TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dead Pedal

srf73

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/shop/...ct_detail&p=127

There was some discussion a while ago about dead pedals. Found this while surfing the Stangsunleashed forum under GT500 mods. Reports are it matches our OEM pedals.

I have the Steeda one installed but it's coming out when this one gets here :P

A Politically Correct Happy Holidays to All.

Todd

CSM1638

I have a clutch pedal, why do I need a dead pedal?

Assuming that you are serious, a dead pedal provides a place to rest your left foot when cruising, or to brace yourself with your left foot when youre taking some seriously fast corners! :rolleyes:

Assuming that you are serious, a dead pedal provides a place to rest your left foot when cruising, or to brace yourself with your left foot when youre taking some seriously fast corners! :rolleyes:

Thank you, sir.

yea you dont want to rest your foot on the clutch. "ride the clutch" as they say. :mellow:

I don't do this, and I know all the arguments of why it's bad, thanks again.

Besides, when I am into some "fast corners", I'm prolly shifting gears anyway. Otherwise, they are not so "fast" of a corner to begin with, right?

If you drive an auto tranny, a dead pedal makes sense in retaining control from the driver's seat. If not, it doesn't. But, this depends on who taught you to drive a stick-shift car, and how to drive it hard, yes?

I don't do this, and I know all the arguments of why it's bad, thanks again.

Besides, when I am into some "fast corners", I'm prolly shifting gears anyway. Otherwise, they are not so "fast" of a corner to begin with, right?

If you drive an auto tranny, a dead pedal makes sense in retaining control from the driver's seat. If not, it doesn't. But, this depends on who taught you to drive a stick-shift car, and how to drive it hard, yes?

Shifting in corners not advised :D

Archived