TEAM SHELBY FORUM

S197 Boss Wish List

MustangFanatic

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id say give it the big fogs like the GT... since th shelby doesnt have it.

I have to have leather seats.. sorry..

Different spoiler... GT500 hood maybe... at least give it a scoop or something.. not really picky on that but something on it. (just not tacky).

Go with some nice old school stripes. Definatly not the ones they are putting on the independent BOSS's right now. (those stripes are hideous)

Gotta have unique badging !

I know I said 400hp earlier but I really think it needs more.. especially with the new camaros coming out.

ALUMINUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep the interior reto but maybe make some slight changes here and there just to set it aside from the rest.

But.. keep it VERY retro.

Make me not regret choosing this car over a Shelby if I go with it.

One good way would be to have that 400+ horsepower WITHOUT a supercharger.

450 without would be dreamy!!!!

Id say give it the big fogs like the GT... since th shelby doesnt have it.

I have to have leather seats.. sorry..

Different spoiler... GT500 hood maybe... at least give it a scoop or something.. not really picky on that but something on it. (just not tacky).

Go with some nice old school stripes. Definatly not the ones they are putting on the independent BOSS's right now. (those stripes are hideous)

Gotta have unique badging !

I know I said 400hp earlier but I really think it needs more.. especially with the new camaros coming out.

ALUMINUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep the interior reto but maybe make some slight changes here and there just to set it aside from the rest.

But.. keep it VERY retro.

Make me not regret choosing this car over a Shelby if I go with it.

One good way would be to have that 400+ horsepower WITHOUT a supercharger.

450 without would be dreamy!!!!

I like most all of your ideas ...more than that, I like you're thinking on the whole package. I have no inside info, but I'd bet they stay closer to 375-400HP -- given Camaro and Ford's inclination to stay well within the +/- 450HP the GT bottom end can handle. Aluminum nat.asp. -- yes! The again, with dif piston/rods saleen goes about 475 (I think, on the stage-3) with no apparent problems.

I only wish the modular motor had 1/2" larger bore spacing so the 5.4 could have a much shorter stroke and rev to 6800 or more -- that would be so much in keping with the Boss302; they only started making their real HP at around 5000. Of course, if the hurricane were to happen, it would likely wind up in a 'Shelby1000KR' (just kidding, but who knows?!) and 750HP would be no prob. But that's another dream ;-)

Guest evilchris

NO STRIPES. Stickers on a car are the gayest thing ever. The vinyl tape stripes on the GT500 just cheapen it SO bad. Boy racer 100%. I couldn't care less if the original Shelby's had them, they are gay.

NO STRIPES. Stickers on a car are the gayest thing ever. The vinyl tape stripes on the GT500 just cheapen it SO bad. Boy racer 100%. I couldn't care less if the original Shelby's had them, they are gay.

Sounds like a vote for "stripes optional" then... since I can't imagine a Boss3xx with no stripe option at all (have to appease us old-times!) ;-)

Sounds like a vote for "stripes optional" then... since I can't imagine a Boss3xx with no stripe option at all (have to appease us old-times!) ;-)

You can definitely include me in the "stripes optional" group, I personally don't want stripes on my Boss. However, I understand many do so I would definitely say that Ford should offer them as optional.

You can definitely include me in the "stripes optional" group, I personally don't want stripes on my Boss. However, I understand many do so I would definitely say that Ford should offer them as optional.

You know, it's funny... I like seeing the stripes on the car, but the more I think about actually buying one, I guess I'd have to agree... I don't think I'd actually order mine with stripes either...

thanks for the sanity check ;-)

You know, it's funny... I like seeing the stripes on the car, but the more I think about actually buying one, I guess I'd have to agree... I don't think I'd actually order mine with stripes either...

thanks for the sanity check ;-)

I know exactly what you mean, I love the original Boss Mustangs but wouldn't want my Boss to have stripes. I would like a nice Ram-Air hood though!! :bandance: Hmm, sounds like another "option" to me!!

