait till spring as my SGT is stored, Is the sccop different did they use rivets, ? Did you or dealer have to contact Shelby and if so who? Any help will avod problems in Spring Thanks

Could you please tell me procedure to have repair done I will wait till spring as my SGT is stored, Is the sccop different did they use rivets, ? Did you or dealer have to contact Shelby and if so who? Any help will avod problems in Spring Thanks

worked with John Walker at SAI and Don Adams at BVF. Don Adams who is the Body Shop Manager did the work himself so the work would be done right. I was out looking at Walnut planting for I'm going to plant 100 acres of walnuts next spring when they were puting on the scoop. All don told me was there was a pad under the scoop so it would hold it's forum. It looks very good. I'll take some pic's today and see if I'm smart enough to upload them. They would'nt let me keep the old scoop had to be sent back to SAI. It is riveted on that is why the shop manager did the job.

Glad to hear you are satisfied with the fix! this will make my wife happy knowing,that the rivet fix will work,and looks good.

We did look at an 08 SGT over the weekend,and it too had the rivet fix. It looks alot better than the original,and I believe the fix could look perfect,if the person doing the rivets has experience in that area,and avoids over-crimping the plastic.

Wondering..... in future...if someone needs to replace stripes,or paint stripes etc..... what's involved with removing riveted scoop,and would a person be better off just painting the stripe,as to not disturb the rivets?

Not related but,what's involved with doing it on a Saleen? ;)

Guys, this is the new trend----hood scoops fixed the right way------

If you have an issue, please work this through warranty

1-800-367-3788

They will contact us here at Shelby and we will get the dealership everything they need. I handled a hand full of these as I wanted to make sure that they were handled properly.

I think it's gonna be allright now. -John ;)

1-800-367-3788

They will contact us here at Shelby and we will get the dealership everything they need. I handled a hand full of these as I wanted to make sure that they were handled properly.

John-can I get the pad from SAI that is being used now? I am reattaching my scoop.

1-800-367-3788

Thanks John, Happy Holidays!

1-800-367-3788

John,

Great job on this. I know alot of us have complained about it for a long time but in the end you are standing by it and thats all we wanted. So TY very much. And if I dont see you on here before hand have a merry christmas and New Years :)

I am very excited to get mine put on next week sometime. My mechanic (at Ford) , is going to do the work himself. They don't have a body shop, but he does alot of rivet work on "side jobs" , and is completely comfortable doing this job. I trust him.

It would have been on by now, but his mother in law was ill and he had to go up north for a few weeks. Hood scoop is here and ready to go !

Glad it all worked out for you !!!!

And thanks John !!!

Sue

The Picture did not come through....I want to see this before I decide on what to do. is annoying when driving to see the scoop not adhere to the hood and if it looks as good as everone is saying, I may make the leap!

I'm on a phone line. How about I e-mail the pic's to someone with a faster connection and they upload them for me BC

I would suggest Roger or Adam. They do that all the time. You have to post the pic to somewhere that hosts it first I guess. I dont know how to do it yet so I am just going by what I was told. I am sure someone who can do it will volunteer shortly . I am anxious to see them :)

I would suggest Roger or Adam. They do that all the time. You have to post the pic to somewhere that hosts it first I guess. I dont know how to do it yet so I am just going by what I was told. I am sure someone who can do it will volunteer shortly . I am anxious to see them :)

Thanks Webba. I live In the middle of 9000 acres of wine grape and have to drive 8 mile just to get my mail.

Archived