TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Wife's Very Expensive Latte

jaydub Mach1

I had the best of intentions this morning. I went out early AM (for a Sunday) to get coffee drinks for my wife, daughter and me. Of course, doing the math, there are only two cup holders in the SGT for the three drinks. So, I placed my wife's latte in one of those 4 drink cardboard holders and placed it on the front passenger floor mat.

I was driving home so-o-o-o-o carefully. Naturally, her latte fell over and spilled on the floor mat and the carpeting underneath. So, when I got home, I immediately started to clean-up the carpet. I grabbed the workshop light and un-reeled it so I could see how bad the spill was. The light I have is one of those old ones. It uses a 100w bulb in the steel cage.

The carpet cleaner I was using said to spray the spot and let it soak for about 5 minutes. So I did that and went inside. When I returned I saw that I had left the work light turned on and laying on the carpet. Big Mistake!

Now I have a burned golf ball sized hole in the carpeting!!! Ahhhhhhh How can I be so stupid!??? :angry: :angry:

Fortunately, the Shelby signature floor mats cover it up. :(

I had the best of intentions this morning. I went out early AM (for a Sunday) to get coffee drinks for my wife, daughter and me. Of course, doing the math, there are only two cup holders in the SGT for the three drinks. So, I placed my wife's latte in one of those 4 drink cardboard holders and placed it on the front passenger floor mat.

I was driving home so-o-o-o-o carefully. Naturally, her latte fell over and spilled on the floor mat and the carpeting underneath. So, when I got home, I immediately started to clean-up the carpet. I grabbed the workshop light and un-reeled it so I could see how bad the spill was. The light I have is one of those old ones. It uses a 100w bulb in the steel cage.

The carpet cleaner I was using said to spray the spot and let it soak for about 5 minutes. So I did that and went inside. When I returned I saw that I had left the work light turned on and laying on the carpet. Big Mistake!

Now I have a burned golf ball sized hole in the carpeting!!! Ahhhhhhh How can I be so stupid!??? :angry: :angry:

You should be able to buy replacement carpet for the mustang and it's pretty simple to swap out the carpeting in a car--you could do it yourself in coouple of hours.

Don't you know that when you buy a new car the car gods do not smile on you until you muff your car up in some way. When I drive my 98 Crown Vic cop car I could balance three drinks on top of each other and not spill a drop. If I got a drink in the Shelby with a cover and cup holder, every safety device you could imagine and..........ploop I'd spill it. So I guess your going to have to look at it as a part of the break in process, I'm still waiting for the first scratch.

:unsure:

im sorry that it happened, but it sounds JUST like something i would do. not the coffee part, but turning something small it something alot bigger. i feel your pain :unsure:

michael morris

Thanks all for the support. I keep telling myself it could have been worse, but......

Now the final insult. When I brought home her drink (a pumpkin spice latte), she wanted to wait until this morning (Monday) to drink it. She has to get up at 4:30am to catch her ride to the airport for a business trip. So I said good. Then you'll have something to wake you up on the drive in.

So, I get up at my usual 6:00am. She's long gone. I open the frig. SHE FORGOT TO TAKE HER DRINK!!!! She won't be back until next Monday.

So I will enjoy it, instead.

I guess it all worked out. :lol::lol:

Thanks all for the support. I keep telling myself it could have been worse, but......

Now the final insult. When I brought home her drink (a pumpkin spice latte), she wanted to wait until this morning (Monday) to drink it. She has to get up at 4:30am to catch her ride to the airport for a business trip. So I said good. Then you'll have something to wake you up on the drive in.

So, I get up at my usual 6:00am. She's long gone. I open the frig. SHE FORGOT TO TAKE HER DRINK!!!! She won't be back until next Monday.

So I will enjoy it, instead.

I guess it all worked out. :lol::lol:

A whole week without your wife?!?! :huh:

What's your secret?? :lol:

You should be able to buy replacement carpet for the mustang and it's pretty simple to swap out the carpeting in a car--you could do it yourself in coouple of hours.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering how hard it would be. Do you know if I can get the carpet pre-cut from Ford or is it an aftermarket product?

I was thinking about having a shop cut a small patch from under a seat and repair it. I was worried about the color match.

