TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bad news on wheels!!!!!

Strawman

I just got off the phone with SPP, I feel like I've been punched in the stomach. After finally deciding to go with the GT40 wheels, I'm told today that these wheels are no longer available from American Racing. Gone. Nada. Never mind that they're still on the American Racing and SPP sites. OK, so that leaves me with the option to go with the new CS40, right? Wrong. Not available until March of '08, way too late. Never mind that they've just been added to the SPP winter catalog showing a December '07 delivery. Redlines? Nope, sorry, only 8.5 inch widths available anymore. No 285's on those baby's. Alcoa's? Nope, SAI won't install, I want the brakes and wheels installed at SAI. The CS 56's are unavailable. Which leaves me with one of the remaining CS wheels (if they're compatible) or Razors, none of which were atop my list. Did I miss anything? So, I'm a little bummed right now.

I just got off the phone with SPP, I feel like I've been punched in the stomach. After finally deciding to go with the GT40 wheels, I'm told today that these wheels are no longer available from American Racing. Gone. Nada. Never mind that they're still on the American Racing and SPP sites. OK, so that leaves me with the option to go with the new CS40, right? Wrong. Not available until March of '08, way too late. Never mind that they've just been added to the SPP winter catalog showing a December '07 delivery. Redlines? Nope, sorry, only 8.5 inch widths available anymore. No 285's on those baby's. Alcoa's? Nope, SAI won't install, I want the brakes and wheels installed at SAI. The CS 56's are unavailable. Which leaves me with one of the remaining CS wheels (if they're compatible) or Razors, none of which were atop my list. Did I miss anything? So, I'm a little bummed right now.

If I were going with anything other than stock, I'd be going for the magnum500 look Roger got--his wheels look sweeeet!

With do respect to SPP, don't rely on their word. Try another vendor or maybe even American Racings Custom shop. I bought mine from Evolution Performance. You can find their number on the stangsunleashed site. They can have them shipped anywhere. I know American Racing was moving the custom production facility from SoCal to somewhere in the midwest. That might be the glitch.

Get a second opinion.

With do respect to SPP, don't rely on their word. Try another vendor or maybe even American Racings Custom shop. I bought mine from Evolution Performance. You can find their number on the stangsunleashed site. They can have them shipped anywhere. I know American Racing was moving the custom production facility from SoCal to somewhere in the midwest. That might be the glitch.

Get a second opinion.

+1

Get a second opinion.

Yeah, thanks, I called Evolution earlier, they were going to check for me. I hope you're right, as you know I've been lusting after your wheels for some time now. Where exactly do you live? lol

Strawman,

HRE is a company that specializes in high-end wheels. A lot of your exotic cars use these after market wheels. They can do one-off wheels, customization, etc. They also have a full line of wheels if you already like what they carry. They give you many options too with regards to finish, colors, powdercoating, etc. They are pricey, they start out at about the same price point as the GT40's. If you really have your heart set on that style, I would talk to them and I'm sure they could make you something very similar, assuming you don't find the GT40's somewhere. Here's the link:

www.hrewheels.com/

Strawman,

HRE is a company that specializes in high-end wheels. A lot of your exotic cars use these after market wheels. They can do one-off wheels, customization, etc. They also have a full line of wheels if you already like what they carry. They give you many options too with regards to finish, colors, powdercoating, etc. They are pricey, they start out at about the same price point as the GT40's. If you really have your heart set on that style, I would talk to them and I'm sure they could make you something very similar, assuming you don't find the GT40's somewhere. Here's the link:

www.hrewheels.com/

Guys,

I put AR Shelby Redlines on my SGT. Very happy with the wheels. I also have a Daytona coupe replica that I put a set of compomotive pin drives on. they also have some great bolt on wheels. all made to order in your choice of backspacing, offset and finish. top quality products. check out the vintage styles on their site. takes 6-8 weeks after order. Small shop really nice people.

http://www.usacomp.com/

Guys,

I put AR Shelby Redlines on my SGT. Very happy with the wheels. I also have a Daytona coupe replica that I put a set of compomotive pin drives on. they also have some great bolt on wheels. all made to order in your choice of backspacing, offset and finish. top quality products. check out the vintage styles on their site. takes 6-8 weeks after order. Small shop really nice people.

http://www.usacomp.com/

Do you have any pics of your SGT posted or available?

www.iforged.com

www.trueforgedwheels.com

www.asantiwheels.com

All these people do custom rims as well, and I would imagine in the price range of HREs as well. 2 piece, 3 piece, custom colors, custom backspacing, etc etc. Lots of other options besides SPP. I will probably go with one of these guys when my stock rubber wears out.

www.iforged.com

www.trueforgedwheels.com

www.asantiwheels.com

All these people do custom rims as well, and I would imagine in the price range of HREs as well. 2 piece, 3 piece, custom colors, custom backspacing, etc etc. Lots of other options besides SPP. I will probably go with one of these guys when my stock rubber wears out.

I did a lot of wheel thopping lately and all I can say is there are a lot of players, it pays to shop. I think Foose and Cottington will do customs also.

I really do believe the 20's make that car appear healthier, stronger looking and just gives it what it needs, appearance wise. Now for you guys that are tracking it, maybe the 18's are what you need, but for show and staright line go, the 20's are the ticket if you can afford them.

hi guys, I dont have the catalog, so could someone post the picture of this wheel and I will figure out the issue

Amy

Amy, I think you refering to post #1 about the GT40 wheel being discontinued. Here is a picture of the wheel I think you are asking for.

IMG_0615.jpg

Another related concern is that there is no Shelby licensed 18" wheel that will fit on the GT500 (which is stock with 18" wheels) or Shelby GT with big brakes. Is there any chance that an 18" wheel compatible with big brakes could be designed. I think there may be a market out there for them. Although we all like great looking cars, some of us love great looking cars that go really fast also. The 20" wheels and lack of racing tires or barely legal street tires for the 20" wheels are slowing us down. :blink:

Amy, any assistance you could give regarding these wheels would be appreciated.

Amy, I think you refering to post #1 about the GT40 wheel being discontinued. Here is a picture of the wheel I think you are asking for.

IMG_0615.jpg

Another related concern is that there is no Shelby licensed 18" wheel that will fit on the GT500 (which is stock with 18" wheels) or Shelby GT with big brakes. Is there any chance that an 18" wheel compatible with big brakes could be designed. I think there may be a market out there for them. Although we all like great looking cars, some of us love great looking cars that go really fast also. The 20" wheels and lack of racing tires or barely legal street tires for the 20" wheels are slowing us down. :blink:

Nice pic, think you could rub it in a little more? How about the caption "I've got 'em and you can't get 'em!"

IMG_0615.jpg

sorry, don't see the picture...

sorry, don't see the picture...

It's...right...there (even in your own copy of his post). :huh:

+1000

Archived