TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mr. Shelby's autograph

SGT/SC2873

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The rare car these days is the one that has not been signed.

:hysterical:

I think the ones that do have is autograph are (and will be) even more rare and special; that's why I wanted to have this done.

Here is a pic I shot of my Airbag Cover tonight.

I had the CSM # added which makes it rare and personalized to the car.

I hope to get a chance in the next day or two to install it.

th_AirbagCover007.jpg

Congratulations! I hope to be able to get mine signed after the first of the year...I told my wife that was all I wanted for Christmas this year was enough money to get it signed...hope she listened to me! LOL

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Woo Hoo! My loving wife DID give me the money to get my air bag cover signed, so I'll be taking mine out soon and sending it in for Mr. Shelby's signature in the coming days...I'm so happy!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Woo Hoo! My loving wife DID give me the money to get my air bag cover signed, so I'll be taking mine out soon and sending it in for Mr. Shelby's signature in the coming days...I'm so happy!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

That's great news Carl.

I hope your turn around is quick. I just finished re-installing my signed airbag into the dash a few minutes ago. This was also my Christmas present.

I just ordered an intake plenum cover and plan on sending it in for Mr Shelby's signature. Does anyone know how well a Sharpie signature will hold up under the hood with all that heat? Do you think that I should apply a few coats of clear over the signature?

Thanks

Frank

• 1 month later...
Once you get an item from the car signed, like the air bag plate. Is there any type of transparent protective coating that could be used, to allow you to wipe the dash down without damaging or removing the signiture?

I wonder if you could have a auto paint shop shoot a couple coats of clear over it.... or do it yourself?

Guest hfrosso

removing the air bag cover it's no a "big deal" as some will think, I got out really easy following instruction that someone else posted on the forum ,can't remember where now,but if you look a few pages back you will find it.

you have to send only the cover not the hole air bag unit,and if you prefer the dealer will sell you a new cover so you can send the new one and still be able to drive around with no worries.

mine took about 2 weeks.

I was checking out my air bag cover and noticed it and the entire dash seems to be covered with plastic. I never noticed it before. I'm not sure if I should pull it off or not? Anyone else notice this on their dash? My question is do I pull the plastic off or do I have Mr Shelby sign over the plastic?

I was checking out my air bag cover and noticed it and the entire dash seems to be covered with plastic. I never noticed it before. I'm not sure if I should pull it off or not? Anyone else notice this on their dash? My question is do I pull the plastic off or do I have Mr Shelby sign over the plastic?

:headscratch: Can you post a pic?

Chris

Remove the plastic first.

That was put there to keep the dash from being scratched during transport.

My 08 had it on there as well as the under the front carpets.

You dont want CS signing over the plastic, the signature will be ruined

when the plastic starts to shrivel and peel.

Archived