TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Caroll Shelby responds to SAAC

6T6Mustang_merged

Thank you, this clears the air, for now.

Now I feel rather stupid for recently joining SAAC. In fact, my membership kit just arrived yesterday, and I was going to post about it's contents.

Now, I think I'll just stay out of it all and watch where this goes.

I would NOT join the SAAC now. Money changes people sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad. This is clearly a "money" thing and if it wasn't they would give him back his stuff immediately. They should have, years ago, negotiated a contract before Shelby started getting extremely wealthy again, they obviously did not. They probabaly thought he'd die without doing anything and they would get the SAAC because they ran it so long. But when Ms. Amy came on board she made Mr. Shelby aware of everything that was rightfully his and was monetarily valuable to him and his family. Now he see the light and the company is being brought into 2007 instead of being run like it was in the 1970's through the 1990's! Business war is a terrible thing and what was once a friendship is now business, and he wants it back and I am sure he'll end up getting it though it may take years for it to unfold. Too bad it had to end this way but it is his name and his legacy to do with what ever he wants -

Thank you, this clears the air, for now.

Now I feel rather stupid for recently joining SAAC. In fact, my membership kit just arrived yesterday, and I was going to post about it's contents.

Now, I think I'll just stay out of it all and watch where this goes.

I signed up for SAAC almost a year ago and have received two newsletters in the last year. I think the best thing in the new member contents was the sticker. :rolleyes:

I appreciate that Shelby and Shelby Licensing added some background information about the relationship between SAAC and CSL. Sheds quite a bit of light on each side's position, especially the initial suggestion by the SAAC owners that no licensing agreement even existed (oh yeah, you mean that contract we signed?).

What were the contents?

Okay, you asked...I got;

1) One copy of "The Shelby American" a glossy magazine, issue #75. No publication date, but the cover has 4 GT-H cars on a road track, all wearing "Car and Driver" decals. The last page contains a press release dated 1 Feb. 2007, therein announcing the SAAC aquisition of SVTOA. I read this 80 pager and enjoyed it. Several good articles, most of which often cite SAAC's access/cooperation to/with SAI for original documentation.

2) One 2-1/4" Mylar SAAC decal, in red white and blue.

3) One credit card size membership identification card. No identification, no control number, but the expiration date is clearly stated, punched out like one of those punch cards from a video store or car wash where 12 rentals/visits gets you one free. Since it's not personalized to me, anyone can use it for whatever value it represents.

4) Half-a-dozen back issues of a typical club newspaper, the most recent is dated "#111-September 2007". I kept this one, the others went into the trash as they were back-dated so long ago, they didn't mean much to me. This did indicate to me that this newspaper is printed/mailed quarterly, the oldest was October of 2005.

5) Multiple solicitations for miscellaneous vendors including collector car insurance, accessories and professional appraisal, many of which have also have ads in the glossy magaizne.

6) Multiple vehicle registration forms for the official SAAC registery which include 2006 SGT-H and 2007 SGT, as well as every other automobile ever bearing the Shelby name.

7) One 8.5X11.0" membership certificate suitable for framing, after you stencil in your own name.

8) One 1.0X3.0" SAAC two color dash plaque dated "2007".

9) One 2007 Ford Racing Performance Parts digital catalogue. I presume this is in DVD format.

10) One introduction "welcome" letter signed by National club leaders Rick Kopec, Ken Eber and Howard Paradee, single sided.

11) One two page "SAAC Fact Sheet" in yellow, double sided for a total of four pages, listing all Regional directors and how to contact them. Again, anything ever wearing a Shelby name is covered.

12) Last, but not the least, an order form for "SAAC stuff" mostly unrelated to the newer Shelby products, including back issues of the magazine, "The Shelby American". My included issue (#75) is on this list. The rest of it is divided up by tee shirts (2008 listed), movie posters, movie poster post cards, lapel pins, embroidered patches, more Mylar decals in two sizes, membership dash plaques from 1975 through 2007, National "convention" dash plaques from #4 through #32. Plus, the infamous "National registry" (which seems to be the heart of this licensing agreement). The only offering is dated "1997", thus, I presume it is indeed 10 years old at this time. What good will this do many of us newer Shelby owners? Dunno...

Anyway, this is what I got for my 47 bucks, about 3 weeks after signing up.

Oh, and BTW, the sales reciept is from "Shelby American" in Westbury MA. 02535

Well, that's about it. I won't proclaim this a win/lose situation, y'all make up your own minds.

My opinion....Carroll Shelby has no reason to lie,esp at this stage of his life. Sounds as if someone or a few,took advantage of his "name" and used it to promote a club,that made a profit for obviously,someone.

That kinda BS pisses me off,and I do sincerly hope,that Mr. Shelby and his family,get everything returned,that's RIGHTFULLY his! It's a shame that lawyers have to be involved.

What is the shame here is that the collateral damage is the members of a fine club who did not know all of what was going on. If there is justice, those members will still have a place they can call home and where they can continue to enjoy their passion for the cars Mr. Shelby built and, at the same time, continue to help others. Those members deserve nothing less.

And, as for those lawyers, sometimes you need them. :) Jim

I'll certainly support the new club!! It's actually long overdue. A club that encompasses all of his cars. As he says in the release "to link all of those enthusiasts into one “dream garage” populated with Super Snakes, Hertz cars, Cobra's, supercharged Shelby GT's, Mustang GT's with Shelby performance parts, Series 1's, GLH's, Vipers and GT500's. Thus, Team Shelby was born." :D

Guys, its a shame this has happened. Sometimes the smallest things left unattended turn into the biggest mess.