Thanks, again

Don't you know that when you buy a new car the car gods do not smile on you until you muff your car up in some way. When I drive my 98 Crown Vic cop car I could balance three drinks on top of each other and not spill a drop. If I got a drink in the Shelby with a cover and cup holder, every safety device you could imagine and..........ploop I'd spill it. So I guess your going to have to look at it as a part of the break in process, I'm still waiting for the first scratch.

Ohhhh...

Shouldn't've said that! :o

Don't you know that when you buy a new car the car gods do not smile on you until you muff your car up in some way.

This is the first car Ive had where I wasnt either hit by another car or I hit a deer with in the first month of owning it. The wife hates me for not allowing drinks in the car other then water but thats just the way it is. I only allow water because I would do the same thing and turn something minor into something big.

:blink: :blink: :huh: :angry: :mellow:

Don't feel bad....I scratched one of my hood stripes by opening the hood with the windsheild wipers pulled out :o :o :angry:

You can't see it, but I "know" it's there. They wanted almost 400.00 for the hood stripes..so I will live with it until I paint them on.

:o Did your daughter learn some new 4 letter words? :angry: %&$^ %$ &%%^ %&$ &^%&

Been there done that in two other vehicles I owned in the past. One of them was only 2 weeks old. We have a rule with this one, NO DRINKS Except WATER.

CLINK B)

That's nothing compare to what happened when I first got my german shepherd puppy. It was about an hour and a half drive from where I picked her up. Long story short she puked alot of food on my lap, on the carpet, seat, cup holders, and e-break. It was a real mess and I couldn't pull over on the freeway. I had no towels or napkins so I had to drive a half hour with puke on my hands and on the steering wheel. It was a nightmare. I couldn't get angry at her cuz she's so cute and it's not her fault. It's her first time in a car and they fed her too much human food.

Oh well, everything is cleaned and I just laugh about it now. I have fun telling this story to anyone because that's one memory with her I will treasure. She's four months now :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, it gets worse. I went to get the latte the next day (Tuesday), but it was gone. I asked my son what happened to it. Apparently, he opened the frig earler and the latte completely spilled inside. He had to take all the food out to clean it up.

Talked about a latte from heck!! I think it was revenge from my wife for the SGT. :lol::lol:

u forgot that the SGT has a stiffer suspension :lol::lol:

i never drive the SGT with a spillable container. i would <bleep> myself if i spilt somethin in it

This story is ABSOLUTELY like a scene from MY life...ha ha... I say throw the mat over it and be glad that your "first scratch" is not visible. It's "christened" now, and only you know where.

BTW, don't resent your wife; MY wife crashed my last car (Mazda RX8) before I made the first payment. I was out of town, and she decided to have fun and drive it to work. It wasn't her fault, some jerk cut across a few lanes of traffic in a rented Hyundai. But she felt bad for not leaving it in the parking lot where I put it. :(

Good thing I'm a big fan of hers, or.... cement shoes.

And, of course, she won't drive the Shelby. Refuses to risk it.

Jer

This story is ABSOLUTELY like a scene from MY life...ha ha... I say throw the mat over it and be glad that your "first scratch" is not visible. It's "christened" now, and only you know where.

BTW, don't resent your wife; MY wife crashed my last car (Mazda RX8) before I made the first payment. I was out of town, and she decided to have fun and drive it to work. It wasn't her fault, some jerk cut across a few lanes of traffic in a rented Hyundai. But she felt bad for not leaving it in the parking lot where I put it. :(

Good thing I'm a big fan of hers, or.... cement shoes.

And, of course, she won't drive the Shelby. Refuses to risk it.

Jer

:lol::lol:

Thanks for the story.

Yor're right. It could have been worse!!

• 6 years later...

Sigh...yes I can add to the list of "don't feel bads cuz I..." I went to autozone to buy a battery for my motorcycle n filled it with acid so they could charge it for me...filled it n instead of taking it home in the box I just plopped it on the car floor...n after the battery tipped over, spilled some acid, n burned a few holes in my carpet n stock Shelby mats...I am here getting consoled by the fact that my misery also has the company of other unfortunate souls.

Archived