TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Start button kit

7ONE7

Ive got a friend with a GT500 with a Start button. He likes it and has tried talking me into putting one on my car. He had it installed at the dealer. Said it was way too much involved to do it at home. But then again this guy is about as mechanically inclined as I am. Im not, though I did install a button on the column of a 67 VW Type 2 split window a few years back.

Im not a fan of the look but to each his own. Looks a little out of place on this car for me.

I'll let you know. Ordered it and have read the installation instructions. Not for the faint of heart. Don't know if it will be done before the car goes to Vegas though. Too many other minor projects to get completed first.

LOL I looked at the installation and said no thanks :D

me too, and so far I have dealt with 3 dealers for service and they were all morons, not likely I would trust any of those mopes with my car and a project like this.

Guess you'll have th drive the car up to RI for your retrofit this spring! :D

Guess you'll have th drive he car up to RI for your retrofit this spring! :D

Roger,

I would like to schedule my 07 for the SBK-1 start button kit for the week of April 5th. Have your secretary confirm at your earliest conveience. Thanks, Rick

Ok, let me see if I have this "start button" thing right. You tear apart the interior of a $40,000 auto, cut up one of the pieces, and lose the use of a 12V outlet, just to be able to start the car with the push of a button? I guess that would be cool if it was like the Vette and you didn't have a key at all, but with this thing you still have to turn the key on. I don't get it.

I think it's too much trouble for a gimmick.

Now I am going to really show my age but – I can recall that my dad’s old Dodge truck had a push start gizmo right above the “foot feed” and I think my high school car (1946 Ford 2dr coupe – beautiful shape and one of those I wish I had back) had a push start button on the dash somewhere. Anyway, it was thought that the start button was an old fashioned item and the key/start combination was a modernizing feature back in the day. Several of the high end cars now have push button starters on the dash – sort of amusing to me.

Ok, let me see if I have this "start button" thing right. You tear apart the interior of a $40,000 auto, cut up one of the pieces, and lose the use of a 12V outlet, just to be able to start the car with the push of a button? I guess that would be cool if it was like the Vette and you didn't have a key at all, but with this thing you still have to turn the key on. I don't get it.

I think it's too much trouble for a gimmick.

109, you have a great point. I don't get it either but I'm going to do it because I like gimmicks and just think it looks cool. Stilll have the 12V port in the console. :) See what happens in winter in the Northeast, we get bored very easy. :blink:

whats a start button? how u goin to use the keys?

It is the remote starter button on the FordGT supercar. You place the keys in the ingnition, turn the car to the on position and hit the starter button for the inginion to fire.

Roger,

I would like to schedule my 07 for the SBK-1 start button kit for the week of April 5th. Have your secretary confirm at your earliest conveience. Thanks, Rick

Done, will send confirmation via e-mail. ;)

109, you have a great point. I don't get it either but I'm going to do it because I like gimmicks and just think it looks cool. Stilll have the 12V port in the console. :) See what happens in winter in the Northeast, we get bored very easy. :blink:

It is the remote starter button on the FordGT supercar. You place the keys in the ingnition, turn the car to the on position and hit the starter button for the inginion to fire.

Done, will send confirmation via e-mail. ;)

The start button is also a race car thing. I have one on a Shelby 65' Daytona Replica car. The key takes away a bit of the charm on a street car. Dodge Vipers, SRT-10 trucks, Honda S-2000 and the Nissan 350Z come with them from the factory.

It may seem kind of stupid but it's a fun option and gets attention at shows and cruise nights.

As Ross said above it's winter in the Northeast...10" of snow here in central CT yesterday. We all need to do something.

Rich

Archived