TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Car Covers

Stephen Takach

I was just wondering what GT-H owners are doing for car covers. I know Ford offers one for the GT 500 but wondered what works well. I've googled car covers and there's alot on the market. I've always heard of California Car Covers. My car is garage kept not outdoors. Any input bad or good would be appreciated.

Stephen #417 Texas

Hi, I have one from california car cover,it is actually the third one I have from them and like it alot no problems with any, the gt500 pattern works and fits great.. I bought the plushweave in black with my gt-h # embroidered on it. It is made for indoors and they have all other types. price around 300. with embroidery, bag, etc, it is super soft on the paint side.

I also purchased a California Car Cover. I bought the Plushweave and the car stays in the garage. This cover will work outside if you were to leave the car outside for a night or two during a show and repel mist or dew, etc. These covers are gurenteed not to scratch the paint and fit good. Nice flannel underside.

www.calcarcover.com

1-800-423-5525

The majority of custom car covers out there are made by CoverCraft including the ones CCC sells.

One of the lowest priced retailers with free shipping is Autoanything.com but that is only if you live outside of California because of sales tax.

If you live in California I've found bigskycarcovers.com to have the same low price as autoanything but with no sales tax because they are located in Montana so for CA residents they are the lowest price.

All covers are direct shipped from CoverCrafts Oklahoma manufacturing plant so it doesn't really matter what retailer you purchase from as the delivery time is the same for all of them.

If you are going to be using the cover outside go for the most expensive material you can afford with Sunbrella being the best. I would not go any lower than the Noah material or you'll be purchasing another cover in two years or less.

And although car covers can now be had in many different colors I've found the light gray color to be the best at reflecting the sun which reduces heat build up in your Shelbys interior.

Steve

I was just wondering what GT-H owners are doing for car covers. I know Ford offers one for the GT 500 but wondered what works well. I've googled car covers and there's alot on the market. I've always heard of California Car Covers. My car is garage kept not outdoors. Any input bad or good would be appreciated.

Stephen #417 Texas

Thanks for puting up this post !! Thanks to your question, i got answers for myself. I just went to the california car cover web site and found a plush cover for $199 free shipping in grey I also deleted the cccc logo and added the shelby snake. Underneath the snake i have embroidered SGT 4648 .

this cover is the flannel type, advertised as very soft. I bought the car cover and a california duster all for

$264.00 But they said i wouldnt see it until the second week of January due to the fact of the holiday rush and it being custom made.

Anyways thanks to all that posted !!!

• 6 months later...
Thanks for puting up this post !! Thanks to your question, i got answers for myself. I just went to the california car cover web site and found a plush cover for $199 free shipping in grey I also deleted the cccc logo and added the shelby snake. Underneath the snake i have embroidered SGT 4648 .

this cover is the flannel type, advertised as very soft. I bought the car cover and a california duster all for

$264.00 But they said i wouldnt see it until the second week of January due to the fact of the holiday rush and it being custom made.

Anyways thanks to all that posted !!!

I saw this topic pop back up again and wanted tell that I ended up buying the Califonia Car Cover Dust top Cover. I've been using is about 6 months and am very pleased with my selection. I also had my letters embroidered and opted for the Shelby Snake on the front. It was around $260 out the door. The only piece of advice I would give people is if you havn't used a cover in the past make sure you wipe down the wheels/rubber before you put the cover on. That seems to be the place where I pick up dirt on my cover.

SVT

Hertz GT-H #417

08 GT500 Vapor

• 4 years later...

Wondering if any of you have had trouble fitting the "satin Stretch" type lycra form fitting covers over your GT-H hoods with the GT-H fascia. I've noticed that some companies have a GT/CS pattern - not sure if that will fit the hood?? Also, my car will have a GT500 rear wing, so perhaps the GT500 pattern cover would work best? Has anybody tried the GT500 covers on a GT-H and if so, how does the front end fit?

Wondering if any of you have had trouble fitting the "satin Stretch" type lycra form fitting covers over your GT-H hoods with the GT-H fascia. I've noticed that some companies have a GT/CS pattern - not sure if that will fit the hood?? Also, my car will have a GT500 rear wing, so perhaps the GT500 pattern cover would work best? Has anybody tried the GT500 covers on a GT-H and if so, how does the front end fit?

I've got the GT500 cover on my 07 GT-H. I'll go out to the garage, take a look and get back to you on how it fits.

QSS

Just had a look at my GT-H and the GT500 cover fits good. It covers the front fascia no problem and the overall fit seams really good . I have the factory spoiler on my car and it fits over it nicely. Based on how it fits and looks on my car, I would go for it.

The reason I have this cover on my car is that I used to own a 2008 GT500 and I had the cover for that car. When I sold the car I kept the cover and put it on my GT-H. It looks good and I like the big S H E L B Y across the trunk section of the cover.

Hope this helps.

QSS

Mine just sits in the garage so it keeps the dust off ok.

All I use mine for is to keep the dust off and this cover works well and the Snake and SHELBY does indeed look cool. If you are looking for weather resistance or some impact resistance, this is probably not the car cover for you.

QSS

GaryF - there is no covercraft cover made for the GT-H. Did you get the GT500 cover? Do you have a photo to share how well it fits?

Get the one for the Cal Special. Same nose, same rear spoiler. When my father in law got me one for my birthday a few years ago, that is the one they gave him when he called them. They knew exactly what was needed. It fits absolutely perfect. It has extra material which fits the rear spoiler perfectly and also the front facia.

I just went to the web site and see they don't have that listed. So maybe best to call them. Maybe they use the same one as the Saleen or the GT500. They are very custom fitted, so not sure which one to choose on the web sited. Definitely go with the mirror pockets. That helps it fit much better. Also makes it easier to put on. I fit one side mirror, then the other, then it doesn not slide on you as you do the rest.

Archived