TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAI Driving Lights

69dejavue

I want to install the lower billet grille, brake duct, and the SHELBY driving lights. However, I would think that driving lights would be installed in the upper grille, as the Mustang GT is from the factory. Usually it is only fog lights that are mounted this low. If anyone has the SHELBY driving lights mounted in the area of the lower grille area please apprize me of the light output and if you think the lights are practical or more decorative.

Do the lights really make a difference?

Thank you

I want to install the lower billet grille, brake duct, and the SHELBY driving lights. However, I would think that driving lights would be installed in the upper grille, as the Mustang GT is from the factory. Usually it is only fog lights that are mounted this low. If anyone has the SHELBY driving lights mounted in the area of the lower grille area please apprize me of the light output and if you think the lights are practical or more decorative.

Thank you

I recently drove a GT-H convertible in Florida and it had the Shelby mounted lower fog (driving?) lights. They look great and I plan to add them to my car, however the light output was negligible at night.

That is what I was afraid of that the lights may be too low to be of practical value. Has anyone else installed the SHELBY driving lights in the lower area (I am only interested in the driving lights from SAI).

Fog lights are generally very low, driving lights are usually mounted higher. If so then it would appear the SAI light kit for the lower grille area may look neat but offer little light. I know others have had the lights installed at SAI and I would appreciate hearing your comments.

That is what I was afraid of that the lights may be too low to be of practical value. Has anyone else installed the SHELBY driving lights in the lower area (I am only interested in the driving lights from SAI).

Fog lights are generally very low, driving lights are usually mounted higher. If so then it would appear the SAI light kit for the lower grille area may look neat but offer little light. I know others have had the lights installed at SAI and I would appreciate hearing your comments.

I have the factory (Mod Shop) lower grill, driving lights and brake ducts. The driving lights are actually quite good, but you have to aim them. They were probably aimed too low on that GT-H. Once aimed properly they are not bad.

Todd

CSM1638

True, fog lights are Yellow or Amber so they cut through the glare and reflection of white light against the water particles. White lights are driving lights. The last few years people have added lower lights and called them fog lights in that if the the fog is not too close to the ground these will light the road better so you can see the stripes etc but most fog is ground fog and they are useless and often make things worse.

As for the GTH lights two I looked at had been pushed downward from people hitting the lower fascia on a curb or something. So if you didn't check them they may have been bent downward.

• 1 month later...

Thank you

I live in the rainy/foggy northwest and am also interested in installing fog/driving lights. However, I don't see a kit available from SPP. Anyone aware of when SAI plans to offer this upgrade kit?

Larry

Archived