TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS6 Hood Fitment Issues Pics request

07SGT0057

I have the fender issue. About a 8-12" portion where the hood is higher then the fender. It is just about in the middle on each side. I haven't noticed the headlights. I can't take pictures today but will try to remember

Thanks Socal. I have that problem too where the hood is a little higher than the fender but only on the passenger side, the driver side is actually lower. It's hard to notice so it's alright I guess, but did you get yours fixed? or you just let it be?

Lawrence,

They do require tweaking for proper fitmement. I will get a pic of mine later this evening so you can take a look.

Roger

Thanks Roger. I think it's too late for me to tweak the hood because the body shop already drilled holes on the hood for the hood pins. I can't beleive this hood did not come with at least holes for the washer nozles.

Will someone be nice enough to take pics of their CS6 hood where the problems are? I just got mine installed and painted but it does not allign well with the fenders on where the headlights are. Is this common?

Thanks,

Lawrence

Lawrence,you can look our hood in photobucket link below enlarge pics hope this helps.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I actually need a closer pic of the areas where I circled on the attached pic because thats where my fitment issue concern is.

Lawrence, This is a camera phone pic, but hopefully its better. Otherwise e-mail me- Dcalkins61@msn.com, I can send you larger pics.

post-4943-1148588921_thumb.jpg

Lawrence

Here are the photo's. As far as gaps front to back they are perfect on this hood. There are also no buldges etc. front to rear. I does appear that the front fenders have been shimmed or moved to create a perfect line. I do believe the headlight area from side to side, if that is what you are refering to, is a product of the hood mold. This one, from what I can see, is close to perfect as you could get. But it does look like the drivers side front sits a little lower than the passengers side front just over the lights.

CShood003.jpg

CShood002.jpg

CShood001.jpg

CShood005.jpg

Dave...where did you find the Shelby GT chair's ?

Also, what wax do you use? Your car looks great.

Thanks,

Sue

Sue, Thank you. As far as the wax, I use Turtle Wax Ice and Black Magic detail spray. I have had really good results with both. And yes I spend a lot of time on it, because I'm the detail boy! :lol: Actually I can get quite anal about it. As far as the chairs, we had those custom made for us. You can't buy them. Although I like to see SAI carry this kind of stuff. They really set the car off at the shows.

Dave

Lawrence,

I do have the issues and I think I see what you might be concerned about at the headlights. My hood actually extends further down then the small fender area that wraps around. I will get you pictures by Sunday noght at the latest. i have to work tomorrow and prep for autocross on Sunday.

I didn't get it fixed. The couple of times I mentioned it to a SAI employee I was basically told that they are fiberglass hoods and they will be imperfect. Also that if they could do anything it would require sending the car back. I don't like the answer. I don't know maybe I should bring it up again. If I ever get my original hood delivered, I may swap them out and box up the CS hood for posterity. That's assuming my hood scoop doesn't have issues as well.

Chris

Do you think this problem is correctable? I've ordered the CS6 hood, I wonder if when I pick the car up at SAI if they'll be able to fix the hood if it's not right.

I rechecked my alignment at the lights and it appears that it is not as bad at the pictures look. It is pretty darn good. I am sure you will not have an issue if it is being done at SAI. They are well aware of the fitment issues and work very hard to send them out right. I speak from experience.

Lawrence

Here are the photo's. As far as gaps front to back they are perfect on this hood. There are also no buldges etc. front to rear. I does appear that the front fenders have been shimmed or moved to create a perfect line. I do believe the headlight area from side to side, if that is what you are refering to, is a product of the hood mold. This one, from what I can see, is close to perfect as you could get. But it does look like the drivers side front sits a little lower than the passengers side front just over the lights.

CShood003.jpg

CShood002.jpg

CShood001.jpg

CShood005.jpg

Hey Ross, thanks for taking the time to get those pics. My allignment issue is that the end of the hood is shorter than the fenders. So the end of the fenders are kinda sticking out because they are longer. From your pics, it looks like they align perfectly on their ends. I hate to ask for more but if you just have some time, can you take pics from the top? kinda like looking down so the picture shows where the hood and fender ends. I'm getting my car from the body shop on wednesday. It's the only time I can really show you guys what I mean. Good thing is, the crease between the hood and fender is lined properly.

Lawrence,

I do have the issues and I think I see what you might be concerned about at the headlights. My hood actually extends further down then the small fender area that wraps around. I will get you pictures by Sunday noght at the latest. i have to work tomorrow and prep for autocross on Sunday.

I didn't get it fixed. The couple of times I mentioned it to a SAI employee I was basically told that they are fiberglass hoods and they will be imperfect. Also that if they could do anything it would require sending the car back. I don't like the answer. I don't know maybe I should bring it up again. If I ever get my original hood delivered, I may swap them out and box up the CS hood for posterity. That's assuming my hood scoop doesn't have issues as well.

Chris

Your hood extends further? <bleep> mine is actually shorter, so it looks like the fenders extends further. Whenever you have time to take pics Chris is cool.

So you're thinking of switching back to your stock hood? My car was in an accident and I had to replace the hood, and I thought I was switching to a better hood :unsure: I got to admit though, it does look nicer in person. Only if they fit right it would have been perfect!

No I don't think is fixable without replacement. To align the headlights would reruire raising the hood or lowering the fender and that would cause other problems. I am going to send the pictures I take for Lawrence and see what happens.

I agree and it's what the body shop told me too. They do not want to mess with the fenders or the lights because they fit correctly.

On a side note, I need some advice. Well the hood didn't come with the washer nozle holes. The body shop told me that they can get an after market nozles that can be installed on the plastic drainage below the windshield. Would you go for the nozles on the hood? or the after market to get the clean look?

If you want to eliminate the washer nozzels on the hood try this

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/shop/...ct_detail&p=113

But the hood that comes from SAI has the nozzles in the factory location. It does look like they add a short additional piece of hose though, under the hood.

I will get pics later today from the top for you.

I got my CS6 hood over a year ago when they first starting producing them. I had clearance issues with my SC and SAI swapped the hood for a different one but it was the same. Made the modifications to fit the SC but I also had the alignment issues. The gap on one side was wider then the other and the hood was taller the the fender at the centers as shown in these pics. compared to the stock hood.

CSHoodC-2.jpg

CSHoodC-1.jpg

My fenders where not shimmed from the bodyshop so I did it myself with some real thin washers and some aluminum strips from Home Depot. I am real anal retentive and shimming took me over an hour to get it as close as possible. It's not 100% perfect but as SAI said and from working with multiple body shops, after market hoods are never perfect. here are a few pics of what it looks like now after the shimming. I got it very close and even the gap difference evened out.

Gary-D1.jpg

Gary-D2.jpg

I'll see if I can dig up some other close up days shots of what it looks like now. :D

Here you go

Hood003.jpg

Hood002.jpg

Hood001.jpg

Thanks Ross. Those pics are exactly what I'm looking for. Your's align perfect then. I wonder if your hood aligns on the other end? like where the hood and fender begins? Because mine does. I'm hoping if the body shop can still tweak my hood. It's already painted and hood pins are installed. :(

Thanks for your pics Chris. Instead of SAI, have you thought about going to a body shop to work the alignment? It looks like your hood just needs to be pushed back a little, if it still can. It's the same in my case. Onces the hood pins are installed, I do not know what else can be done, unless refinishing the whole thing with new pin holes.

GPstangs, thanks for your pics as well.

I'm hoping to get my car back on Wednesday. The shop has my car for over 3 weeks now I'm going nuts! I'll take pics the pics soon.

Archived