TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Good news/Bad news

RogerS

Well I am very excited. Changed out the steering wheel tonight. The carbon fiber GT500 retro fit looks pretty good. Not really a big deal at all. Just a little time and patience along with following the tech bulletins on proper removal of the air bag and steering wheel. Now just need the CS Supercharged horn button. Hint. :) That's the good news.

Here are some before and after pics:

Before:

SteeringWheelinstall002.jpg

SteeringWheelinstall001.jpg

After:

SteeringWheelinstall003.jpg

SteeringWheelinstall004.jpg

SteeringWheelinstall005.jpg

SteeringWheelinstall006.jpg

Now the bad:

While I'm changing the steering wheel I look down near the drivers front fender on the garage floor and find a puddle under the directional light. :huh: Thought it may have been water but I'm thinking from what? I have not had the car out except for a short ride to Tasca Ford on Thursday.

Looks like the Whipple Intercooler pump connections have loosened and are leaking fluid. Both the radiatior and intercooler tanks are low on fluid. Need to check more tomorrow. I'm also going to pull the dipstick, just in case. Seems like for the small amount of fluid on the floor there is much more missing from both tanks. This might not be a good thing. Got to get it checked fast. This cars is going to Vegas in 3 weeks :o

Looks great! I see you still have the dealer prep plastic on the floor. Just a word of caution. I bought some brand new mats for my Mustang convertible (now gone) to have as a spare with that covering affixed to them. They sat boxed for about two or three years until I finally unpackaged them. WhenI removed that plastic, over time the adhesive backing had sort of settled onto the fabric and left it a little bit sticky. And this was stored in my basement. If that car sits in the sun a lot, I would not want you to experience the same thing. Just a word from my experience.

Looks great! I see you still have the dealer prep plastic on the floor. Just a word of caution. I bought some brand new mats for my Mustang convertible (now gone) to have as a spare with that covering affixed to them. They sat boxed for about two or three years until I finally unpackaged them. WhenI removed that plastic, over time the adhesive backing had sort of settled onto the fabric and left it a little bit sticky. And this was stored in my basement. If that car sits in the sun a lot, I would not want you to experience the same thing. Just a word from my experience.

Thanks North, car sits in a garage. I think it's been in the sun twice since it arrived in October. They will come off this weekend. I just have not had the time to get to the complete interior detail since receiving the car. Great information. Thanks again.

Roger, Steering wheel looks awesome!! About the leak, I guess you could put it on a semi and send it back to Vegas. :lol: I'm sure it's something simple. If it's a serious issue at least you're heading in the right direction.

Good luck, keep us posted

Dave

PS. I'm given all of you fair warning, I'll be packing V-6 POWER. WOO-HOO. Don't know if I can handle it. :P I'll be giving rides (back to the hotel) :blink:

Roger, Steering wheel looks awesome!! About the leak, I guess you could put it on a semi and send it back to Vegas. :lol: I'm sure it's something simple. If it's a serious issue at least you're heading in the right direction.

Dave

PS. I'm given all of you fair warning, I'll be packing V-6 POWER. WOO-HOO. Don't know if I can handle it. :P I'll be giving rides (back to the hotel) :blink:

I'm hoping not very serious. I'll take a ride and I think maybe my side kick! LMAO!

About the leak, I guess you could put it on a semi and send it back to Vegas. :lol: I'm sure it's something simple. If it's a serious issue at least you're heading in the right direction.

Dave

The intercooler system is not pressurized, so, just check all your hose clamps and refill. I used an 80/20 percent distilled water/"Water-Wetter" solution on my last water-to-air intercooler, and "pink" on the garage floor told me when and where something was leaking.

Sometimes, it's an "easy button" solution...

It seems to be the crimp clamps. Just going to be a little difficult to get at them. We will tackle it in the AM. Water Wetter is recommended as an additive in the Whipple installation manual. 2 bottles with a 50/50 mix for the HO version. Not pink on my floor, yellow.

Well I am very excited. Changed out the steering wheel tonight. The carbon fiber GT500 retro fit looks pretty good. Not really a big deal at all. Just a little time and patience along with following the tech bulletins on proper removal of the air bag and steering wheel. Now just need the CS Supercharged horn button. Hint. :) That's the good news.

Here are some before and after pics:

Before:

SteeringWheelinstall002.jpg

SteeringWheelinstall001.jpg

After:

SteeringWheelinstall003.jpg

SteeringWheelinstall004.jpg

SteeringWheelinstall005.jpg

SteeringWheelinstall006.jpg

Now the bad:

While I'm changing the steering wheel I look down near the drivers front fender on the garage floor and find a puddle under the directional light. :huh: Thought it may have been water but I'm thinking from what? I have not had the car out except for a short ride to Tasca Ford on Thursday.

Looks like the Whipple Intercooler pump connections have loosened and are leaking fluid. Both the radiatior and intercooler tanks are low on fluid. Need to check more tomorrow. I'm also going to pull the dipstick, just in case. Seems like for the small amount of fluid on the floor there is much more missing from both tanks. This might not be a good thing. Got to get it checked fast. This cars is going to Vegas in 3 weeks :o

Steering wheel looks great but you spooked me w/ the intercooler leak. I'll be checking mine tomorrow. Also have some minor belt noise; don't know if it's the cold weather or minor belt alignment issues. Another thing to check. Had the car out tonight. The wheels spin easy on cold pavement forcing the traction control to kick in real fast. I kind of like the traction control; it keeps me on the road and out of trouble. Rick

Thw wheel looks great. Its going to look sexy as hell with the horn button. We will get it for you as a retirement gift cause thats how long it will be before we all make up our minds on what we want and let SAI make it :)

Thw wheel looks great. Its going to look sexy as hell with the horn button. We will get it for you as a retirement gift cause thats how long it will be before we all make up our minds on what we want and let SAI make it :)

:lol::lol::lol:

Really nice Roger!! How does the driving feel this time?

Most of my driving is in the 3 & 9 positions. The rear side of the wheel has very subtle finger rests that you need to feel because you cannot see them. It is not as soft as the leather wheel but it does feel pretty secure. We will find out in Vegas when I hit the track though.

I like it Roger, are you going to stay with the black spokes or add the brushed aluminum covers? Also, I thought you were getting a wood wheel, what changed your mind?

Thanks Mike, leaving it just as is. Decided aginst the wood after I looked at the prototype of this wheel. Other suprises also when you see it in the spring. I beilive it will be the A&W cruise in early spring by NEBOC.

Did you get the CS69's?

It seems to be the crimp clamps. Just going to be a little difficult to get at them. We will tackle it in the AM. Water Wetter is recommended as an additive in the Whipple installation manual. 2 bottles with a 50/50 mix for the HO version. Not pink on my floor, yellow.

awwwwwww it peepeed. it needs diapers.

:):lol:

yea get that leak fixed. u dont want to nuke your motor.

I'm getting ready now to see if santa brought the wheels, if not I'll be ordering them Wed. :D You should check out the Oakland beach cruise on Tuesdays this coming season. Nicer location than A&W and closer to the house so less gas. Merry Christmas!

I hope Santa was good to you! :D

I think I will try the Beach this year. Just down the street for me.

Merry Christmas to you also.

Archived