Each side has an opinion, each side has their reasonings. We need to all move on and do what really is import.ant...Enjoying the cars, I hope to meet many of you at the shelby birthday bash!!!!!!!!

Amy

Just sent this email to the SAAC - Western Canada Region:

To whom it may concern,

My name is Todd XXXXX in Maple Ridge, BC. I own a 2007 (black with silver stripes) Shelby GT. Last summer I applied for membership, sent in my membership dues - attended the Hallmark Ford - SAAC-sponsored event (and won a 1st Place trophy!).

However, to date I have not received one bit of correspondence. No membership package. No emails regarding meetings, events, or otherwise.

As I attended the Fall Port Coquitlam Summer Show & Shine, I spoke with several members. I even spoke with the club Secretary who promised to send me out some materials, including the latest newsletter. To date –- NOTHING!

To this, I would hereby request a return of my paid membership dues.

No big deal. But only a “"fair and reasonable request"” under the circumstances.

I would hope that you all would be so kind as to agree?

Below is my name and mailing address. I will ask that my fees be refunded by mail by the end of the year if you wouldn't mind.

Thank you.

---------------------------------

Well....that's my feelings on the subject!

:P

:angry:

come on......come visit saturday then... or drive with us sunday to BJ for that event :)

Sooo...are you saying I could get a ticket to the birthday bash if I show up in Vegas? Is anyone willing to "babysit " me out there if I come alone? ( my husband doesn't like me in Vegas alone haha )

I think I could get a room at a friends hotel on the strip.

I would just need a "ride" to SAI and the events. I can't bring Ralph all the way from Florida.

Sooo...are you saying I could get a ticket to the birthday bash if I show up in Vegas? Is anyone willing to "babysit " me out there if I come alone? ( my husband doesn't like me in Vegas alone haha )

I think I could get a room at a friends hotel on the strip.

I would just need a "ride" to SAI and the events. I can't bring Ralph all the way from Florida.

I'll baby sit you..

<_<

Amy said that they had some tickets to the event only for press, VIPs etc., so there are some left over if you want to to just go for that with no hotel etc.

PM me if you're serious about going, there are a lot of us going to be there so I'm sure you'll have plenty of us around to make sure you're ok and get where you need to be.

:)

I'm sure I speak for all of us that it would REALLY be nice to meet you!

I'll baby sit you..

<_<

Amy said that they had some tickets to the event only for press, VIPs etc., so there are some left over if you want to to just go for that with no hotel etc.

PM me if you're serious about going, there are a lot of us going to be there so I'm sure you'll have plenty of us around to make sure you're ok and get where you need to be.

:)

I'm sure I speak for all of us that it would REALLY be nice to meet you!

ohhhh man...this is so tempting... I will email Amy and see what my chances are of getting a ticket for the party. I would love to meet everyone as well !

Thanks !

ohhhh man...this is so tempting... I will email Amy and see what my chances are of getting a ticket for the party. I would love to meet everyone as well ! Thanks !

Tempting? Maybe we could smuggle you in as the security officer in charge of Adam's and Roger's cars. ;) Who would doubt they would have such a person? :lol: Jim

I GOT IT !!!!

I am a nurse...I can be the Shelby Team Nurse for the event !!!! I can nurse hangovers, scrapes, out of control Shelby fans........you name it, I can do it !!!!

I think that should get me an exclusive pass to all the events ! :lol: :P

Will work for event tickets !! :P

I GOT IT !!!!

I am a nurse...I can be the Shelby Team Nurse for the event !!!! I can nurse hangovers, scrapes, out of control Shelby fans........you name it, I can do it !!!!

I think that should get me an exclusive pass to all the events ! :lol: :P

Will work for event tickets !! :P

Amy, Sue is right. We need our own medical person at these activities. Just think of those who are going to faint dead away when they finally meet Mr. Shelby and you, let alone when then get their cars out on the track. It appears to be a matter of public safety that Sue be there. Plus, we owners are picky -- we do not want just anyone picking us up off the floor. This is a NEED and not a want. ;) Jim

I have no objections to Sue being the official B-day nurse. The only clause to that is,she CANNOT do CPR,or at minimum,do mouth to mouth on a tall-techie type,male,40 years or younger. I can attest to her mouth to mouth skillz,and using a single adjective...OUTSTANDING!

On a serious note,she really is a great person,and what I view as a true nurse.....caring! She's a very out-going person,and will talk your ear off,if you let her lol :)

P.S. She's a top-notch cardiac nurse,knows everything there is to know,she's very well respected by her staff,and the doctors/surgeons.

Autoplay, we are so not going there with you "testament to her mouth to mouth".....lol

Sdear, here is what I have , I have to talk to Sharon, she will let me know what is avaialable, but, I have tickets for saturday track and show, and saturday nite. Friday is sold. I also have tickets for monday nite at Barrett Jackson event

Let m eknow your thoughts, If anyone is interested, email Sharon and I will go over it all with her

Amy

Thank you thank you....just ignore Auto...I do ..and it works most of the time :P

I will email Sharon and let her know my scoop...but if I can't get in Friday, not sure I would make the trip. Afterall, that will be such a highlight of the whole event !

I am still hoping maybe someone would sell me half as their guest??? I am sure Auto wouldn't mind me shacking up with some cute guy for a few nights :P :D :D

I will do ANYTHING to get tickets now !!!

Archived