TEAM SHELBY FORUM

fuel tax for Ontario buyers

shelbang

I should be getting my car soon and would like to know how much you guys from Ontario Canada paid for the "fuel surcharge " or "gas guzzler tax" . I was told that it may be $75 or $200 but nothing like $1200. Please enlighten me on this charge. Thanks

Here's a LINK to the Ontario 'Tax for Fuel Conservation' Rating Guide.

http://www.trd.fin.gov.on.ca/userfiles/HTM..._3_19289_1.html

There is no 2007 rating yet applied to the Shelby. However, if you Click on the 'Retail Sales Tax Guide 513 - Tax for Fuel Conservation' and refer to my Shelby Window Sticker of 10.1L/100km, you'll see that the GG Tax for the 2007 Shelby will indeed be $1200 in Ontario. :shrug:

Thanks guys, however that's very discouraging! .2 of a liter eh, you would think they would have a buffer or consideration for gears, rev. limiter devices, traction or dtability control etc. that are standard on the car. Comparing 2006 model years from link by 07 Shelby, an Expidition with a 5.4 L 4x4 is $ 800. Other SUV's go for $200.

I dunno ? o7 Shelby said he might have a refund coming. Let me know if and when that happens.

Nah, a Tax is Never worth it. Especially a Legacy from Bob Ray and the NDP! ;)

Can't argue with that!

If you think about it we're all getting that little bit back. With the GST dropping and the car being priced out loaded at about 62K-65K We get back about $650 bucks. I'll take it! It'll pay for my new plates just ordered them!

Hows the car Dave....bummed out you didn't make it to Brampton! When can you visit, I'm seriously thinking of changing my colors...

Cheers,

Barry

Can't argue with that!

If you think about it we're all getting that little bit back. With the GST dropping and the car being priced out loaded at about 62K-65K We get back about $650 bucks. I'll take it! It'll pay for my new plates just ordered them!

Hows the car Dave....bummed out you didn't make it to Brampton! When can you visit, I'm seriously thinking of changing my colors...

Cheers,

Barry

Hey Barry, the car rides Great! I tell you, for a 500hp car she idles sooo smooth. Open the hood and it's so docile it's crazy. The exhaust just kinda' burbles. Quiet but throaty. A very refined car for a Ford! After I picked her up Friday night I had to go straight to work. When I got home Saturday morning I finished cleaning the Garage and parked her. We had a very short, 10 minute 4 inch, torential rain Saturday afternoon. Our new pool was filled with a slurry of topsoil and clay. So between working, cleaning the pool and laying a new swale to redirect runoff, I'm embarassed to say that I haven't gone for a ride since that Saturday morning!!

Hey Barry, the car rides Great! I tell you, for a 500hp car she idles sooo smooth. Open the hood and it's so docile it's crazy. The exhaust just kinda' burbles. Quiet but throaty. A very refined car for a Ford! After I picked her up Friday night I had to go straight to work. When I got home Saturday morning I finished cleaning the Garage and parked her. We had a very short, 10 minute 4 inch, torential rain Saturday afternoon. Our new pool was filled with a slurry of topsoil and clay. So between working, cleaning the pool and laying a new swale to redirect runoff, I'm embarassed to say that I haven't gone for a ride since that Saturday morning!!

I can top that Dave, Drove the Shelby home Saturday ( 25 km ) and put it in the garage. They had put so much of the tire shine on it had sprayed both sides of the car. Took it out of the garage Sunday to wash and found the front air dam badly damaged. I had inspected it with the prep guy and it was find then. I had asked that it not be driven but there was 8 km more on the car when I picked it up. They said they had to take it to fill the tank. I am not driving it till I can get back to them to show them the damage.

I can top that Dave, Drove the Shelby home Saturday ( 25 km ) and put it in the garage. They had put so much of the tire shine on it had sprayed both sides of the car. Took it out of the garage Sunday to wash and found the front air dam badly damaged. I had inspected it with the prep guy and it was find then. I had asked that it not be driven but there was 8 km more on the car when I picked it up. They said they had to take it to fill the tank. I am not driving it till I can get back to them to show them the damage.

Sorry to hear this. After waiting all this time to get the car too.

Please let us know if there are any other issues that you find. I have heard through these forums that indeed the spoiler has seen the most damage but someone also posted that their wheels had been scuffed or scraped too. If you find any more damage underneath the car please let us know.

I plan to trailer mine home myself so the guy loading the car is the same guy paying for it not too worried about damage!

I have asked the dealer not to PDI the vehicle prior to my arrival with camera in hand. I would prefer to fly in & drive back (More fun!), but if there is damage to the car I will be stuck waiting for parts or have to fly back more $$$ I have composed a check list that I will be e-mailing to my sales rep about do's and don'ts

Ouch...So this happened after the inspection? I thought you were supposed to take the car home after the inspection? how did they drive it around for 8 more KM's? Sorry if the questions seem dumb just confused as I thought the inspection was something you did just before you drove it off the lot and took it home.

Let us know how this works out, I suspect you may have a problem not sure the dealer is likely to do much if you had already gone through the inspection but I hope so for your sake. I understand how these things need to be just so.

Cheers,

Barry

Saturday was messed up, Serious Rain in patches all over Ontario and dead on 100 degree sunshine in others. We Sat on my buddies deck drinking beer and watched the crazy weather change every hour...no wonder the weather guy can't get it right mother nature's not sure either.

If ever you need a place to visit or an end destination there's a little 5 year old that lives here and keeps telling me I picked the wrong color and that the car should be red with White Stripes. (With a smile) I keep telling him the Blue one with White Stripes costs less. He reminds me I need a better job :doh:

Weeks looking good for driving!

Seeing as we're living vicariously through you guys with cars keep the info coming!

Back on topic, If I drive a couple customers around can I write off the vehicle or some of the taxes as a business expense?? :headscratch:

Cheers,

Barry

They better fix it. Keep us posted in how you make out.

Took the Shelby back to the dealer to look at the damage and he went to parts and said to order me a new air dam . They said that the part would be in tomorrow. I did ask what the cost was for the part and he said $88 . I am not paying for the repair but its good to know the part does not cost much because there will be others with the same problem.

Archived