TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OEM Wheels and tires

2007_Shelby_GT

A couple of questions:

1) With no spare included, I was thinking of purchasing an extra rim and tire for that purpose. Ebay seems to have alot of 17", but no 18" OEM.

Anyone out there seen a wrecked SGT (or someone whose replaced the stock wheels) that's willing to part with one wheel and or tire? (18" polished aluminum)

2) I've picked up my first bit of damage - a small rock bounced up, hit the hood, then my windshield! The windshield has a small "tick" mark and the hood lost a spot of paint about 1/4 inch in diameter. (clear coat, some color, but no primer showing)

Anyone have any tips on repairing this type of damage? Can the windshield be safely polished without leaving swirl marks or other scratches?

Thanks

A couple of questions:

1) With no spare included, I was thinking of purchasing an extra rim and tire for that purpose. Ebay seems to have alot of 17", but no 18" OEM.

Anyone out there seen a wrecked SGT (or someone whose replaced the stock wheels) that's willing to part with one wheel and or tire? (18" polished aluminum)

2) I've picked up my first bit of damage - a small rock bounced up, hit the hood, then my windshield! The windshield has a small "tick" mark and the hood lost a spot of paint about 1/4 inch in diameter. (clear coat, some color, but no primer showing)

Anyone have any tips on repairing this type of damage? Can the windshield be safely polished without leaving swirl marks or other scratches?

Thanks

I can sell a set but won't break them up.

My 18" OEM black rims with tires (with 8 miles on them) were immediately removed and have been stored in my Portland office since last February when I bought my Black SGT.

My plan was to hang onto them for the day I would sell the car....but I don't think that day will ever come :rolleyes:

With that said, I'd be willing to sell my set of rims w/tires for $1,000. plus shipping charges to the first taker.

I figure that these "new" rims and tires have to be worth more than a combined $250. each? Am I all wet?

I would think this is a fair deal.

I'll put the money towards my SC Fund [i can let my wife know this one ;) ]

Wado, the price sounds fair to me, what brand/type of rubber are they shod with and are you willing to ship the individual tires to the four of us that want them?

I would say you hold on to them until all four of us have put up the cash!

Are the rest of you guys in agreement with this?

PayPal accounts all around?

Wado, the price sounds fair to me, what brand/type of rubber are they shod with and are you willing to ship the individual tires to the four of us that want them?

I would say you hold on to them until all four of us have put up the cash!

Are the rest of you guys in agreement with this?

PayPal accounts all around?

factory rubber BFGoodrich 235x50's yes I can ship, they are 55 pounds a piece. I'm tihnking that the easy way is paypal to me and COD for shipping costs to you?

OK - I'm committed!

Diablo, mffarrell, clark17357, you guys in?

Clark is in. I don't know about the COD shipping. I have never done that. Wado is in the same time zone as I am. If Wado can give us a zip code where he is, I can calculate UPS shipping charges. If you have used COD shipping before and it is no sweat, I am not opposed. Let me know. BTW, I assume these wheels are black? While my car has polished wheels, this is only a spare so it is okay by me. Jim

Clark is in. I don't know about the COD shipping. I have never done that. Wado is in the same time zone as I am. If Wado can give us a zip code where he is, I can calculate UPS shipping charges. If you have used COD shipping before and it is no sweat, I am not opposed. Let me know. BTW, I assume these wheels are black? While my car has polished wheels, this is only a spare so it is okay by me. Jim

That may be a better way to go, I'm 98258 I did a quick UPS online and it was looking like $32.00 to L.A and $58.00 to Miami.

Will the stock wheel and tire fit in the trunk wheel well? I thought I saw a post that said they will not.

They won't fit in the wheel well but they will fit in the trunk in what I understand. Jim

They won't fit in the wheel well but they will fit in the trunk in what I understand. Jim

+1

By all reports the kit works well for typical punctures etc. and should have no problem getting you home to swap the wheel/tire.

A quick search of ebay yielded a few, some without tires, but this is still the best price.

black I think, if you were looking for chrome, I will gladly take your spot.

I need a black one. let me know if you opt out & I'll opt in! :D

My bad!

Guess I should have known by Wado's sig pic - they would be black!

I am looking for the polished aluminum, as I plan on rotating all tires regularly.

You may have my slot - I will continue to search.

Wado, you have my apology, but it looks like you have enough takers!

My bad!

I am looking for the polished aluminum, as I plan on rotating all tires regularly.

count me in Wado in 2007_Shelby_GT's spot.....I can paypal the $$ and the UPS to my house, if you find out the amount to zip code 07013, just pm me and I will add it to the paypal payment.

thanks.

I'm thinking $175.00 plus shipping sound fair ?

Bingo, I am in. Well, at least I got in on something! :blink:

My bad!

My bad too! I am also looking for the polished aluminum. Therefore, my spot is is now open.

I don't want to break them up unless I have 4 buyers. I think they will move easily as a set. I'm also selling a set of deep dish bullits with Nittos.

Come on, folks, we need a fourth to make the deal.

Wado, what size are the deep dish bullits with Nittos? Thanks. Jim

Archived