TEAM SHELBY FORUM

airbag shipping for signing

07SGT4648

Does anyone know whether the entire airbag must be sent or does the front panel separate from the airbag?

It just seems the amount of hassle to send the airbag and all the hazardous shipping papers seem to be out of reach for me. I dont want to take the airbag out unless i have all the answers first.

Does Carrol Shelby accept airbags? Or how does everyone get their dash signed.

What is the easiest way? any help greatly appreciated !!

Does anyone know whether the entire airbag must be sent or does the front panel separate from the airbag?

It just seems the amount of hassle to send the airbag and all the hazardous shipping papers seem to be out of reach for me. I dont want to take the airbag out unless i have all the answers first.

Does Carrol Shelby accept airbags? Or how does everyone get their dash signed.

What is the easiest way? any help greatly appreciated !!

Check this post:

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?s=&...indpost&p=37656

Just my usual caveat!

If you mess up the cover you CAN NOT order one. You will need to order the ENTIRE airbag assembly. I'm jealous of those that have the courage to do this but wanted to make sure you understand that before you go in and fiddle with it. I can't even get a dealer to take the silly thing off for fear of messing it up.

Just my usual caveat!

If you mess up the cover you CAN NOT order one. You will need to order the ENTIRE airbag assembly. I'm jealous of those that have the courage to do this but wanted to make sure you understand that befoer you go in and fiddle with it. I can't even get a dealer to take the silly thing off for fear of messing it up.

thanks for your advice , Is there anyone else who would discourage me from trying to attempt this for a signature? Maybe the visor would be a better option and a lot less risk.

thanks for your advice , Is there anyone else who would discourage me from trying to attempt this for a signature? Maybe the visor would be a better option and a lot less risk.

It really wasn't advice but something you should be aware of that's all. I think it's awesome to get the sig on the dash but I'm not a skilled person in thins and the thought of a $400 airbag assembly and $200 to install it was too much of a risk to me but you may be, like others here, better able to do it. I'm getting the visor done.

Archived