TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wrecked (totalled?) SGT

chilli bullitt

I was warned that the SGT can "turn on a dime", and this is an example of trying exactly that after you miss your exit on four lane blacktop...

Sad...But, you know it's going to happen.

Just hope no one was hurt.

Found a black SGT wrecked at the local Ford reapir shop this afternoon. Actually my daughter found it before I did. :lol: Can't remember the number, will stop by tomorrow to get it and the story behind it.

I posted some of the pics in this thread at IMBOC.com...

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php...004#post1779004

It got the CS Birthday "BASH" modification...

3513 or 3515 we hardly knew ya...

:(

Hummm...wonder what happens to stuff like this? I can see this getting sold at auction by the insurance co and fear the scoop, CSM plates, and badges ending up on some clone or worse a fake.

That exactly how they get cloned, totaled out cars are the way they do it. Good call Matt.

I was just thinking with how hard it is to just get the ford fender badges, does anyone think Shelby will try to get the exclusive logos back if they total the car? I don't really know a whole lot about these things, but with how bad it its to those types of things..... <_<

THANK GOD ITS ONLY A BLACK ONE THRE SO MANY OF THOSE WITH 5 SPEEDS B) :o

Ya I agree. It's only a black one, Don't need anymore of those around :P

On a more important note, hopefully no one was badly injured and lets

all remember what these cars can do!!!

(Speed & inexperience KILLS) :(

Clones can happen alot more easily with the older cars, I think that the newer records and the laser type vin plates combined with the bar coded sickers would make it much more difficult now. Also there was a post awhile back about the guys in Vegas signing the car in a secret spot. Besides it will be a good amount of years where cloning would even make sense from bad guys profit prospective. Hey Chilli maybe she just decided to get her poop in a group, sucks she wrecked the car. Bummer.

Boy am I feeling dumb, I have just recently looked at my vin tag and it is stamped and riveted in place, not unlike my 56.....maybe a vin switch/clone shelby would be easy after all. I really hope there is alot of hidden etched stuff on the cars to prevent future misdeeds. Like the vintage ferraris with duplicate numbers and people suing each other over who has the "real" car.

Wow, that car has some significant damage, I would assume there's some frame involvement. I imagine it will be a total.

Yep. Had a 2000 GT get hit like that (parked on the side of the road, rearended by an '84 Caddy going 35 mph, pushed under the pickup truck parked in front of it, which was pushed into the truck in front of it...). Frame was all screwed up, but State Farm insisted on repairing it (was 6 months old when it happened). After 4 separate trips to the frame machine, 2 months in the bodyshop, $12K in repairs, $2.5K loss of value, and the rental Thunderbird, I drove it across the street and traded it in on a 2001 BMW 325. You can't "fix" that kind of damage.

Hate to say it, but that one's better off gone...

Boy am I feeling dumb, I have just recently looked at my vin tag and it is stamped and riveted in place, not unlike my 56.....maybe a vin switch/clone shelby would be easy after all. I really hope there is alot of hidden etched stuff on the cars to prevent future misdeeds. Like the vintage ferraris with duplicate numbers and people suing each other over who has the "real" car.

Someone with a black 2007 Mustang GT/CS already has the front facia, side scoops, rear diffuser...

...but nicer seats.

And so the Dawn of a new Registry begins....! a long process that will take years of entries such as this that will continue the mystique attached to these cxars at birth. a tedious task indeed.

Wow you have a mean stable of killer cars!!

I read Sports Car Market Magazine religiously and man the mystique around special cars is amazing entertainment.

Archived