TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Time Damage to Front Spoiler Chin! Argh!

RetroAlex

Bummer....My SGT was a virgin (5 months) until yesterday night...until I missed-judged a concrete wheel stop and ran the front spoiler chin over it! <_< When I put the car in reverse a piece of rebar got under the chin and pulled 2 of the corner black plastic rivets out. The rivet hole on the white bumper part now has a tear in it to the bumper edge plus there are the associated paint scrapes!

I know this might seem like a small issue to some but I've kept this car immaculate til now.....

Today I visited the dealer parts shop and ordered 2 new rivets (I guess the old ones wont go back in?) and some Performance White touch-up paint. What I'm hoping to do is (on my next oil change) either have the mechanic or myself install the rivets and tackle the touch-up paint.

Any thoughts?

RETROALEX #2946

Bummer....My SGT was a virgin (5 months) until yesterday night...until I missed-judged a concrete wheel stop and ran the front spoiler chin over it! <_< When I put the car in reverse a piece of rebar got under the chin and pulled 2 of the corner black plastic rivets out. The rivet hole on the white bumper part now has a tear in it to the bumper edge plus there are the associated paint scrapes!

I know this might seem like a small issue to some but I've kept this car immaculate til now.....

Today I visited the dealer parts shop and ordered 2 new rivets (I guess the old ones wont go back in?) and some Performance White touch-up paint. What I'm hoping to do is (on my next oil change) either have the mechanic or myself install the rivets and tackle the touch-up paint.

Any thoughts?

RETROALEX #2946

Man that sucks, sadly you just can't keep a car perfect if you use it.

Been there, don't that...well maybe not that bad. this just reminds me why Ford doesn't make the lower stance standard. I love the lower ride but I wish I could raise it up to 4x4 height when parking. :lol:

I know someone who installed air ride up front just for that reason. Push a button and the front end raises to clear the steep drive way and clear pylons.

I'm concerned I will do this too, as I have always liked to pull into a parking pass until I feel the front tires touch the parking stop.

It will be a hard habit to break.

I had the same habit---I've become very concious of it whenever I park the Shelby and I leave myself no doubt I'm back far enough (I think partly due to posts like this) and park way short of the curbs---as long as I'm not sticking out into the line of lot traffic, I call it good.

I had the same habit---I've become very concious of it whenever I park the Shelby and I leave myself no doubt I'm back far enough (I think partly due to posts like this) and park way short of the curbs---as long as I'm not sticking out into the line of lot traffic, I call it good.

+10000000

Now you see, while these look so much better than a regular GT, they aren't standard.

Archived