Since we are both Boss freaks and as such we should consider founding an organization of future Boss owners :rockon:

As far as the stripes go.. Id get them to keep old school and let the people on the road KNOW that I was in a Boss :rockon:

That is as long as it wasnt the HUGE stripes that the Boss people are putting on the

custom made ones here lately.

As far as my other recommendations.. I stay the same.

We need to have more hp than the camaro though! (or alot less weight, or both if they can keep that price tag at about 35-36k). 40k is for shelby.... REMEMBER THIS FORD.

But to let the camaro outdo the Boss would be a BAD IDEA.

I still say that the side scoops on the aftermarket example that I showed are a good idea..

And for those of you who dont like the example.. they could always tone it down on them a tad.

My point is that the side scoops would definatly set the car apart from the GT's and GT500.

That is something I think is essential. And more than just a slight difference in front end would be required in my opinion to make it truly different, which the side scoops would do.

This way again.. we can let people know when we they see us on the road WITHOUT A MISTAKE. "Hey this is a Boss.... haus!" :rockon:

OH again keep the big fog lights!

Again remember Ford.. KEEP IT RETRO. DO NOT GO TO0 AERODYNAMIC OR MODERN. In my opinion the new Camaro looks WAY TO MODERN! I get the same comments from almost everyone I talk to.. even the camaro fans. They say its a bit retro but too much future added in.. a bit is o k.. but that was too much.

PS.. PLEEAAAASSEEEEEEE Make it a Boss and not a Mach.

I love Mach's but they HAD THEIR COMBACK. IT IS THE TIME OF THE BOSS NOW!!!!!!

Overall, my view of the next Boss is this: I'd love to see the new Boss with a 400 hp 5.0L All-Aluminum 4V engine, a 6 spd manual transmission, IRS, 14" 4 or 6 piston front brakes, curb weight of 3,400 lbs, rear quarter hips, '69 - '70 rear quarter window design, deep front chin spoiler, rear pedestal spoiler, with the following features as optional: side scoops, '70-style Boss stripes and either a Shaker or Ram-Air Hood all for $35K. However, I realize that Ford probably couldn't deliver a car with all that equipment for that price.

IF (and I emphasize if) Ford can't deliver the above for $35K, then my next choice would be to offer a near carbon copy of the PJ Saleen Mustang from a styling perspective with the aforementioned engine, transmission, suspension and brake components. A Boss Mustang styled like the PJ Saleen Mustang would create a unique style without breaking the bank, keeping the price point affordable for those of us who really want a Boss but live in the real world of mortgages and college educations.

Overall, my view of the next Boss is this: I'd love to see the new Boss with a 400 hp 5.0L All-Aluminum 4V engine, a 6 spd manual transmission, IRS, 14" 4 or 6 piston front brakes, curb weight of 3,400 lbs, rear quarter hips, '69 - '70 rear quarter window design, deep front chin spoiler, rear pedestal spoiler, with the following features as optional: side scoops, '70-style Boss stripes and either a Shaker or Ram-Air Hood all for $35K. However, I realize that Ford probably couldn't deliver a car with all that equipment for that price.

IF (and I emphasize if) Ford can't deliver the above for $35K, then my next choice would be to offer a near carbon copy of the PJ Saleen Mustang from a styling perspective with the aforementioned engine, transmission, suspension and brake components. A Boss Mustang styled like the PJ Saleen Mustang would create a unique style without breaking the bank, keeping the price point affordable for those of us who really want a Boss but live in the real world of mortgages and college educations.

Sometimes I can't help but think that the PJ Saleen is sort of a concept for Ford to test the watters. It loked GREAT at NYIAS -- it was out front in the lobby-area Saleen corral, not inside with Ford, but that's to be expected. It was drawing more attention than the S7 ;-)

Archived